Ask a question

Posted Jun 15, 2009
    12:07:55 AM
    View profile
    Who ordred and whats the status of your iPhone 3GS order??

I know this is a pointless thread lol but I just want to know

16GB iPhone 3GS

Mine is "Prepared for Shipment", supposed to come on June 19

what about urs??

Message Edited by smooth4lyfe on 06-15-2009 03:11:32 AM
    1,043 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (1,043)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 18, 2009 4:29:31 PM
    (0)
    Contributor
    Edited by zonker77 on Jun 18, 2009 at 4:34:16 PM

Ok the order_status_results page can't look me up by order number or by my cell # (which is bizarre) but when I look up by my home number it finally tells me that it has shipped and gives me a tracking number.

This is great news!  But why the *&%#$* didn't the other order status page refer me here?  Geez

Message Edited by zonker77 on 06-18-2009 04:34:16 PM

Re: Who ordred and whats the status of your iPhone 3GS order??

[ Edited ]
    451 of 1,044 (1,399 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 18, 2009 4:31:23 PM
    (0)
    Mentor
    At least they didn't port your verizon number over before you got the new phone, rendering you without any cell phone service...like they did with me lol.

452 of 1,044 (1,378 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 18, 2009 4:37:23 PM
    (0)
    Explorer
    Same as the last two guys. I am a new customer, porting my number in. I ordered through Premier, a black 32gb on the morning of the 10th. Still no updates. The non-premier tracking still lists it as backordered, as it has for several days. The thing that worries me is that on the premier order status it lists my order date as "June 10th", but on the non-premier order status it says "June 16th". Not sure what is up with the discrepancy there, but I'm gonna be really bummed if I have to wait for the second batch. I'm kicking myself now, cause I had initially ordered from Apple on the 8th, but canceled that order when I saw it was available from Premier with free overnight shipping =\

453 of 1,044 (1,313 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 18, 2009 4:38:21 PM
    (0)
    Teacher
    Edited by Sashwen on Jun 18, 2009 at 4:43:45 PM

You have to use your phone number to get the report off that link, not your 'order number'

I also ordered on the 10th, I ordered through premier the moment it started showing the 3gs as an option around 3pm eastern time. I ordered two 32 GB phones, one black and one white (for ease of telling them apart).

My status on the non premier link changed from "backordered" to "ordered' this morning after days of no change. But has not changed to "shipped," but my CC was charged last night around 10pm.

Also, I see a lot of people talking about the "overnight shipping" option. When I made my order I saw that option but it said beside it that "the shipping method chosen will NOT be used for iphone, only for other things ordered at the same time." And somewhere else it said iphone would be shipped 17th to arrive "no sooner than" the 19th.

For me, I would just like to know when they are actually coming so that I can plan to have someone at the house. I would appreciate the status updating for my planning purposes, but honestly if they do come on Monday, I'm ok with that. They are just phones. (although I had planned to suprise my husband with one for father's day so I was hoping it would arrive before Monday- no biggy, I'll give him a picture of it in a package instead)

Message Edited by Sashwen on 06-18-2009 04:43:45 PM

[ Edited ]
    454 of 1,044 (1,300 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 18, 2009 4:39:45 PM
    (0)
    Tutor

Doppler,

Your use of jargon, coupled with your defense of AT&T makes me wonder if you are an employee or consultant working with them. The fact is, AT&T blew it. They are justifying their lack of communications by hiding behind phrases like "pre-order" and "processing stages." If AT&T knew they didn't have control over this process, why did they choose to create the perception they did in the first place?

I think the phrase is "eat your cake and have it to".

If AT&T had been customer-centric, they would have known that customers tend to believe companies that say if you order by X, you'll have product by Y. 

So do you work for ATTM?

455 of 1,044 (1,285 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 18, 2009 4:42:38 PM
    (0)
    Teacher

As I reported before, my item has been shipped and I've got a (UPS) tracking number.

Looking at the order status page (https://www.wireless.att.com/order_status), there is only one item being shown: Varios SIM.  Since I already figured that AT&T's inventory system prolly doesn't handle pre-orderes very well... I guessed that that was why the phone wasn't showing up.

Now looking at the UPS tracking info... 2 things stuck out at me.

1- 2nd day delivery, with scheduled delviery in 06/22 (Monday)

2- Weight: 1.00 Lb

I'm trying not to worry about this ... since I've had UPS deliver packages early in the past. So hopfully this will be one of those cases.

But just 1lbs? that seems a bit on the light side to me....

What are the other folks with a UPS tracking number showing for weight??

456 of 1,044 (1,250 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 18, 2009 4:42:52 PM
    (0)
    Tutor
    I ordered my a ATT Wireless page on June 9th, I checked my order status today and it shows that it ship via Fedex today, but no tracking number.

457 of 1,044 (1,245 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 18, 2009 4:46:26 PM
    (0)
    Tutor

dreamcastdc wrote:
    I ordered my a ATT Wireless page on June 9th, I checked my order status today and it shows that it ship via Fedex today, but no tracking number.

Call 1-866-391-0749. 
    and follow the prompts

458 of 1,044 (1,209 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 18, 2009 4:47:38 PM
    (0)
    Professor

morficus wrote:

As I reported before, my item has been shipped and I've got a (UPS) tracking number.

Looking at the order status page (https://www.wireless.att.com/order_status), there is only one item being shown: Varios SIM.  Since I already figured that AT&T's inventory system prolly doesn't handle pre-orderes very well... I guessed that that was why the phone wasn't showing up.

Now looking at the UPS tracking info... 2 things stuck out at me.

1- 2nd day delivery, with scheduled delviery in 06/22 (Monday)

2- Weight: 1.00 Lb

I'm trying not to worry about this ... since I've had UPS deliver packages early in the past. So hopfully this will be one of those cases.

But just 1lbs? that seems a bit on the light side to me....

What are the other folks with a UPS tracking number showing for weight??

Mine says .50kg....which I converted and is 1lbs

459 of 1,044 (1,197 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 18, 2009 4:50:11 PM
    (0)
    Voyager
    I placed an pre-order via AT&T online on 6/10/09. Like everyone else I was frustrated about the progress of my order in not knowing if I would recieve by the 19th. I kept reading conflicting reports saying that you would either get the phone by the 19th or it will be shipped on the 19th if ordered before June 13th. Well I'm happy to inform that I received a FedEX tracking # via an email from AT&T that confirms overnight shipment and delivery on June 19th. What seemed to be a fairy tale dream to get the phone on Friday is now a reality. Seems like AT&T is coming through as promised! Woohoo!

460 of 1,044 (1,160 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 18, 2009 4:51:01 PM
    (0)
    Professor

Call up Apple  yourself.  They will tell you that's how THEY went with Shipping.  Until ATTM has it in their hands they can't do lick about it.

Some common sense for you:

I have something that YOU sold to someone else on PRE-ORDER.  Now do you have control of when it arrives to you? 

No I do not work for ATTM.  I just use the evidence I have gathered from Apple which are in control of ALL shipping.

I called Apple when i received this during my tracking:

LOUISVILLE,
    KY,  US 06/16/2009 1:40 A.M. THE PACKAGE IS BEING HELD FOR FUTURE DELIVERY. UPS WILL ATTEMPT DELIVERY ON THE DATE REQUESTED

Apple put all their shipments on hold because they were ahead of schedule.  Apple doesn't want the 3GS out UNTIL 19th PERIOD.  Even though your order says second day or whatever.  When you ship in MASS QUANTITIES you won't ship each item individually.  They are not going to unpack and scan each item individually.  Sorry that'll be too much man power and time to do so to meet 5 day deadline across 50 states.

461 of 1,044 (1,278 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 18, 2009 4:58:43 PM
    (0)
    Tutor

I ordered my 32 GB iPhone 3G S online on June 9th.  The status did not change from In Progess to Shipped until today (6/18/2009).  However, like most of you wrote, it does not indicate any tracking info (Carrier: FDE) .  I called AT&T and said that they could not pull out any more info that what I see online.  One user on this forum suggested calling 1-866-391-0749 to obtain my tracking info.  I called this number and I was able to get my tracking info just by following the prompts!  It says my iPhone has been picked up (in Memphis) for delivery by 3 PM on June 19th.  I hope this info helps.

462 of 1,044 (1,215 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 18, 2009 5:01:25 PM
    (0)
    Tutor

Tanya!!!!

I'd like to thank you. After refreshing the status order screen continuously and not getting any new info, I called the 866 number. I got my tracking number with delivery for tomorrow!

For those of you not following my saga:

16MB Black 3G S ordered on 6/10 in the morning.

Up until this afternoon no status updates -- "In Process"

Around 4PM  "In Process" with a shipping date of today.

Around 5:30 "Shipped" but no tracking number.

Called AT&T and they were as useful as they always are.

Kept checking order status online. NO CHANGE.

Read Tanya123's message and called: 1-866-391-0749

Got my tracking number and it worked on FedEx.

AT&T -- All Talk & Terrible

I'm pretty psyched. As I've said over and over, I could have waited a few days. My issue is the HORRENDOUS communication flow of AT&T. I'm shocked they haven't launched an airline yet considering the way they deal with people.

Woo Hoo!

463 of 1,044 (1,187 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 18, 2009 5:05:52 PM
    (0)
    Tutor
    Edited by dreamcastdc on Jun 18, 2009 at 5:08:55 PM
    Thanks Tanya1273, called the 866 number and got my tracking number.
    Message Edited by dreamcastdc on 06-18-2009 05:08:55 PM

[ Edited ]
    464 of 1,044 (1,157 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 18, 2009 5:06:11 PM
    (0)
    Professor

jasonbaum wrote:

Tanya!!!!

I'd like to thank you. After refreshing the status order screen continuously and not getting any new info, I called the 866 number. I got my tracking number with delivery for tomorrow!

For those of you not following my saga:

16MB Black 3G S ordered on 6/10 in the morning.

Up until this afternoon no status updates -- "In Process"

Around 4PM  "In Process" with a shipping date of today.

Around 5:30 "Shipped" but no tracking number.

Called AT&T and they were as useful as they always are.

Kept checking order status online. NO CHANGE.

Read Tanya123's message and called: 1-866-391-0749

Got my tracking number and it worked on FedEx.

AT&T -- All Talk & Terrible

I'm pretty psyched. As I've said over and over, I could have waited a few days. My issue is the HORRENDOUS communication flow of AT&T. I'm shocked they haven't launched an airline yet considering the way they deal with people.

Woo Hoo!

....  If you listened to me.  They are all in large containers shipped by state and they are not going to scan EVERY package within that container.  Everywhere will get it by the 19th including Hawaii(where I live, and we don't have second day air, or over-night)...

465 of 1,044 (1,153 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 18, 2009 5:11:55 PM
    (0)
    Tutor

Doppler:

1. I didn't ORDER my phone from Apple. I ordered from AT&T.  When I ordered my phone I ordered it on the AT&T website. Why in the world should I have to go to Apple to find out what the status of my order is? Do you realize how much that sounds like a typical corporate response??

2. Your continuing defense of AT&T's pathetic launch of the 3G and the fact that you didn't respond to my question "do you work for AT&T or consult for them?" leads me to believe you are an employee.The reality is Apple is already working on a CDMA iPhone that they'll sell with Verizon by 2011 or '12 at the latest. You want to see "common sense". Watch how many of us migrate away from All Talk & Terrible as soon as we can.

3. Basking Ridge is a dump.

Best,

JB

466 of 1,044 (1,095 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 18, 2009 5:12:04 PM
    (0)
    Mentor
    Anyone who ordered on the 15th received an update yet beyond "Backordered"?   I had to order over the phone because the premier website wasn't updated with the 3gs.   All I get is backordered.  I've had four different things told to me when I call. 

467 of 1,044 (1,094 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 18, 2009 5:12:22 PM
    (0)
    Voyager
    Edited by clingpeach on Jun 18, 2009 at 5:31:29 PM

I have a fedex tracking number thanks to calling the number that some posters have posted.  I can not get tracking information though.  So my question is does anyone know if this is Fedex overnight or 2 day.  What is the standard practice

Thanks for any help

Message Edited by clingpeach on 06-18-2009 05:31:29 PM

[ Edited ]
    468 of 1,044 (1,091 Views)
    Highlighted
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 18, 2009 5:15:50 PM
    (0)
    Professor
    Edited by Doppler808 on Jun 18, 2009 at 5:17:39 PM
    You just don't get it.  /shrug just because you ORDERED it from ATTM doesn't mean ATTM ships them when pre-ordered.....
    edit:  Especially when ATTM won't have the phones themselves till the 19th... 

jasonbaum wrote:

Doppler:

1. I didn't ORDER my phone from Apple. I ordered from AT&T.  When I ordered my phone I ordered it on the AT&T website. Why in the world should I have to go to Apple to find out what the status of my order is? Do you realize how much that sounds like a typical corporate response??

2. Your continuing defense of AT&T's pathetic launch of the 3G and the fact that you didn't respond to my question "do you work for AT&T or consult for them?" leads me to believe you are an employee.The reality is Apple is already working on a CDMA iPhone that they'll sell with Verizon by 2011 or '12 at the latest. You want to see "common sense". Watch how many of us migrate away from All Talk & Terrible as soon as we can.

3. Basking Ridge is a dump.

Best,

JB

Message Edited by Doppler808 on 06-18-2009 02:17:39 PM

[ Edited ]
    469 of 1,044 (1,065 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 18, 2009 5:17:15 PM
    (0)
    Teacher

Doppler808 wrote:
    ....  If you listened to me.  They are all in large containers shipped by state and they are not going to scan EVERY package within that container.  Everywhere will get it by the 19th including Hawaii(where I live, and we don't have second day air, or over-night)...

No doppler...you're just wrong...

they don't have to scan each individual package...since shipping companies keep track of what package is in what "larger container". This one-to-many association allows them to scan ONE BIG CONTAINER and update MANY INDIVIDUAL PACKGE INFORMATION

sorry if that came out rude...

470 of 1,044 (1,041 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 18, 2009 5:17:59 PM
    (0)
    Mentor
    People have been spouting cdma iphone rumors since 2006. Keep telling yourself its going to happen. The engadget rumors you see monthly about verizon talking with apple are the only thing everyone bases their bs verizon iphone rumors off of. I'm not an ATT fanboy, I enjoyed great verizon service for years but their phone selection just plain sucks. I decided I wasn't going to hold out on some unconfirmed rumors.

471 of 1,044 (1,847 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 18, 2009 5:18:50 PM
    (0)
    Mentor
    No tracking # provided on att order status page but it shows shipped. just called 800 number automated and got my fed ex tracking number. Checked on fed ex and it says standard overnight delivery tomorrow by 3pm!! WOO HOO!! I ordered online att on the 12th @ about noon EST. Good luck all!

472 of 1,044 (1,841 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 18, 2009 5:20:31 PM
    (0)
    Teacher
    Edited by Pedicone1211 on Jun 18, 2009 at 5:21:36 PM

doubledowntowin wrote:
    No tracking # provided on att order status page but it shows shipped. just called 800 number automated and got my fed ex tracking number. Checked on fed ex and it says standard overnight delivery tomorrow by 3pm!! WOO HOO!! I ordered online att on the 12th @ about noon EST. Good luck all!

Seems like more and more people are getting the good news! Hope my fedex tracking number starts working soon! I ordered on the 10th. 
    Message Edited by Pedicone1211 on 06-18-2009 05:20:56 PM
    Message Edited by Pedicone1211 on 06-18-2009 05:21:36 PM

[ Edited ]
    473 of 1,044 (1,830 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 18, 2009 5:21:10 PM
    (0)
    Professor

morficus wrote:

Doppler808 wrote:

No doppler...you're just wrong...

they don't have to scan each individual package...since shipping companies keep track of what package is in what "larger container". This one-to-many association allows them to scan ONE BIG CONTAINER and update MANY INDIVIDUAL PACKGE INFORMATION

sorry if that came out rude...

All good, but if you look at all the fedex/ups shipments depending on location will have different scans.  That's the point I am getting at.  When things are shipped in large quantities the pricing is cheaper, hence when they say upgraded shipping you are getting just that because of the size of the shipment.  I was wondering how good his deductive reasoning is, or how impatient he is.

474 of 1,044 (1,824 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 18, 2009 5:26:40 PM
    (0)
    Mentor

Pedicone1211 wrote:

doubledowntowin wrote:

Seems like more and more people are getting the good news! Hope my fedex tracking number starts working soon! I ordered on the 10th. 
    Message Edited by Pedicone1211 on 06-18-2009 05:20:56 PM
    Message Edited by Pedicone1211 on 06-18-2009 05:21:36 PM

I hear you.  I got my email confirmation with tracking number around 2:45 today, but the tracking number still isn't being recognized in FedEx's system.  Hmmpf.  Hope that just means the info hasn't migrated to their computer yet, and not that the package is still sitting in AT&T's warehouse until tomorrow.  

475 of 1,044 (1,768 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 18, 2009 5:29:01 PM
    (0)
    Teacher
    Edited by YanksRule on Jun 18, 2009 at 5:29:48 PM

Pedicone1211 wrote:

doubledowntowin wrote:

Sigh.. I ordered about 12 hours after you and it still says processing for me on the website and on the phone number.  I don't care if I get it tomorrow, but I at LEAST want an update... a tracking number.. something 

Message Edited by YanksRule on 06-18-2009 08:29:48 PM

[ Edited ]
    476 of 1,044 (1,745 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 18, 2009 5:45:26 PM
    (0)
    Tutor

"... If you listened to me."

Classic Doppler...just classic. Classic carrier mentality. "Let us take of everything and don't worry about it. You'll get it when you get it and you'll like it!" "You can have your choice of colors, as long as it is black."

Doppler, it is obvious you work for AT&T in some capacity. Instead of defending an obviously flawed system unconditionally, why not admit there is room for improvement? In all your postings you never acknowledge that AT&T has any culpability for the challenges being shared on this board. And it is safe to say that there are probably a thousand people feeling the same frustration for every one who has vented on this board. And yet, all you do is defend ATTM and point a finger at Apple.

You may buy the corporate line but there are a heckuva lot of people out here who don't. The first step to solving a problem is admitting one exists Doppler. Do it. And get Sam to as well. 

477 of 1,044 (1,590 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 18, 2009 5:49:25 PM
    (0)
    Teacher

Tanya1273 wrote:

dreamcastdc wrote:

Call 1-866-391-0749. 
    and follow the prompts

Has anyone called this number and received a message saying order can not be found ???

478 of 1,044 (1,552 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 18, 2009 5:55:05 PM
    (0)
    Tutor
    I just got off the phone with an AT&T rep after calling the 866.391.0749.  She said that there were some orders that were filled and shipped today, but mine was not one of them. Mine would/should ship out tomorrow and because saturday "isn't a business day", I won't get it until monday.  That really sucks because I ordered mine at 2:00am June 9th est, only a hour or two after pre-orders availability was open to us @ att.com.  Smiley Sad

479 of 1,044 (1,508 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 18, 2009 5:58:28 PM
    (0)
    Tutor
    Edited by emcpee on Jun 18, 2009 at 6:02:07 PM

man, what a day.  my 6/12 order from att's site for home delivery finally shipped.  I checked the order status page and it said shipped but no tracking number so i called the 866 number and got it there.  looked it up online @ fedex site and it said Overnight delivery estimated for 6/19 by 3pm.  Fedex has been a big headache for me in the past so i'm just hoping they get it right this time.

my att contract ended a while ago and i placed this phone upgrade order through my online account at att.com if that makes any difference

good luck to everyone posting in here Smiley Happy 

Message Edited by emcpee on 06-18-2009 06:01:11 PM
    Message Edited by emcpee on 06-18-2009 06:02:07 PM

[ Edited ]
    480 of 1,044 (1,486 Views)