Who ordred and whats the status of your iPhone 3GS order??

Professor

Who ordred and whats the status of your iPhone 3GS order??

[ Edited ]

I know this is a pointless thread lol but I just want to know

16GB iPhone 3GS

Mine is "Prepared for Shipment", supposed to come on June 19

what about urs??

Message Edited by smooth4lyfe on 06-15-2009 03:11:32 AM
Message 1 of 1,044 (11,070 Views)
Teacher

Re: Who ordred and whats the status of your iPhone 3GS order??

kadams17 wrote:

Im just worried because the balance came off my card, any advice?

first off, my advice to you:

secondly, an explination.

most likely, the reason the charge  was removed from your card was because the didn't ship the item yet. They put a hold on your card until the item is shipped. Legally, a company can only keep this hold on your card for 3 buisiness days. Since the iPhone doesn't ship until June 18.. and you ordered June 9...well, I think you can figure out the rest.

Message 211 of 1,044 (1,667 Views)
Teacher

SNAP! Yeah, that makes complete sense. Wish that CSR's would have thought of that.
Message 212 of 1,044 (1,641 Views)
Teacher

Wow what a strange situation.. tomorrow I'm going to be sitting at work HOPING to see an extra $200 charge on my credit card statement... how many times do you ever do that? 

Message 213 of 1,044 (1,608 Views)
Teacher

I know that it's completely useless, and I feel somewhat like an 8 year old on the night before Christmas - but I've been checking my credit card about every ten minutes and the order status every five. Sad I know.
Message 214 of 1,044 (1,593 Views)
Teacher

ronjamin wrote:
I know that it's completely useless, and I feel somewhat like an 8 year old on the night before Christmas - but I've been checking my credit card about every ten minutes and the order status every five. Sad I know.

as I said before... join the club ;-)

I'm pretty sure at least 80% of the users who posted in this thread are doing the same thing

Message 215 of 1,044 (1,584 Views)
Tutor

i am checking it over and over. lol
Message 216 of 1,044 (1,545 Views)
Professor

ronjamin wrote:

LOL I was doing the same thing until I found out my iPhone shipped

Message 217 of 1,044 (1,507 Views)

I bet I'm the biggest dope one on here. I'm not even in the states right now. Thats not stopping me from looking for updates every so often. Even if it's at my house on time the 19th. I wont get it for a few weeks..... But I'm still surffing for something new!!!! In the mean time I found a great review on the new "s"

Click me for greatness

Message 218 of 1,044 (1,497 Views)
Contributor

well from what i have deduced it is this:

If you ordered from ATT wireless online and are having it shipped to a store...... you have a tracking number etc.

If you ordered from ATT wireless online and are having it shipped to your home...... you are in progress with nothing until tomorrow. (today).

This is because the store batch difers from the home delivery batch. 

Message 219 of 1,044 (1,484 Views)
Teacher

:robotmad:

It's now after midnight. My card has not been charged and no status update on shipping. Looks like I will not have a phone on Friday. Why oh why did I not go into the store to order? Darn att.com, I was hoping to get this at home on Friday and get rolling!

Message 220 of 1,044 (1,379 Views)
Tutor

Yeah, it sucks. I placed my order at AT&T's site to upgrade my old phone on 6/12 and its still stuck on "In Progress".  No sign of any charges on my credit card or anywhere.  Hope this thing actually ships out tomorrow so I can have it delivered to my doorstep sometime on Friday.  

Hope everyone here gets their stuff by this weekend.

Message 221 of 1,044 (1,972 Views)
Contributor

My status has changed!

At the https://www.wireless.att.com/order_status site it no longer has check marks in the backordered column. Unfortunatly, that is the only change. It says nothing about shipping, the other link from the original email has not changed and my CC has not been charged.

Message 222 of 1,044 (1,956 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yup I have the same as onecrayon. Anyway, if it comes friday, great!... unfortunately I'll be on vacation.. so monday will be the day I'll finally get to play with it.. heh.

Consequently, the premier order status site is still stuck in "We have received your order request, and we expect to begin processing it shortly." 

Message Edited by alvinswim on 06-18-2009 02:37:22 AM
Message Edited by alvinswim on 06-18-2009 02:37:34 AM
Message 223 of 1,044 (1,915 Views)
Mentor

As another id iot who checks every five minutes to see if something has changed, I'm wondering how much money AT&T has spent on customer service for this launch.    I realize that this will all be over for them within a week, but given the likelihood that they'll have another phone in the future that has a similar high demand, you'd think they'd improve their order status to explain what's actually going on.   
Message 224 of 1,044 (1,880 Views)
Mentor

Maybe this was nothing more than a bunch of baiters having fun.  My "back-Ordered" columns were cleared last night.  Hey, it could ship today after all.

Message 225 of 1,044 (1,872 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.