Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 21, 2010
6:12:50 PM
View profile
Who said there was a wait for the iPhone 4?

I ordered my iPhone 4 16GB yesterday and it Shipped today!! How lucky am I?!

Order Number: *********
Date Ordered: 07/20/10

FREIGHT

ShippedPop up

07/21/10

FEDX

Various SIM

ShippedPop up

07/21/10

FEDX

Apple IPH 4 16GB BLK PHONE

ShippedPop up

07/21/10

FEDX

I ordered my iPhone 4 16GB yesterday and it Shipped today!! How lucky am I?!

Order Number: *********
Date Ordered: 07/20/10

FREIGHT

ShippedPop up

07/21/10

FEDX

Various SIM

ShippedPop up

07/21/10

FEDX

ShippedPop up

07/21/10

FEDX

Who said there was a wait for the iPhone 4?

24 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(24)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 21, 2010 6:15:24 PM
(0)
Scholar

hahaha WIN

hahaha WIN

Re: Who said there was a wait for the iPhone 4?

2 of 25 (1,955 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 21, 2010 6:18:45 PM
(0)
Teacher

Wow...some folks here are waiting since 7/9!!!  It's all about timing I guess...good for you.

Wow...some folks here are waiting since 7/9!!!  It's all about timing I guess...good for you.

3 of 25 (1,934 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 21, 2010 6:19:22 PM
(0)
Explorer

you are the luckiest in all the land!!!!!!!!!!!  lolololol

you are the luckiest in all the land!!!!!!!!!!!  lolololol

4 of 25 (1,928 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 21, 2010 6:23:01 PM
(0)
Mentor

So did you order more than 1 iPhone 4?

So did you order more than 1 iPhone 4?

5 of 25 (1,906 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 21, 2010 6:23:07 PM
(0)
Mentor

haha I wish this is my real order status!

Order Number:
Date Ordered: 07/12/10

FREIGHT

In ProgressPop up

Various SIM

In ProgressPop up

In ProgressPop up

haha I wish this is my real order status!

Order Number:
Date Ordered: 07/12/10

FREIGHT

In ProgressPop up

Various SIM

In ProgressPop up

In ProgressPop up

6 of 25 (1,905 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 21, 2010 6:24:45 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by katieeighty on Jul 21, 2010 at 6:34:14 PM

hahahahaha {word filter evasion}. that was actually funny, now heres to hoping the 7/10ers (me) get off tonight so we can move on to 11ers and then you.

hahahahaha {word filter evasion}. that was actually funny, now heres to hoping the 7/10ers (me) get off tonight so we can move on to 11ers and then you.

[ Edited ]
7 of 25 (1,897 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 21, 2010 6:24:49 PM
(0)
Mentor

I guess i wanted to see what it felt like to actually have mine off back order! Its WAY too good to be true!!!!!

I guess i wanted to see what it felt like to actually have mine off back order! Its WAY too good to be true!!!!!

8 of 25 (1,896 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 21, 2010 6:26:15 PM
(0)
Mentor

dude I know! I look at it every half hour.....now I just expect it to be BO and I'm starting to think I won't get it till like August.

dude I know! I look at it every half hour.....now I just expect it to be BO and I'm starting to think I won't get it till like August.

9 of 25 (1,886 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 21, 2010 6:27:59 PM
(0)
Mentor

Haha I think i bought myself a Christmas present!

Haha I think i bought myself a Christmas present!

10 of 25 (1,861 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 21, 2010 6:29:41 PM
(0)
Mentor

Yea.....Christmas 2011 sounds about right.

Yea.....Christmas 2011 sounds about right.

11 of 25 (886 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 21, 2010 6:31:07 PM
(0)
Explorer

At least there was actually something to smile about for a minute!! Smiley Happy

At least there was actually something to smile about for a minute!! Smiley Happy

12 of 25 (880 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 21, 2010 6:31:56 PM
(0)
Mentor

Hahah Yeah! can you post a forum if yours gets off back order tonight?

Hahah Yeah! can you post a forum if yours gets off back order tonight?

13 of 25 (876 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 21, 2010 6:34:16 PM
(0)
Mentor

I most certainly will.

I most certainly will.

14 of 25 (873 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 21, 2010 6:35:32 PM
(0)
Mentor

Thanks! I sure hope you'll be posting a forum tonight! Smiley Wink

Thanks! I sure hope you'll be posting a forum tonight! Smiley Wink

15 of 25 (869 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 21, 2010 7:16:43 PM
(0)
Tutor

this makes me want to punch a baby.

this makes me want to punch a baby.

16 of 25 (816 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 21, 2010 7:39:43 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by katieeighty on Jul 21, 2010 at 7:54:47 PM

{word filter violation} 7/12 BO still for me. and i lost my phone on 7/11 so im even more impatient! Smiley Mad cause im phone-less and ipod-less. GREAT!  at least i dont have my girl nagging me ever 2 minutes. LOL

{word filter violation} 7/12 BO still for me. and i lost my phone on 7/11 so im even more impatient! Smiley Mad cause im phone-less and ipod-less. GREAT!  at least i dont have my girl nagging me ever 2 minutes. LOL

[ Edited ]
17 of 25 (792 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 21, 2010 7:45:08 PM
(0)
Teacher

bought mine on 7/9 and im getting it tomorrow =P

bought mine on 7/9 and im getting it tomorrow =P

18 of 25 (781 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 21, 2010 8:12:45 PM
(0)
Tutor

I ordered next month and off BO.................................  

Order Number: **********
Date Ordered: 08/21/10

1FREIGHTIn ProgressPop up 100  
2Apple IPH 4 16GB BLK PHONEIn ProgressPop up 100  
3Various SIMIn ProgressPop up 100  
4Various SIMIn ProgressPop up 100  
5Apple IPH 4 16GB BLK PHONEIn ProgressPop up 100  

I ordered next month and off BO.................................  

Order Number: **********
Date Ordered: 08/21/10

1FREIGHTIn ProgressPop up 100  
2Apple IPH 4 16GB BLK PHONEIn ProgressPop up 100  
3Various SIMIn ProgressPop up 100  
4Various SIMIn ProgressPop up 100  
5Apple IPH 4 16GB BLK PHONEIn ProgressPop up 100  

19 of 25 (747 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 21, 2010 8:20:04 PM
(0)
Mentor

NOT FAIR!!! haha

NOT FAIR!!! haha

20 of 25 (729 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2010 4:18:00 AM
(0)
Professor

I think the OP's experience is actually in the majority, contrary to what you'd surmise reading all the posts of people who are having issues.

Its human nature. We think what we see is all there is. As long as all we see are people complaining about something, we think EVERYBODY's having that problem.

Meanwhile, the vast majority of people are receiving their phones on time with no issues. They aren't going to go sign up on a website and make mention of it, so we can't recognize them.

They're busy off enjoying their phones! Smiley Very Happy

I think the OP's experience is actually in the majority, contrary to what you'd surmise reading all the posts of people who are having issues.

Its human nature. We think what we see is all there is. As long as all we see are people complaining about something, we think EVERYBODY's having that problem.

Meanwhile, the vast majority of people are receiving their phones on time with no issues. They aren't going to go sign up on a website and make mention of it, so we can't recognize them.

They're busy off enjoying their phones! Smiley Very Happy

21 of 25 (895 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 23, 2010 1:45:32 PM
(0)
Teacher

Okay, sure, Mobile Master.  But here's a story for ya....I ordered my phone on June 18th -- yes, that says JUNE -- and as of July 20th still had not received it.  This has driven me to the brink of insanity, partly because it's been so long and then I think, "It's just a phone", and then immediately think, "Yes, it's just a phone, so why can't AT&T ship it to me?!?!?!"  Finally on the 20th I had to cancel the order!  Can you believe it??  AT&T said there was a hold on it and it was Apple's fault and Apple said it was -- you guessed it -- AT&T's fault.  They ended up saying that I had to start from scratch......!

How many customer service reps did I talk to during this whole ordeal?  About 20.  How many had any answers for me?  Zero.  How many offered any kind of material apology for the situation?  One (and that was today -- six weeks into the whole situation!)

How much do I hate AT&T?  Is infinity a number...?  How much do I hate Apple?  Infinity minus one.

So here I wait for my phone.  Checking the order status like a cracked out lab monkey conditioned to do nothing else.....I am a fool, I am a shell of the man I used to be, I am wanting an iPhone still, but can't even remember why.....

Okay, sure, Mobile Master.  But here's a story for ya....I ordered my phone on June 18th -- yes, that says JUNE -- and as of July 20th still had not received it.  This has driven me to the brink of insanity, partly because it's been so long and then I think, "It's just a phone", and then immediately think, "Yes, it's just a phone, so why can't AT&T ship it to me?!?!?!"  Finally on the 20th I had to cancel the order!  Can you believe it??  AT&T said there was a hold on it and it was Apple's fault and Apple said it was -- you guessed it -- AT&T's fault.  They ended up saying that I had to start from scratch......!

How many customer service reps did I talk to during this whole ordeal?  About 20.  How many had any answers for me?  Zero.  How many offered any kind of material apology for the situation?  One (and that was today -- six weeks into the whole situation!)

How much do I hate AT&T?  Is infinity a number...?  How much do I hate Apple?  Infinity minus one.

So here I wait for my phone.  Checking the order status like a cracked out lab monkey conditioned to do nothing else.....I am a fool, I am a shell of the man I used to be, I am wanting an iPhone still, but can't even remember why.....

22 of 25 (763 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 23, 2010 1:55:04 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by 5bonds on Jul 23, 2010 at 1:56:54 PM

And by the way, MM.  I understand your point about discussion boards being a magnet for complainers (if I actually had my phone I wouldn't be wasting my time whining into the web-o-sphere) but here another truth for you:  stories like mine and the other people who get the shaft by big companies like you-know-who get ignored because they aren't the norm.  So why should they give a you-know-what as long as most people are happy...or, more correctly, as long as most people aren't complaining?

And by the way, MM.  I understand your point about discussion boards being a magnet for complainers (if I actually had my phone I wouldn't be wasting my time whining into the web-o-sphere) but here another truth for you:  stories like mine and the other people who get the shaft by big companies like you-know-who get ignored because they aren't the norm.  So why should they give a you-know-what as long as most people are happy...or, more correctly, as long as most people aren't complaining?

[ Edited ]
23 of 25 (739 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 24, 2010 3:12:09 AM
(0)
Professor

Yeah, I gotta admit I'd be in a straight jacket by now. That's absolutely ridiculous. I don't know if its "getting the shaft." But I can think of no worldly reason why you should be waiting more than a month for your iPhone. They owe you more than a one rep apology.

Yeah, I gotta admit I'd be in a straight jacket by now. That's absolutely ridiculous. I don't know if its "getting the shaft." But I can think of no worldly reason why you should be waiting more than a month for your iPhone. They owe you more than a one rep apology.

24 of 25 (635 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 24, 2010 5:53:07 AM
(0)
Scholar

5bonds, I can't blame you for being upset.  I'd be really mad too if I had to wait a month and then start over. Yeah, it's a phone, but still it's frustrating when you want something and try to buy it and can't and meanwhile others way after you have already got their phones. I ordered mine on opening day and for the next 8 days had no idea if I would get it or when it would ship and I would check my status a couple of times a day. Yeah we all knew we should get it on launch day, but no one was sure.  Lots of people didn't get it on launch day.  There are also people like you that have been waiting weeks and there is no excuse for that.  Whatever they do next time they need to have a more equitable system where it is based on when you ordered. People ordering 2 or 3 days later should not get their phone earlier.  It's all electronic, why is that happening? I wonder if some of it is the order numbers themselves.  They didn't seem to be in order of when it was placed.  Who knows. 

5bonds, I can't blame you for being upset.  I'd be really mad too if I had to wait a month and then start over. Yeah, it's a phone, but still it's frustrating when you want something and try to buy it and can't and meanwhile others way after you have already got their phones. I ordered mine on opening day and for the next 8 days had no idea if I would get it or when it would ship and I would check my status a couple of times a day. Yeah we all knew we should get it on launch day, but no one was sure.  Lots of people didn't get it on launch day.  There are also people like you that have been waiting weeks and there is no excuse for that.  Whatever they do next time they need to have a more equitable system where it is based on when you ordered. People ordering 2 or 3 days later should not get their phone earlier.  It's all electronic, why is that happening? I wonder if some of it is the order numbers themselves.  They didn't seem to be in order of when it was placed.  Who knows. 

25 of 25 (611 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments