Who will buy the Dell Streak when it comes out

Professor

Who will buy the Dell Streak when it comes out

While this phone (or mini-tablet?) is gorgeous, unless you have a very specific use case, I can't see many people buying it.

Message 1 of 21 (3,310 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Who will buy the Dell Streak when it comes out

I'll definitely get one if it comes out on the 14th. If they make me wait much longer I'm tempted to pay the early termination fee in order to switch to Sprint and get the Evo.

Message 16 of 21 (2,042 Views)
Guru

If it has the Dell name on it I avoid it. Out of all the electronics I have had the ones I have had the most issues with those that had the Dell name on them.

Message 17 of 21 (2,031 Views)
Tutor

I am most diffidently looking in to it, so far ATT has no android phones with a 4"+ screen with flash for the camera.

But I am worried about what will happen in the next 6 month, larger processors, better memory options, 1080HD video recording, and 4.3" screens. I really don't want to be stuck with a obsolete phone in 2 months.

Message 18 of 21 (1,684 Views)
Professor

guandalf wrote:

While this phone (or mini-tablet?) is gorgeous, unless you have a very specific use case, I can't see many people buying it.

I stumbled across this old discussion... I GOT ONE Smiley Wink  and love it!

Message 19 of 21 (453 Views)
Scholar

I've been waiting for a cell phone manufacture to make a 5" phone and I jumped when this beauty became available.  I've had it for six (6) months and I'm loving it.  Just wish it had a (vertical) slider keyboard like the Venue.

Message 20 of 21 (435 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

ameiurus wrote:

I've been waiting for a cell phone manufacture to make a 5" phone and I jumped when this beauty became available.  I've had it for six (6) months and I'm loving it.  Just wish it had a (vertical) slider keyboard like the Venue.

Yeah! I got one! Jumped on this  baby the moment i had a chance to get it.   Theres a discussions on Android Operating systems and Dell Streak at the link below.

I am a big fan of physical keyboards too.  I like my streak locked in landscape view, and still on 2.2(.1) not updated to 2.2.2 yet because of some issues othere have had.  I dont want to take taht chance just yet. else, have to root and flashy  back to an older version, etc.

I got this bluetooth keypad that works as well as a physical qwerty... but i am finding msyelf more and more using onscreen keys.

http://forums.att.com/t5/Android-Community-Discussion/DELL-Streak-ANDROID/td-p/2710731

Can you post some pros/ cons you have experienced under the discussion about 2.2.2 at then android community discusisons?  Interested to hear your results.

Message 21 of 21 (429 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.