Who ordred and whats the status of your iPhone 3GS order??

Professor

Who ordred and whats the status of your iPhone 3GS order??

[ Edited ]

I know this is a pointless thread lol but I just want to know

16GB iPhone 3GS

Mine is "Prepared for Shipment", supposed to come on June 19

what about urs??

Message Edited by smooth4lyfe on 06-15-2009 03:11:32 AM
Message 1 of 1,044 (11,185 Views)

Re: Who ordred and whats the status of your iPhone 3GS order??

Ok, so here's what I got from AT&T as a reply to my question. I had ordered online on 6/9/09 6.30 AM PST. I have grayed out name of the rep.

Thank you for taking the time to e-mail AT&T regarding your recent order

attempted online. I also understand that you are showing that you are
still able to upgrade the phone which should have already been upgraded.
My name is XXXXX-XXXXXX, and I am happy to help you with your inquiry.

My records indicate that your order was processed and partially shipped;
this means that only some of the items in the order shipped; the
remaining items ship separately when they become available. The new

iPhone 3G S does not become available until 6/19. 

Message 181 of 1,044 (2,083 Views)
Mentor

Ok...credit where it's due.   A couple days ago I emailed the CEO and office of the president of AT&T, detailing the fact that my order date had jumped from 6/10 to 6/15.  Well, they just called me today.  She assured me that my order was still in fact slated to be processed with the 6/10 orders.

So, I will take her at her word now.  If I hear that other people who ordered on 6/10 are shipping while mine is static, then I'll probably call them again.  But it's good to know that if you go to the top, someone will address you.

Message 182 of 1,044 (1,908 Views)
Teacher

I am a new customer to AT&T within the last 30 days.  Yesterday, I returned my iPhone 3g (8GB) and purchased the 3GS.  It took over an hour to return my original iphone and purchase the 3GS.   When I got home, I had a confirmation email.  The status is showing as "in process".   There is no backorder listed.  I have to go back to the AT&T store tomorrow because now my husband has decided he does want the 3GS also.  Can't wait to get it. 
Message 183 of 1,044 (1,856 Views)
Mentor

[ Edited ]

This is the confirmation I got after ordering via Premier (not my choice).  2-5 days?!

Edit - Ordered at about 8:10 AM on 6/10/2009.

Thank you for your purchase on the AT&T Premier Online Store. We're pleased with your choice of AT&T as your wireless service provider.

We estimate your order will be shipped within 2 - 5 business days pending approval if applicable. We will notify you by email when it is approved and shipped.

Your order may be subject to AT&T eligibility and credit requirements. If we have any questions about your eligibility or your order, we will contact you via email.

You can view the status of your order on AT&T Premier Online Store at any time.

Reference Web Order Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

If you bought backordered items, we'll ship in-stock merchandise first and then complete your order with a separate shipment. Multiple backordered items will ship when all items are in stock.

Message Edited by darkman on 06-17-2009 03:39:29 PM
Message 184 of 1,044 (1,773 Views)
Scholar

Update to mine:

Ordered from Apple on SDay, was shipped Monday, it arrived at my local hub today but a delivery dats of 6/19.  Guess it's going to camp there for 40 some odd hours.

Message 185 of 1,044 (1,709 Views)
Contributor

I ordered mine on the 10th with a number port. I received and went through many of the same issues other people posted. How do I know if they changed my order date?
Message 186 of 1,044 (1,702 Views)
Teacher

Darkman,  My confirmation email is the exact same thing and I as well ordered mine on the 10th.  I hate to say it but it looks like those who ordered via att online might be getting hosed.  It's inexcusable to be left in the dark for one week with zero updates regarding our orders.  I wouldn't be suprised if we recieved our phones next week.  I certainly hope I'm wrong.
Message 187 of 1,044 (1,673 Views)
Teacher

Hi all,

My iphone 3GS has just arrived at Ontario airport in California.

Life is good.

Sean

Message 188 of 1,044 (1,517 Views)
Contributor

I just got off the phone w/ AT&T for the third time today and I was finally given a bit of confirmation about my order.  The rep told me that my order has already been "activated and gone through processing.  It is at our warehouse waiting to be shipped."  But, because it's the new iPhone "it's not going to ship until the 19th."
Message 189 of 1,044 (1,478 Views)
Teacher

Ya know, thats bull! Our orders should be shipped tomorrow, this way they would arrive by friday with the overnight shipping. I just do not get what their problem is. Not to mention, I was forced to order through att b/c I was adding a line to my account. All new lines go to order through apple, and it appears they will be getting their phones on friday.
Message 190 of 1,044 (1,453 Views)
Contributor

Well, I don't know why they wouldn't go ahead and ship if they are already "in the warehouse."  I guess I'm just relieved to hear that my order will be shipped out w/ the first batch and that because they've already processed it, I can't change it.
Message 191 of 1,044 (1,855 Views)
Mentor

But sadly, we got screwed.  I should have orderd the *censored* *censored* phone off the Apple site.  Being screwed into the Premier site is inexcusable. 

What are we going to do, go get an iPhone from some other carrier?  No, wait... there is no other carrier available to us that has the iPhone...  Guess we have to get our fix from the AT&T guy on the corner after all. 

It really would be nice if there was no "locking" of phones.  I think we're headed that way real fast.

On the bright side, when the network self destructs this Friday and nobody can get registered/activated until a few days later... at least we won't have to go through that nightmare.

Message 192 of 1,044 (1,801 Views)
Teacher

I am just beginning to think I should have done the whole wait in line thing. I did it last year. I did not show up at the apple store until 330 in the afternoon. sure I waited 2 hours in line, but the apple folks were extremely nice and assured us all that they had plenty of phones to go around as long as we were willing to wait. I just didnt feel like being bothered with the 2 hour wait, altough they did serve us bottled water, coffee, and dunkin donuts. yeah i think next iphone, if att still has the rights, I will be going to the apple store
Message 193 of 1,044 (1,749 Views)
Teacher

hI ALL,

4:55pm  Destination scan at a local airport.  

Life is good.

Sean

Message 194 of 1,044 (1,706 Views)
Teacher

[ Edited ]

To: Sean1962

Was your order placed through apple or at&t? For home delivery or in store pickup?

Message Edited by Pedicone1211 on 06-17-2009 06:43:01 PM
Message 195 of 1,044 (1,558 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support