Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 15, 2009
12:07:55 AM
View profile
Who ordred and whats the status of your iPhone 3GS order??
Edited by smooth4lyfe on Jun 15, 2009 at 12:11:32 AM

I know this is a pointless thread lol but I just want to know

16GB iPhone 3GS

Mine is "Prepared for Shipment", supposed to come on June 19

what about urs??

Message Edited by smooth4lyfe on 06-15-2009 03:11:32 AM

I know this is a pointless thread lol but I just want to know

16GB iPhone 3GS

Mine is "Prepared for Shipment", supposed to come on June 19

what about urs??

Message Edited by smooth4lyfe on 06-15-2009 03:11:32 AM

Who ordred and whats the status of your iPhone 3GS order??

[ Edited ]
1,043 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1,043)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 11:58:01 AM
(0)
Tutor
If I am lucky and get one at the apple store. Will they be able to activate it thru att for me tomorrow?
If I am lucky and get one at the apple store. Will they be able to activate it thru att for me tomorrow?

Re: Who ordred and whats the status of your iPhone 3GS order??

331 of 1,044 (1,777 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 12:03:31 PM
(0)
Teacher

mandee09 wrote:

they do everything at the apple store. they have these tiny little hand held machines that go through the entire att activation process. the apple associate gives you the phone completely activated and tells you your phone number.

mandee09 wrote:

they do everything at the apple store. they have these tiny little hand held machines that go through the entire att activation process. the apple associate gives you the phone completely activated and tells you your phone number.

332 of 1,044 (1,721 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 12:06:50 PM
(0)
Mentor
Just got my confirmation email with my FedEx tracking.  Ordered on the regular ATT site on June 9 around 1:00 PM ET.  Product shipping to my home in Washington DC.  Good luck all. 
Just got my confirmation email with my FedEx tracking.  Ordered on the regular ATT site on June 9 around 1:00 PM ET.  Product shipping to my home in Washington DC.  Good luck all. 

333 of 1,044 (1,680 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 12:07:08 PM
(0)
Tutor
Awesome. Wish me luck. Doors open at 8. When should i get there? And no I am not camping out. LOL
Awesome. Wish me luck. Doors open at 8. When should i get there? And no I am not camping out. LOL

334 of 1,044 (1,673 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 12:08:08 PM
(0)
Mentor

skaps21 wrote:

Projected delivery date?

skaps21 wrote:

Projected delivery date?

335 of 1,044 (1,654 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 12:12:13 PM
(0)
Contributor
I'm picking mine up early tomorrow!
I'm picking mine up early tomorrow!

336 of 1,044 (1,591 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 12:12:21 PM
(0)
Teacher

woke up this morning... and I had a (UPS) tracking number but still marked as "in progress"

just checked after lunch, and it's marked as "shipped". My package originated in Fort Worth, TX and is being shipped as 2nd day delivery (I thought we were to get free overnight??)

Anyways... I called UPS to make sure they were shipping it to my shipping address and not billing. Sure enough, they got it right. The down side.... is that the guy told me it's scheduled for delivery on Monday June 22.

Guess I'm spending the weekend w/o and iPhone... or maybe I could pick it up on Saturday (since the UPS offices are open on Saturdays, but they don't deliver I guesss).

woke up this morning... and I had a (UPS) tracking number but still marked as "in progress"

just checked after lunch, and it's marked as "shipped". My package originated in Fort Worth, TX and is being shipped as 2nd day delivery (I thought we were to get free overnight??)

Anyways... I called UPS to make sure they were shipping it to my shipping address and not billing. Sure enough, they got it right. The down side.... is that the guy told me it's scheduled for delivery on Monday June 22.

Guess I'm spending the weekend w/o and iPhone... or maybe I could pick it up on Saturday (since the UPS offices are open on Saturdays, but they don't deliver I guesss).

337 of 1,044 (1,590 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 12:12:56 PM
(0)
Teacher
I just got a fedex tracking number email from ATT, ordered on the 9th from ATT regular site. Tracking does not work yet.
I just got a fedex tracking number email from ATT, ordered on the 9th from ATT regular site. Tracking does not work yet.

338 of 1,044 (1,577 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 12:19:28 PM
(0)
Teacher

morficus wrote:

if you find out about picking it up saturday, let me know how that turns out, but thats only if it is at your ups site, think it will be there saturday?

morficus wrote:

if you find out about picking it up saturday, let me know how that turns out, but thats only if it is at your ups site, think it will be there saturday?

339 of 1,044 (1,488 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 12:24:43 PM
(0)
Professor
Imma see if I can pick mine up from the UPS store tomorrow morning becuz its just around my house
Imma see if I can pick mine up from the UPS store tomorrow morning becuz its just around my house

340 of 1,044 (1,388 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 12:25:15 PM
(0)
Tutor
I was told UPS Overnight priority to arrive as early as June 19th.  If they dont ship it overnight, that's crap, otherwise we wouldnt have all waited.  What about people who ordered for Father's Day and have to wait for gifts. that sucks.
I was told UPS Overnight priority to arrive as early as June 19th.  If they dont ship it overnight, that's crap, otherwise we wouldnt have all waited.  What about people who ordered for Father's Day and have to wait for gifts. that sucks.

341 of 1,044 (2,482 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 12:25:34 PM
(0)
Voyager

Okay I preordered via att website on 6-9. THe order status page has showed:

32 gig black iphone

something called various sim

and freight.

UP until about 1pm today it showed those as inprogress. After around 1pm, it shows only 1 item instead of the 3, it is just showing the various sim, with a ship date of today. Should i be worried?

Okay I preordered via att website on 6-9. THe order status page has showed:

32 gig black iphone

something called various sim

and freight.

UP until about 1pm today it showed those as inprogress. After around 1pm, it shows only 1 item instead of the 3, it is just showing the various sim, with a ship date of today. Should i be worried?

342 of 1,044 (2,481 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 12:26:47 PM
(0)
Tutor
Same thing happened to me, only my SIM shows shipped date.  Makes me wonder if I should cancel & try to go to store or somewhere in the morning.
Same thing happened to me, only my SIM shows shipped date.  Makes me wonder if I should cancel & try to go to store or somewhere in the morning.

343 of 1,044 (2,469 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 12:28:24 PM
(0)
Contributor
Just checked and my phone has shipped.  Ordered on the 10th.  Shipped this morning from Fort Worth, TX to MD.  2nd Day Air, which is BS. Won't get to my place until Monday.  I thought all these were suppose to be next day.
Just checked and my phone has shipped.  Ordered on the 10th.  Shipped this morning from Fort Worth, TX to MD.  2nd Day Air, which is BS. Won't get to my place until Monday.  I thought all these were suppose to be next day.

344 of 1,044 (2,447 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 12:30:03 PM
(0)
Teacher
yeah mine is showing shipped, in fort worth tx, delivery date 6/22 second day air. wasnt over night like it said when i ordered it. anyhow, if its in my area by sat im gonna try to pick it up
yeah mine is showing shipped, in fort worth tx, delivery date 6/22 second day air. wasnt over night like it said when i ordered it. anyhow, if its in my area by sat im gonna try to pick it up

345 of 1,044 (2,416 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 12:31:12 PM
(0)
Guru

I ordered a 16gb white 3Gs.It'll be my third iPhone in the past year.I had to wait on my 8gb black for like 2 wks.I will not order on att website nor in their store again.it was the worst experience.It was so agonizing and I spent my days being supportative here on the forum,lol.I guess I been under a rock cause I just realized that a new one was coming and placed an order last night.I put in my info and paid a whooping $436 for the phone and tax.I just bought a white recently (should of waited but didn't believe the hype) in March and I paid 499 plus tax.Why was the old one higher than this new one?

I ordered off the Apple site this time.We have a military discount.I thought it would be hard to get one being we have a premier acct and would have to do through att but I guess not.I just got an email at 10 am pst saying Apple is processing my order.Its giving me a projected date of june 23-27.I hope everyone has a good weekend with their new iPhones!

Tangie

I ordered a 16gb white 3Gs.It'll be my third iPhone in the past year.I had to wait on my 8gb black for like 2 wks.I will not order on att website nor in their store again.it was the worst experience.It was so agonizing and I spent my days being supportative here on the forum,lol.I guess I been under a rock cause I just realized that a new one was coming and placed an order last night.I put in my info and paid a whooping $436 for the phone and tax.I just bought a white recently (should of waited but didn't believe the hype) in March and I paid 499 plus tax.Why was the old one higher than this new one?

I ordered off the Apple site this time.We have a military discount.I thought it would be hard to get one being we have a premier acct and would have to do through att but I guess not.I just got an email at 10 am pst saying Apple is processing my order.Its giving me a projected date of june 23-27.I hope everyone has a good weekend with their new iPhones!

346 of 1,044 (2,398 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 12:35:31 PM
(0)
Voyager

I just got my tracking number!  Carrier will be FedEx..... number does not yet retrieve any delivery date or details on their site yet.  They allow you to track via email, so I'm going to set it up to text my phone as it moves through the delivery process....

FTR:

I was a Verizon Wireless customer

I ordered an iPhone 32GB black on att.com on 6/9 at 11:14am

I ported my existing number at the same time

My status on att.com said "In Progress" for all three items right up until 2pm today

When I checked again at 3:10 it had changed to "Shipped" with no tracking number, and only the Various SIM card item showing, with an indication FDE woudl carry

I got an email from At&T at 3:30 confirming my port and that myiPhone had shipped and giving me my tracking number

There is NO DELIVERY DATE in the email from AT&T, even though their press release this morning told pre-order customers to "examine" the email for a delivery date

So I am waiting for FedEx to show on their site when my phone will deliver... will update folks when I get that info.

In the meantime, I just wanted to tell everyone who was in the same boat as me until now - have heart, it looks like AT&T is actually doing what they said they would do!   Smiley Happy

I just got my tracking number!  Carrier will be FedEx..... number does not yet retrieve any delivery date or details on their site yet.  They allow you to track via email, so I'm going to set it up to text my phone as it moves through the delivery process....

FTR:

I was a Verizon Wireless customer

I ordered an iPhone 32GB black on att.com on 6/9 at 11:14am

I ported my existing number at the same time

My status on att.com said "In Progress" for all three items right up until 2pm today

When I checked again at 3:10 it had changed to "Shipped" with no tracking number, and only the Various SIM card item showing, with an indication FDE woudl carry

I got an email from At&T at 3:30 confirming my port and that myiPhone had shipped and giving me my tracking number

There is NO DELIVERY DATE in the email from AT&T, even though their press release this morning told pre-order customers to "examine" the email for a delivery date

So I am waiting for FedEx to show on their site when my phone will deliver... will update folks when I get that info.

In the meantime, I just wanted to tell everyone who was in the same boat as me until now - have heart, it looks like AT&T is actually doing what they said they would do!   Smiley Happy

347 of 1,044 (2,335 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 12:37:06 PM
(0)
Mentor

Be glad you have shipping confirmation.  I ordered on the 10th,   they then canceled that order and reset it (same number) for the 15th. I was assured by "executive" customer service that it was still slated as a 6/10 order.  Well, if that's the case, why does my status still say "back-ordered" and the phone message still says order "will be processed in the next business day" as it has for FOUR @#()@#$%*()#$%* DAYS!??!?!

Meanwhile people who ordered the same way as me (attwireless.com) on 6/12 have shipping confirmations.

Be glad you have shipping confirmation.  I ordered on the 10th,   they then canceled that order and reset it (same number) for the 15th. I was assured by "executive" customer service that it was still slated as a 6/10 order.  Well, if that's the case, why does my status still say "back-ordered" and the phone message still says order "will be processed in the next business day" as it has for FOUR @#()@#$%*()#$%* DAYS!??!?!

Meanwhile people who ordered the same way as me (attwireless.com) on 6/12 have shipping confirmations.

348 of 1,044 (2,307 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 12:37:25 PM
(0)
Tutor
except to the fact of overnight shipping
except to the fact of overnight shipping

349 of 1,044 (2,301 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 12:37:52 PM
(0)
Teacher

akotal07 wrote:

Evidentally your phone is there along with your SIM card.  Another user posted that ATT cannot show the phone has shipped because it hasn't been "released" yet.  My status shows only the SIM card being shipped as well.  Take it with a grain of salt, I guess, but come Monday I better have not only a SIM card but an I-Phone too.  Ordered on the 10th.

akotal07 wrote:

Evidentally your phone is there along with your SIM card.  Another user posted that ATT cannot show the phone has shipped because it hasn't been "released" yet.  My status shows only the SIM card being shipped as well.  Take it with a grain of salt, I guess, but come Monday I better have not only a SIM card but an I-Phone too.  Ordered on the 10th.

350 of 1,044 (2,292 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 12:38:03 PM
(0)
Scholar
That is SO WRONG of AT&T if they shipped all these by 2nd Day instead of Overnight Priority as noted during the Pre-Order Process. Smiley Surprised
That is SO WRONG of AT&T if they shipped all these by 2nd Day instead of Overnight Priority as noted during the Pre-Order Process. Smiley Surprised

351 of 1,044 (1,730 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 12:38:13 PM
(0)
Contributor

Try this:

Call 1-888-333-6651. Press 1. Press 2. Press 1 for online like mine. Press 1. Enter order number followed by #. Press 1. Say yes.

Tracking number should be provided with shipping info

Try this:

Call 1-888-333-6651. Press 1. Press 2. Press 1 for online like mine. Press 1. Enter order number followed by #. Press 1. Say yes.

Tracking number should be provided with shipping info

352 of 1,044 (1,730 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 12:41:55 PM
(0)
Tutor

I have not seen a tracking number of any kind. The only hope I had was everything changed from "Backordered" to "In Progress"

I got a feeling I ain't gonna see my phone tomorrow. I knew I should of ordered off the apple website. At least they keep there customers updated up

to the minute.

Sounds like from what people are saying, the eariler your preorder, the greater chances are that you have a tracking number. I placed mine on 6/15, not extremely early

but better than today I suppose. I didn't sell my 3G until then and I wasn't going to get the 3GS until I sold my previous iPhone.

I was automatically given free overnight delievery lie most of you. I don't quite understand the 2nd Day thing.  I will let you know that you can't get a package from a carrier

without authorization. They have to deliver it. You can't go to the hub for your city and demand the package unless the shipper has authorized you to do so. I tried to do this

with something that came into my city on a Friday but wouldn't get delievered until Monday. Bottom line, I had to wait until Monday.  I wish you luck if you try.

I have not seen a tracking number of any kind. The only hope I had was everything changed from "Backordered" to "In Progress"

I got a feeling I ain't gonna see my phone tomorrow. I knew I should of ordered off the apple website. At least they keep there customers updated up

to the minute.

Sounds like from what people are saying, the eariler your preorder, the greater chances are that you have a tracking number. I placed mine on 6/15, not extremely early

but better than today I suppose. I didn't sell my 3G until then and I wasn't going to get the 3GS until I sold my previous iPhone.

I was automatically given free overnight delievery lie most of you. I don't quite understand the 2nd Day thing.  I will let you know that you can't get a package from a carrier

without authorization. They have to deliver it. You can't go to the hub for your city and demand the package unless the shipper has authorized you to do so. I tried to do this

with something that came into my city on a Friday but wouldn't get delievered until Monday. Bottom line, I had to wait until Monday.  I wish you luck if you try.

353 of 1,044 (1,688 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 12:42:09 PM
(0)
Scholar

This has now turned into a slightly amusing iPhone Lottery with people "scratching off" their order status to see if they're a winner!

This has now turned into a slightly amusing iPhone Lottery with people "scratching off" their order status to see if they're a winner!

354 of 1,044 (1,684 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 12:44:24 PM
(0)
Mentor
My order status just changed to ship date of today with carrier FDE and no tracking number as of yet. I pre-ordered from the normal att.com site on 6/9/09. Based on everyone else's responses, I'm probaby looking at a delivery date of Monday at this point. I am just relieved to see the status finally change! Smiley Very Happy
My order status just changed to ship date of today with carrier FDE and no tracking number as of yet. I pre-ordered from the normal att.com site on 6/9/09. Based on everyone else's responses, I'm probaby looking at a delivery date of Monday at this point. I am just relieved to see the status finally change! Smiley Very Happy

355 of 1,044 (1,643 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 12:51:04 PM
(0)
Explorer

I'm in the same boat except that I ordered on the 10th.

I wouldn't be too fast to give up on delivery tomorrow. Maybe I'm just being overly optimistic, but I have a confirmation email stating that AT&T will ship these out with overnight priority. 

The fact that they're offering a link to fedex, even if there's no actual number available yet would lead me to believe that these are out the door today.

Fingers crossed anyway.

I'm in the same boat except that I ordered on the 10th.

I wouldn't be too fast to give up on delivery tomorrow. Maybe I'm just being overly optimistic, but I have a confirmation email stating that AT&T will ship these out with overnight priority. 

The fact that they're offering a link to fedex, even if there's no actual number available yet would lead me to believe that these are out the door today.

Fingers crossed anyway.

356 of 1,044 (1,512 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 12:51:38 PM
(0)
Professor

I dont think the UPS tracking site updates frequently, becuz apperently mine has been in Hong Kong for a while now

Does the UPS tracking site update frequently? 

I dont think the UPS tracking site updates frequently, becuz apperently mine has been in Hong Kong for a while now

357 of 1,044 (1,503 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 12:52:19 PM
(0)
Tutor

Ordered 6/11/09 around 10am eastern time.

Status still says "processing" but now has a ship date of 6/18/09 with FDE (fedex) but no tracking # yet.

Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

Ordered 6/11/09 around 10am eastern time.

Status still says "processing" but now has a ship date of 6/18/09 with FDE (fedex) but no tracking # yet.

Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

358 of 1,044 (1,491 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 12:54:33 PM
(0)
Teacher

I ordered mine early on the 12th..... the order confirmation number is telling me that it will ship by the end of the next business day, so I'm pretty sure that means it will ship on Friday and I will get it on Monday. Just my luck.

Ron

I ordered mine early on the 12th..... the order confirmation number is telling me that it will ship by the end of the next business day, so I'm pretty sure that means it will ship on Friday and I will get it on Monday. Just my luck.

Ron

359 of 1,044 (1,442 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2009 12:55:42 PM
(0)
Teacher

smooth4lyfe wrote:

It does, but it takes longer than usual to go from Hong Kong to the US (usually Anchorage, AK) due to customs 

smooth4lyfe wrote:

It does, but it takes longer than usual to go from Hong Kong to the US (usually Anchorage, AK) due to customs 

360 of 1,044 (1,421 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments