Who ordred and whats the status of your iPhone 3GS order??

Professor

Who ordred and whats the status of your iPhone 3GS order??

[ Edited ]

I know this is a pointless thread lol but I just want to know

16GB iPhone 3GS

Mine is "Prepared for Shipment", supposed to come on June 19

what about urs??

Message Edited by smooth4lyfe on 06-15-2009 03:11:32 AM
Message 1 of 1,044 (11,064 Views)
Tutor

Re: Who ordred and whats the status of your iPhone 3GS order??

Doppler:

1. I didn't ORDER my phone from Apple. I ordered from AT&T.  When I ordered my phone I ordered it on the AT&T website. Why in the world should I have to go to Apple to find out what the status of my order is? Do you realize how much that sounds like a typical corporate response??

2. Your continuing defense of AT&T's pathetic launch of the 3G and the fact that you didn't respond to my question "do you work for AT&T or consult for them?" leads me to believe you are an employee.The reality is Apple is already working on a CDMA iPhone that they'll sell with Verizon by 2011 or '12 at the latest. You want to see "common sense". Watch how many of us migrate away from All Talk & Terrible as soon as we can.

3. Basking Ridge is a dump.

Best,

JB

Message 466 of 1,044 (1,193 Views)
Highlighted
Mentor

Anyone who ordered on the 15th received an update yet beyond "Backordered"?   I had to order over the phone because the premier website wasn't updated with the 3gs.   All I get is backordered.  I've had four different things told to me when I call. 
Message 467 of 1,044 (1,192 Views)
Mentor

[ Edited ]

I have a fedex tracking number thanks to calling the number that some posters have posted.  I can not get tracking information though.  So my question is does anyone know if this is Fedex overnight or 2 day.  What is the standard practice

Thanks for any help

Message Edited by clingpeach on 06-18-2009 05:31:29 PM
Message 468 of 1,044 (1,189 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]
You just don't get it.  /shrug just because you ORDERED it from ATTM doesn't mean ATTM ships them when pre-ordered.....
edit:  Especially when ATTM won't have the phones themselves till the 19th... 

jasonbaum wrote:

Doppler:

1. I didn't ORDER my phone from Apple. I ordered from AT&T.  When I ordered my phone I ordered it on the AT&T website. Why in the world should I have to go to Apple to find out what the status of my order is? Do you realize how much that sounds like a typical corporate response??

2. Your continuing defense of AT&T's pathetic launch of the 3G and the fact that you didn't respond to my question "do you work for AT&T or consult for them?" leads me to believe you are an employee.The reality is Apple is already working on a CDMA iPhone that they'll sell with Verizon by 2011 or '12 at the latest. You want to see "common sense". Watch how many of us migrate away from All Talk & Terrible as soon as we can.

3. Basking Ridge is a dump.

Best,

JB

Message Edited by Doppler808 on 06-18-2009 02:17:39 PM
Message 469 of 1,044 (1,163 Views)
Teacher

Doppler808 wrote:
....  If you listened to me.  They are all in large containers shipped by state and they are not going to scan EVERY package within that container.  Everywhere will get it by the 19th including Hawaii(where I live, and we don't have second day air, or over-night)...

No doppler...you're just wrong...

they don't have to scan each individual package...since shipping companies keep track of what package is in what "larger container". This one-to-many association allows them to scan ONE BIG CONTAINER and update MANY INDIVIDUAL PACKGE INFORMATION

sorry if that came out rude...

Message 470 of 1,044 (1,139 Views)
Mentor

People have been spouting cdma iphone rumors since 2006. Keep telling yourself its going to happen. The engadget rumors you see monthly about verizon talking with apple are the only thing everyone bases their bs verizon iphone rumors off of. I'm not an ATT fanboy, I enjoyed great verizon service for years but their phone selection just plain sucks. I decided I wasn't going to hold out on some unconfirmed rumors.
Message 471 of 1,044 (1,945 Views)

No tracking # provided on att order status page but it shows shipped. just called 800 number automated and got my fed ex tracking number. Checked on fed ex and it says standard overnight delivery tomorrow by 3pm!! WOO HOO!! I ordered online att on the 12th @ about noon EST. Good luck all!
Message 472 of 1,044 (1,939 Views)
Teacher

[ Edited ]

doubledowntowin wrote:
No tracking # provided on att order status page but it shows shipped. just called 800 number automated and got my fed ex tracking number. Checked on fed ex and it says standard overnight delivery tomorrow by 3pm!! WOO HOO!! I ordered online att on the 12th @ about noon EST. Good luck all!

Seems like more and more people are getting the good news! Hope my fedex tracking number starts working soon! I ordered on the 10th. 
Message Edited by Pedicone1211 on 06-18-2009 05:20:56 PM
Message Edited by Pedicone1211 on 06-18-2009 05:21:36 PM
Message 473 of 1,044 (1,928 Views)
Professor

morficus wrote:

Doppler808 wrote:
....  If you listened to me.  They are all in large containers shipped by state and they are not going to scan EVERY package within that container.  Everywhere will get it by the 19th including Hawaii(where I live, and we don't have second day air, or over-night)...

No doppler...you're just wrong...

they don't have to scan each individual package...since shipping companies keep track of what package is in what "larger container". This one-to-many association allows them to scan ONE BIG CONTAINER and update MANY INDIVIDUAL PACKGE INFORMATION

sorry if that came out rude...

All good, but if you look at all the fedex/ups shipments depending on location will have different scans.  That's the point I am getting at.  When things are shipped in large quantities the pricing is cheaper, hence when they say upgraded shipping you are getting just that because of the size of the shipment.  I was wondering how good his deductive reasoning is, or how impatient he is.

Message 474 of 1,044 (1,922 Views)
Mentor

Pedicone1211 wrote:

doubledowntowin wrote:

Seems like more and more people are getting the good news! Hope my fedex tracking number starts working soon! I ordered on the 10th. 
Message Edited by Pedicone1211 on 06-18-2009 05:20:56 PM
Message Edited by Pedicone1211 on 06-18-2009 05:21:36 PM

I hear you.  I got my email confirmation with tracking number around 2:45 today, but the tracking number still isn't being recognized in FedEx's system.  Hmmpf.  Hope that just means the info hasn't migrated to their computer yet, and not that the package is still sitting in AT&T's warehouse until tomorrow.  

Message 475 of 1,044 (1,866 Views)
Teacher

[ Edited ]

Pedicone1211 wrote:

doubledowntowin wrote:

Sigh.. I ordered about 12 hours after you and it still says processing for me on the website and on the phone number.  I don't care if I get it tomorrow, but I at LEAST want an update... a tracking number.. something 

Message Edited by YanksRule on 06-18-2009 08:29:48 PM
Message 476 of 1,044 (1,843 Views)
Tutor

"... If you listened to me."

Classic Doppler...just classic. Classic carrier mentality. "Let us take of everything and don't worry about it. You'll get it when you get it and you'll like it!" "You can have your choice of colors, as long as it is black."

Doppler, it is obvious you work for AT&T in some capacity. Instead of defending an obviously flawed system unconditionally, why not admit there is room for improvement? In all your postings you never acknowledge that AT&T has any culpability for the challenges being shared on this board. And it is safe to say that there are probably a thousand people feeling the same frustration for every one who has vented on this board. And yet, all you do is defend ATTM and point a finger at Apple.

You may buy the corporate line but there are a heckuva lot of people out here who don't. The first step to solving a problem is admitting one exists Doppler. Do it. And get Sam to as well. 

Message 477 of 1,044 (1,688 Views)
Teacher

Tanya1273 wrote:

dreamcastdc wrote:
I ordered my a ATT Wireless page on June 9th, I checked my order status today and it shows that it ship via Fedex today, but no tracking number.

Call 1-866-391-0749. 
and follow the prompts

Has anyone called this number and received a message saying order can not be found ???

Message 478 of 1,044 (1,650 Views)
Tutor

I just got off the phone with an AT&T rep after calling the 866.391.0749.  She said that there were some orders that were filled and shipped today, but mine was not one of them. Mine would/should ship out tomorrow and because saturday "isn't a business day", I won't get it until monday.  That really sucks because I ordered mine at 2:00am June 9th est, only a hour or two after pre-orders availability was open to us @ att.com.  Smiley Sad
Message 479 of 1,044 (1,606 Views)
Tutor

[ Edited ]

man, what a day.  my 6/12 order from att's site for home delivery finally shipped.  I checked the order status page and it said shipped but no tracking number so i called the 866 number and got it there.  looked it up online @ fedex site and it said Overnight delivery estimated for 6/19 by 3pm.  Fedex has been a big headache for me in the past so i'm just hoping they get it right this time.

my att contract ended a while ago and i placed this phone upgrade order through my online account at att.com if that makes any difference

good luck to everyone posting in here Smiley Happy 

Message Edited by emcpee on 06-18-2009 06:01:11 PM
Message Edited by emcpee on 06-18-2009 06:02:07 PM
Message 480 of 1,044 (1,584 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.