Who said there was a wait for the iPhone 4?

Mentor

Who said there was a wait for the iPhone 4?

I ordered my iPhone 4 16GB yesterday and it Shipped today!! How lucky am I?!

Order Number: *********
Date Ordered: 07/20/10

FREIGHT

ShippedPop up

07/21/10

FEDX

Various SIM

ShippedPop up

07/21/10

FEDX

Apple IPH 4 16GB BLK PHONE

ShippedPop up

07/21/10

FEDX

Message 1 of 25 (2,056 Views)
Tutor

Re: Who said there was a wait for the iPhone 4?

this makes me want to punch a baby.

Message 16 of 25 (900 Views)
J24
Tutor

[ Edited ]

{word filter violation} 7/12 BO still for me. and i lost my phone on 7/11 so im even more impatient! Smiley Mad cause im phone-less and ipod-less. GREAT!  at least i dont have my girl nagging me ever 2 minutes. LOL

Message 17 of 25 (876 Views)
Teacher

bought mine on 7/9 and im getting it tomorrow =P

Message 18 of 25 (865 Views)
Tutor

I ordered next month and off BO.................................  

Order Number: **********
Date Ordered: 08/21/10

1FREIGHTIn ProgressPop up 100  
2Apple IPH 4 16GB BLK PHONEIn ProgressPop up 100  
3Various SIMIn ProgressPop up 100  
4Various SIMIn ProgressPop up 100  
5Apple IPH 4 16GB BLK PHONEIn ProgressPop up 100  

Message 19 of 25 (831 Views)
Mentor

NOT FAIR!!! haha

Message 20 of 25 (813 Views)
Professor

I think the OP's experience is actually in the majority, contrary to what you'd surmise reading all the posts of people who are having issues.

Its human nature. We think what we see is all there is. As long as all we see are people complaining about something, we think EVERYBODY's having that problem.

Meanwhile, the vast majority of people are receiving their phones on time with no issues. They aren't going to go sign up on a website and make mention of it, so we can't recognize them.

They're busy off enjoying their phones! Smiley Very Happy

Message 21 of 25 (979 Views)
Teacher

Okay, sure, Mobile Master.  But here's a story for ya....I ordered my phone on June 18th -- yes, that says JUNE -- and as of July 20th still had not received it.  This has driven me to the brink of insanity, partly because it's been so long and then I think, "It's just a phone", and then immediately think, "Yes, it's just a phone, so why can't AT&T ship it to me?!?!?!"  Finally on the 20th I had to cancel the order!  Can you believe it??  AT&T said there was a hold on it and it was Apple's fault and Apple said it was -- you guessed it -- AT&T's fault.  They ended up saying that I had to start from scratch......!

How many customer service reps did I talk to during this whole ordeal?  About 20.  How many had any answers for me?  Zero.  How many offered any kind of material apology for the situation?  One (and that was today -- six weeks into the whole situation!)

How much do I hate AT&T?  Is infinity a number...?  How much do I hate Apple?  Infinity minus one.

So here I wait for my phone.  Checking the order status like a cracked out lab monkey conditioned to do nothing else.....I am a fool, I am a shell of the man I used to be, I am wanting an iPhone still, but can't even remember why.....

Message 22 of 25 (847 Views)
Teacher

[ Edited ]

And by the way, MM.  I understand your point about discussion boards being a magnet for complainers (if I actually had my phone I wouldn't be wasting my time whining into the web-o-sphere) but here another truth for you:  stories like mine and the other people who get the shaft by big companies like you-know-who get ignored because they aren't the norm.  So why should they give a you-know-what as long as most people are happy...or, more correctly, as long as most people aren't complaining?

Message 23 of 25 (823 Views)
Professor

Yeah, I gotta admit I'd be in a straight jacket by now. That's absolutely ridiculous. I don't know if its "getting the shaft." But I can think of no worldly reason why you should be waiting more than a month for your iPhone. They owe you more than a one rep apology.

Message 24 of 25 (719 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

5bonds, I can't blame you for being upset.  I'd be really mad too if I had to wait a month and then start over. Yeah, it's a phone, but still it's frustrating when you want something and try to buy it and can't and meanwhile others way after you have already got their phones. I ordered mine on opening day and for the next 8 days had no idea if I would get it or when it would ship and I would check my status a couple of times a day. Yeah we all knew we should get it on launch day, but no one was sure.  Lots of people didn't get it on launch day.  There are also people like you that have been waiting weeks and there is no excuse for that.  Whatever they do next time they need to have a more equitable system where it is based on when you ordered. People ordering 2 or 3 days later should not get their phone earlier.  It's all electronic, why is that happening? I wonder if some of it is the order numbers themselves.  They didn't seem to be in order of when it was placed.  Who knows. 

Message 25 of 25 (695 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.