Posted Jun 15, 2009
12:07:55 AM
View profile
Who ordred and whats the status of your iPhone 3GS order??

I know this is a pointless thread lol but I just want to know

16GB iPhone 3GS

Mine is "Prepared for Shipment", supposed to come on June 19

what about urs??

Message Edited by smooth4lyfe on 06-15-2009 03:11:32 AM
1,043 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(1,043)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 12:57:03 PM
(0)
Tutor

ronjamin wrote:

I ordered mine early on the 12th..... the order confirmation number is telling me that it will ship by the end of the next business day, so I'm pretty sure that means it will ship on Friday and I will get it on Monday. Just my luck.

Ron

When I call the order confirmation # it tells me the same thing but the order status website says that it is shipping today with fedex.

Re: Who ordred and whats the status of your iPhone 3GS order??

361 of 1,044 (2,076 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 12:58:41 PM
(0)
Teacher
Ordered mine on the 10th and it still says processing.  :smileysad:

362 of 1,044 (2,061 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 1:03:22 PM
(0)
Tutor
I spoke with someone who said mine is supposed to ship today with FEDEX and be here tomorrow but still no email or tracking information.  UGH. hate this crap. As someone else said, why can't AT&T just do what they say they're going to do? :smileysad:

363 of 1,044 (1,978 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 1:04:17 PM
(0)
Explorer

mthrndr I have had the same problem as you, twice. I ordered on the attwireless website on the 10th. My purchase was flagged by my Visa card as a possible fraudulent charge on the 15th. I called and was asked for a different card which I gave. The system says the order was cancelled and reprocessed with the same number. I was assured by a CSR that the order date of 6/10 was still valid. I have 3 other phones on the order. My new credit card had a pending charge which was then removed. As of this morning my Order Status Results have 3 orders listed with the same number, 2 are listed as cancelled :smileysad: When I called today, the first CSR I spoke with told me *I* cancelled the order and that I would not receive any of the phones on my order for 7-10 business days once she reprocessed the order. I was LIVID. I told her not to touch my order and I would call back. The next CSR I spoke with assured me there was an order being processed and ready to ship.When I checked my credit card, there are now 2 pending charges for the order amount. One from the 15th and one from the 17th. Truly some of them need to get their stories straight and consider different employment options. I am in need of one of the other phones on my order. I wish I would have known the problems involved, as I would have possibly placed 2 separate orders.

Trying to not check the status all the time. Glad some people are getting answers though.

Re: Who ordered and what the status of your iPhone 3GS order??

364 of 1,044 (1,968 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 1:04:32 PM
(0)
Mentor

krakrjaks: Ordered mine on the 10th and it still says processing.
Do you have anything in the 'back-ordered' column?   Go here  for an example.

365 of 1,044 (1,965 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 1:10:55 PM
(0)
Teacher

I'm right on the border so I have no idea what is going to happen..  I know they said anyone who ordered the phone before the 13th will get it in the first shipment, anyone after the 13th will have to wait a week.  I ordered mines on the 13th at 2am Eastern, which means it was still the 12th Pacific time.. and who knows at what point during the 13th they sold out... it's gotta be after 2am...

Currently it still just says processing for me with nothing in the backordered column. 

366 of 1,044 (1,876 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 1:13:07 PM
(0)
Scholar

elzar760 wrote:

Okay I preordered via att website on 6-9. THe order status page has showed:

32 gig black iphone

something called various sim

and freight.

UP until about 1pm today it showed those as inprogress. After around 1pm, it shows only 1 item instead of the 3, it is just showing the various sim, with a ship date of today. Should i be worried?

Nope, sounds like you are in the money!

367 of 1,044 (1,852 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 1:15:14 PM
(0)
Teacher
By the way.. I wonder if model and color has got anything to do with it?  If I had to take a total guess, the most popular one is the 16gb Black one and least popular is the 32gb White...I wonder if that would mean the people who ordered the 32gb White a day after someone ordered the 16 GB Black could possibly get theirs before the black one arrives?

368 of 1,044 (1,820 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 1:15:54 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by jasonbaum on Jun 18, 2009 at 1:52:00 PM

I ordered my on the 10th. I've consistently had "in progress" on my order status results. Every other field blank.

UNTIL TEN MINUTES AGO!

Now the order results say "in progress" but the ship date is filled in 06/18/09. The carrier is "FDE" which I assume is AT&T jargon for FedEx. The tracking number field is still blank. Is it coming tomorrow? Is it on a slow boat from China? I don't know. And I doubt any of the Customer Service Representatives at AT&T know. I am deducing this because in the five times I've called them in the last four days begging for an update, I've gotten six different explanations why AT&T is incapable of something as basic as telling people when to expect product.

Okay, I promised myself I wouldn't turn this into a rant.  I promised myself I wouldn't say that AT&T isn't customer-centric. I made a pledge I wouldn't say how frustrating it is that something exciting as a roll-out like this has to be tempered by an old-school business that just doesn't "get it". I made an oath not to even mention the abusrdly stupid user-interface that launches TWO new browser windows in the course of checking order status. 

So I won't. Instead I'll say, I don't know when I'm getting my phone but with the change of status that just took place I'm somewhat confident I'll receive my new iPhone 3G S sometime before Sarah Palin leaves Todd to move in with David Letterman.

Message Edited by jasonbaum on 06-18-2009 01:52:00 PM

[ Edited ]
369 of 1,044 (1,807 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 1:20:58 PM
(0)
Scholar

YanksRule wrote:
Thought you would all be interested... What Your iPhone 3GS Looks Like At The AT&T Distribution Center

Hey! I think I saw my baby go down the belt on its way to shipping! I am such the proud papa!

370 of 1,044 (1,730 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 1:27:04 PM
(0)
Mentor

jasonbaum wrote:

I ordered my on the 10th. I've consistently had "in progress" on my order status results. Every other field blank.

UNTIL TEN MINUTES AGO!

Now the order results say "in progress" but the ship date is filled in 06/18/09. The carrier is "FDE" which I assume is AT&T jargon for FedEx. The tracking number field is still blank. Is it coming tomorrow? Is it on a slow boat from China? I don't know. And I doubt any of the Customer Service Representatives at AT&T know. I am deducing this because in the five times I've called them in the last four days begging for an update, I've gotten six different explanations why AT&T is incapable of something as basic as telling people when to expect product.

Okay, I promised myself I wouldn't turn this into a rant.  I promised myself I wouldn't say that AT&T isn't customer-centric. I made a pledge I wouldn't say how frustrating it is that something exciting as a roll-out like this has to be tempered by an old-school business that just doesn't "get it". I made an oath not to even mention the abusrdly stupid user-interface that launches TWO new browser windows in the course of checking order status. 

So I won't. Instead I'll say, I don't know when I'm getting my phone but with the change of status that just took place I'm somewhat confident I'll receive my new iPhone 3G S sometime before Sarah Palin leaves Todd to move in with David Letterman.

Hah.  The same thing happened on my order status, and then I got an email about an hour later from AT&T confirming shipment and providing tracking info.  

To others that have FedEx tracking...are you still getting the "No information for the following shipments/FedEx Office orders has been received by our system yet..."?  I called FedEx and the rep couldn't find anything about the tracking number, not even my info or anything.  I guess it's just because it's a new shipment? 

371 of 1,044 (1,457 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 1:27:24 PM
(0)
Tutor

I've been obsessively checking the order status page all day, and I finally just saw "SHIPPED" on there! Woohoo! Haven't received my tracking # yet though, but I was told it would be overnight shipping. I won't get my hopes up though.

372 of 1,044 (1,453 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 1:28:16 PM
(0)
Teacher

Wow, and you wonder why so many people hate At&t.

I ordered on the 9th and got the shipping email on the 13th saying it would be shipped on the 15th.  Under "description" all it says is freight, "status" says shipped,  "ship date" 06/15/09, "qty ordered" and "qty shipped" both show one. Nothing under back-order, carrier is FedEx but no tracking number.  Its been 5 days since i've had that email and still no tracking number, what gives?

373 of 1,044 (1,442 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 1:28:32 PM
(0)
Scholar

smooth4lyfe wrote:

I dont think the UPS tracking site updates frequently, becuz apperently mine has been in Hong Kong for a while now

Does the UPS tracking site update frequently? 

I've used UPS in the past and usually it would update daily.

374 of 1,044 (1,439 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 1:29:15 PM
(0)
Contributor

http://fedex.com/us/services/options/saturday.html

looks liek fedex 2 day and over night gets saturday delivery included in it. so you shouldn't have to wait til monday

375 of 1,044 (1,424 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 1:29:26 PM
(0)
Scholar

skaps21 wrote:

Hah.  The same thing happened on my order status, and then I got an email about an hour later from AT&T confirming shipment and providing tracking info.  

To others that have FedEx tracking...are you still getting the "No information for the following shipments/FedEx Office orders has been received by our system yet..."?  I called FedEx and the rep couldn't find anything about the tracking number, not even my info or anything.  I guess it's just because it's a new shipment? 

Nope - mine shows tracking info and delivery date.

No info.just means Fedex has not scanned it into their system yet (they have not picked up up from AT&T yet).

376 of 1,044 (1,418 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 1:31:03 PM
(0)
Scholar

NiGHTS wrote:

Wow, and you wonder why so many people hate At&t.

I ordered on the 9th and got the shipping email on the 13th saying it would be shipped on the 15th.  Under "description" all it says is freight, "status" says shipped,  "ship date" 06/15/09, "qty ordered" and "qty shipped" both show one. Nothing under back-order, carrier is FedEx but no tracking number.  Its been 5 days since i've had that email and still no tracking number, what gives?

Is it a store pickup?

377 of 1,044 (1,378 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 1:32:32 PM
(0)
Teacher
Home delievery, I didn't even see the store pick up option, trust me I would have done so.

378 of 1,044 (1,347 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 1:34:56 PM
(0)
Scholar

NiGHTS wrote:
Home delievery, I didn't even see the store pick up option, trust me I would have done so.

Well there is no way they would ship on the 15th for home delivery. It will probably go out today. You should get an e-mail with all of the details.

You could call customer service also. Sometimes they can help (sometimes).

379 of 1,044 (1,309 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 1:35:40 PM
(0)
Mentor

madurodave wrote:

skaps21 wrote:

No info.just means Fedex has not scanned it into their system yet (they have not picked up up from AT&T yet).

Great, back to "stress mode."  awesome.

380 of 1,044 (1,295 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 1:37:37 PM
(0)
Scholar

skaps21 wrote:

madurodave wrote:

skaps21 wrote:

Great, back to "stress mode."  awesome.

Sorry!

381 of 1,044 (1,499 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 1:43:15 PM
(0)
Tutor

I ordered on the 13th.  Just got a tracking number today.  Will arrive on Monday 6/22 via Fedex 2-day....

Just a few more days of waiting.........and waiting.....

382 of 1,044 (1,417 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 1:44:45 PM
(0)
Tutor
Mine still has only the status of the SIM with shipped. The phone & "freight" disappeared altogether. ERG. Also, it shows as shipped but there's no tracking #

383 of 1,044 (1,392 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 1:45:19 PM
(0)
Teacher

As soon as someone gets their fedex number to work on Fedex site, please post what type of shipping it says? I ordered mine on the 10th, I have a fedex tracking number but it does not track yet. I want to see if any orders placed on at&t regular site actually ship overnight?

384 of 1,044 (1,385 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 1:45:24 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by NiGHTS on Jun 18, 2009 at 1:46:48 PM

This is what its been saying for days now 

Order Info

Message Edited by NiGHTS on 06-18-2009 04:46:48 PM

[ Edited ]
385 of 1,044 (1,384 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 1:48:06 PM
(0)
Teacher

blueplanet wrote:

I ordered on the 13th.  Just got a tracking number today.  Will arrive on Monday 6/22 via Fedex 2-day....

Just a few more days of waiting.........and waiting.....

Hmm.. which one did you order?  Because I also ordered on the 13th and I didn't get a tracking number yet.. it's gotta be by model popularity as well...
And Fedex delivers on Saturday as well.. I think 

386 of 1,044 (1,340 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 1:48:17 PM
(0)
Scholar

akotal07 wrote:
Mine still has only the status of the SIM with shipped. The phone & "freight" disappeared altogether. ERG. Also, it shows as shipped but there's no tracking #

The e-mail from AT&T has the tracking number and link.

All items on mine were combined into 1 line as well. They are all packaged together is all it indicates by doing this.

387 of 1,044 (1,338 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 1:48:26 PM
(0)
Teacher

I just looked at my original online order receipt and it specifically says "Pre-orders for iPhone 3G S will be shipped with overnight priority" So if they don't then AT&T was not telling the truth. Ordered on the 10th ATT regular site for home delivery.

388 of 1,044 (1,331 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 1:48:31 PM
(0)
Tutor

Ordered the 12th. Mine has said 'In Progress' all week (including when I checked 30 minutes ago), but here's what's transpired:

6/12

Order placed ro 32Gb Black as upgrade to a family plan non-iphone line (that I will use to replace my 3g)

6/15

Order status changes to 'In Progress'

Today 3:15pm

Still says 'In Progress for iPhone, SIM, and Freight

Today 3:30pm

Status changes to ship date of today (6/18) for my SIM card, but others items remain unchanged. My carrier is 'FDE' and I have a link for the tracking number, but the URL has no embedded tracking number and clicking on it only brings up the FedEx page.

Today 3:40pm

Status has now removed all three seperate items, and I only see 'Various SIM' as my item. Ship date and link to empty tracking number remain unchanged.

--> All in all, it seems like it's shipping today regardless of what their funky system says. So I'm happy.

389 of 1,044 (1,330 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 1:48:55 PM
(0)
Teacher
 I just looked and this is what I got, so I guess I will not have mine to play with over the weekend, that's good because I need to get some house work done anyway...
Picked up

Initiated
Picked up
In transit
Delivered

Picked up
Shipment Dates

Ship date

Jun 18, 2009

Estimated delivery

Jun 22, 2009 by 4:30 PM

Destination

, MD

Shipment Facts
Help

Service type
FedEx 2Day Service

Weight
2.0 lbs/0.9 kg

Reference

390 of 1,044 (1,322 Views)