Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 15, 2009
12:07:55 AM
View profile
Who ordred and whats the status of your iPhone 3GS order??
Edited by smooth4lyfe on Jun 15, 2009 at 12:11:32 AM

I know this is a pointless thread lol but I just want to know

16GB iPhone 3GS

Mine is "Prepared for Shipment", supposed to come on June 19

what about urs??

Message Edited by smooth4lyfe on 06-15-2009 03:11:32 AM

I know this is a pointless thread lol but I just want to know

16GB iPhone 3GS

Mine is "Prepared for Shipment", supposed to come on June 19

what about urs??

Message Edited by smooth4lyfe on 06-15-2009 03:11:32 AM

Who ordred and whats the status of your iPhone 3GS order??

[ Edited ]
1,043 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1,043)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 2:14:14 PM
(0)
Tutor

Ok, so here's what I got from AT&T as a reply to my question. I had ordered online on 6/9/09 6.30 AM PST. I have grayed out name of the rep.

Thank you for taking the time to e-mail AT&T regarding your recent order

attempted online. I also understand that you are showing that you are
still able to upgrade the phone which should have already been upgraded.
My name is XXXXX-XXXXXX, and I am happy to help you with your inquiry.

My records indicate that your order was processed and partially shipped;
this means that only some of the items in the order shipped; the
remaining items ship separately when they become available. The new

iPhone 3G S does not become available until 6/19. 

Ok, so here's what I got from AT&T as a reply to my question. I had ordered online on 6/9/09 6.30 AM PST. I have grayed out name of the rep.

Thank you for taking the time to e-mail AT&T regarding your recent order

attempted online. I also understand that you are showing that you are
still able to upgrade the phone which should have already been upgraded.
My name is XXXXX-XXXXXX, and I am happy to help you with your inquiry.

My records indicate that your order was processed and partially shipped;
this means that only some of the items in the order shipped; the
remaining items ship separately when they become available. The new

iPhone 3G S does not become available until 6/19. 

Re: Who ordred and whats the status of your iPhone 3GS order??

181 of 1,044 (2,046 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 2:55:46 PM
(0)
Mentor

Ok...credit where it's due.   A couple days ago I emailed the CEO and office of the president of AT&T, detailing the fact that my order date had jumped from 6/10 to 6/15.  Well, they just called me today.  She assured me that my order was still in fact slated to be processed with the 6/10 orders.

So, I will take her at her word now.  If I hear that other people who ordered on 6/10 are shipping while mine is static, then I'll probably call them again.  But it's good to know that if you go to the top, someone will address you.

Ok...credit where it's due.   A couple days ago I emailed the CEO and office of the president of AT&T, detailing the fact that my order date had jumped from 6/10 to 6/15.  Well, they just called me today.  She assured me that my order was still in fact slated to be processed with the 6/10 orders.

So, I will take her at her word now.  If I hear that other people who ordered on 6/10 are shipping while mine is static, then I'll probably call them again.  But it's good to know that if you go to the top, someone will address you.

182 of 1,044 (1,871 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 3:10:34 PM
(0)
Teacher
I am a new customer to AT&T within the last 30 days.  Yesterday, I returned my iPhone 3g (8GB) and purchased the 3GS.  It took over an hour to return my original iphone and purchase the 3GS.   When I got home, I had a confirmation email.  The status is showing as "in process".   There is no backorder listed.  I have to go back to the AT&T store tomorrow because now my husband has decided he does want the 3GS also.  Can't wait to get it. 
I am a new customer to AT&T within the last 30 days.  Yesterday, I returned my iPhone 3g (8GB) and purchased the 3GS.  It took over an hour to return my original iphone and purchase the 3GS.   When I got home, I had a confirmation email.  The status is showing as "in process".   There is no backorder listed.  I have to go back to the AT&T store tomorrow because now my husband has decided he does want the 3GS also.  Can't wait to get it. 

183 of 1,044 (1,819 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 3:38:05 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by darkman on Jun 17, 2009 at 3:39:29 PM

This is the confirmation I got after ordering via Premier (not my choice).  2-5 days?!

Edit - Ordered at about 8:10 AM on 6/10/2009.

Thank you for your purchase on the AT&T Premier Online Store. We're pleased with your choice of AT&T as your wireless service provider.

We estimate your order will be shipped within 2 - 5 business days pending approval if applicable. We will notify you by email when it is approved and shipped.

Your order may be subject to AT&T eligibility and credit requirements. If we have any questions about your eligibility or your order, we will contact you via email.

You can view the status of your order on AT&T Premier Online Store at any time.

Reference Web Order Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

If you bought backordered items, we'll ship in-stock merchandise first and then complete your order with a separate shipment. Multiple backordered items will ship when all items are in stock.

Message Edited by darkman on 06-17-2009 03:39:29 PM

This is the confirmation I got after ordering via Premier (not my choice).  2-5 days?!

Edit - Ordered at about 8:10 AM on 6/10/2009.

Thank you for your purchase on the AT&T Premier Online Store. We're pleased with your choice of AT&T as your wireless service provider.

We estimate your order will be shipped within 2 - 5 business days pending approval if applicable. We will notify you by email when it is approved and shipped.

Your order may be subject to AT&T eligibility and credit requirements. If we have any questions about your eligibility or your order, we will contact you via email.

You can view the status of your order on AT&T Premier Online Store at any time.

Reference Web Order Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

If you bought backordered items, we'll ship in-stock merchandise first and then complete your order with a separate shipment. Multiple backordered items will ship when all items are in stock.

Message Edited by darkman on 06-17-2009 03:39:29 PM

[ Edited ]
184 of 1,044 (1,736 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 3:55:41 PM
(0)
Scholar

Update to mine:

Ordered from Apple on SDay, was shipped Monday, it arrived at my local hub today but a delivery dats of 6/19.  Guess it's going to camp there for 40 some odd hours.

Update to mine:

Ordered from Apple on SDay, was shipped Monday, it arrived at my local hub today but a delivery dats of 6/19.  Guess it's going to camp there for 40 some odd hours.

185 of 1,044 (1,672 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 3:57:48 PM
(0)
Contributor
I ordered mine on the 10th with a number port. I received and went through many of the same issues other people posted. How do I know if they changed my order date?
I ordered mine on the 10th with a number port. I received and went through many of the same issues other people posted. How do I know if they changed my order date?

186 of 1,044 (1,665 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 4:05:23 PM
(0)
Teacher
Darkman,  My confirmation email is the exact same thing and I as well ordered mine on the 10th.  I hate to say it but it looks like those who ordered via att online might be getting hosed.  It's inexcusable to be left in the dark for one week with zero updates regarding our orders.  I wouldn't be suprised if we recieved our phones next week.  I certainly hope I'm wrong.
Darkman,  My confirmation email is the exact same thing and I as well ordered mine on the 10th.  I hate to say it but it looks like those who ordered via att online might be getting hosed.  It's inexcusable to be left in the dark for one week with zero updates regarding our orders.  I wouldn't be suprised if we recieved our phones next week.  I certainly hope I'm wrong.

187 of 1,044 (1,636 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 5:04:35 PM
(0)
Teacher

Hi all,

My iphone 3GS has just arrived at Ontario airport in California.

Life is good.

Sean

Hi all,

My iphone 3GS has just arrived at Ontario airport in California.

Life is good.

Sean

188 of 1,044 (1,480 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 5:16:04 PM
(0)
Contributor
I just got off the phone w/ AT&T for the third time today and I was finally given a bit of confirmation about my order.  The rep told me that my order has already been "activated and gone through processing.  It is at our warehouse waiting to be shipped."  But, because it's the new iPhone "it's not going to ship until the 19th."
I just got off the phone w/ AT&T for the third time today and I was finally given a bit of confirmation about my order.  The rep told me that my order has already been "activated and gone through processing.  It is at our warehouse waiting to be shipped."  But, because it's the new iPhone "it's not going to ship until the 19th."

189 of 1,044 (1,441 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 5:24:49 PM
(0)
Teacher
Ya know, thats bull! Our orders should be shipped tomorrow, this way they would arrive by friday with the overnight shipping. I just do not get what their problem is. Not to mention, I was forced to order through att b/c I was adding a line to my account. All new lines go to order through apple, and it appears they will be getting their phones on friday.
Ya know, thats bull! Our orders should be shipped tomorrow, this way they would arrive by friday with the overnight shipping. I just do not get what their problem is. Not to mention, I was forced to order through att b/c I was adding a line to my account. All new lines go to order through apple, and it appears they will be getting their phones on friday.

190 of 1,044 (1,416 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 5:28:29 PM
(0)
Contributor
Well, I don't know why they wouldn't go ahead and ship if they are already "in the warehouse."  I guess I'm just relieved to hear that my order will be shipped out w/ the first batch and that because they've already processed it, I can't change it.
Well, I don't know why they wouldn't go ahead and ship if they are already "in the warehouse."  I guess I'm just relieved to hear that my order will be shipped out w/ the first batch and that because they've already processed it, I can't change it.

191 of 1,044 (1,818 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 5:44:01 PM
(0)
Mentor

But sadly, we got screwed.  I should have orderd the *censored* *censored* phone off the Apple site.  Being screwed into the Premier site is inexcusable. 

What are we going to do, go get an iPhone from some other carrier?  No, wait... there is no other carrier available to us that has the iPhone...  Guess we have to get our fix from the AT&T guy on the corner after all. 

It really would be nice if there was no "locking" of phones.  I think we're headed that way real fast.

On the bright side, when the network self destructs this Friday and nobody can get registered/activated until a few days later... at least we won't have to go through that nightmare.

But sadly, we got screwed.  I should have orderd the *censored* *censored* phone off the Apple site.  Being screwed into the Premier site is inexcusable. 

What are we going to do, go get an iPhone from some other carrier?  No, wait... there is no other carrier available to us that has the iPhone...  Guess we have to get our fix from the AT&T guy on the corner after all. 

It really would be nice if there was no "locking" of phones.  I think we're headed that way real fast.

On the bright side, when the network self destructs this Friday and nobody can get registered/activated until a few days later... at least we won't have to go through that nightmare.

192 of 1,044 (1,764 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 5:55:00 PM
(0)
Teacher
I am just beginning to think I should have done the whole wait in line thing. I did it last year. I did not show up at the apple store until 330 in the afternoon. sure I waited 2 hours in line, but the apple folks were extremely nice and assured us all that they had plenty of phones to go around as long as we were willing to wait. I just didnt feel like being bothered with the 2 hour wait, altough they did serve us bottled water, coffee, and dunkin donuts. yeah i think next iphone, if att still has the rights, I will be going to the apple store
I am just beginning to think I should have done the whole wait in line thing. I did it last year. I did not show up at the apple store until 330 in the afternoon. sure I waited 2 hours in line, but the apple folks were extremely nice and assured us all that they had plenty of phones to go around as long as we were willing to wait. I just didnt feel like being bothered with the 2 hour wait, altough they did serve us bottled water, coffee, and dunkin donuts. yeah i think next iphone, if att still has the rights, I will be going to the apple store

193 of 1,044 (1,712 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 6:04:23 PM
(0)
Teacher

hI ALL,

4:55pm  Destination scan at a local airport.  

Life is good.

Sean

hI ALL,

4:55pm  Destination scan at a local airport.  

Life is good.

Sean

194 of 1,044 (1,669 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 6:42:18 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by Pedicone1211 on Jun 17, 2009 at 6:43:01 PM

To: Sean1962

Was your order placed through apple or at&t? For home delivery or in store pickup?

Message Edited by Pedicone1211 on 06-17-2009 06:43:01 PM

To: Sean1962

Was your order placed through apple or at&t? For home delivery or in store pickup?

Message Edited by Pedicone1211 on 06-17-2009 06:43:01 PM

[ Edited ]
195 of 1,044 (1,521 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 6:42:26 PM
(0)
Mentor

Hi everyone,

I ordered two iPhone 3G S 16gb's yesterday (the 16th).  I ordered one on my regular account and one on a premier account.

The one on my regular account says "in progress."  The premier account one shows the same thing, except it also shows it as backordered.

Hopefully I will get at least one of them by this weekend, but I doubt it.

Hi everyone,

I ordered two iPhone 3G S 16gb's yesterday (the 16th).  I ordered one on my regular account and one on a premier account.

The one on my regular account says "in progress."  The premier account one shows the same thing, except it also shows it as backordered.

Hopefully I will get at least one of them by this weekend, but I doubt it.

196 of 1,044 (1,519 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 7:37:24 PM
(0)
Tutor

This is my 1st Iphone. I am so so excited. I pre-ordered mine on the 14th. My status is still "in process" I wish Att would let us know something. Mine says ordered not backordered. So I guess that is good. I now wish I would of waited out the line. I hate being in the dark.

This is my 1st Iphone. I am so so excited. I pre-ordered mine on the 14th. My status is still "in process" I wish Att would let us know something. Mine says ordered not backordered. So I guess that is good. I now wish I would of waited out the line. I hate being in the dark.

197 of 1,044 (1,355 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 7:51:17 PM
(0)
Teacher

Hi,

I went to my local ATT store and placed an order on the 11th. I'll be picking up the phone from the store.

Life is good.

Sean 

Hi,

I went to my local ATT store and placed an order on the 11th. I'll be picking up the phone from the store.

Life is good.

Sean 

198 of 1,044 (1,288 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 7:55:23 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by mod.moose on Jun 17, 2009 at 8:14:11 PM

You know I have to be honest here. I am waiting for an iphone that I pre-ordered as well. {keep it courteous}  The phones will arrive on or after 6/19 and that is that....Why is everyone expecting to get their iphone on the 17th or 18th or whatever. Why do you think you will be given something before the release date?! The only mistake Apple and AT&T made was giving you tracking numbers in the first place because now everyone who has a tracking number is making everyone who doesn't have one worry. Wait until the 19th and then, if you do not get your phone, then you can start complaining and worrying and talking about getting some sort of compensation. Here is the status: You will get them on or after the release date and no matter how much you beg and call apple and at&t for an update, that is the only answer you are really going to get. 

Message Edited by mod.moose on 06-17-2009 08:14:11 PM

You know I have to be honest here. I am waiting for an iphone that I pre-ordered as well. {keep it courteous}  The phones will arrive on or after 6/19 and that is that....Why is everyone expecting to get their iphone on the 17th or 18th or whatever. Why do you think you will be given something before the release date?! The only mistake Apple and AT&T made was giving you tracking numbers in the first place because now everyone who has a tracking number is making everyone who doesn't have one worry. Wait until the 19th and then, if you do not get your phone, then you can start complaining and worrying and talking about getting some sort of compensation. Here is the status: You will get them on or after the release date and no matter how much you beg and call apple and at&t for an update, that is the only answer you are really going to get. 

Message Edited by mod.moose on 06-17-2009 08:14:11 PM

[ Edited ]
199 of 1,044 (1,268 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 7:55:40 PM
(0)
Explorer
I pre-ordered mine today online and has in process to, which is better than seeing backordered.
I pre-ordered mine today online and has in process to, which is better than seeing backordered.

200 of 1,044 (1,267 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 8:16:23 PM
(0)
Teacher
Possible good news...when I first placed my order, I used my debit card and the entire amount was placed on hold in my account for a day or two then reversed.  When I called AT&T and asked they said the amount was held as a check to ensure available funds and it would come out again (for good) when the unit(s) ship....well guess what!...just checked my acct @ 11pm EDT and the $ has come back out!!!...Now I feel a little more optimistic about getting my phone on 6/19....even tho both the premier and "normal" order status sites still show backordered and processing.
Possible good news...when I first placed my order, I used my debit card and the entire amount was placed on hold in my account for a day or two then reversed.  When I called AT&T and asked they said the amount was held as a check to ensure available funds and it would come out again (for good) when the unit(s) ship....well guess what!...just checked my acct @ 11pm EDT and the $ has come back out!!!...Now I feel a little more optimistic about getting my phone on 6/19....even tho both the premier and "normal" order status sites still show backordered and processing.

201 of 1,044 (2,352 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 8:35:21 PM
(0)
Teacher

Basicly Apple screwed ATT over.

Apple is big on customer service and doesn't want to look bad...So they hogged all the Iphones to fill their orders first

Then ATT gets the left overs.

Apple is big on customer service and doesn't want to look bad...So they hogged all the Iphones to fill their orders first

202 of 1,044 (2,273 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 9:09:50 PM
(0)
Teacher

Guys! After days of my order showing as "back-ordered"..... it has now changed!

old:

new:

no more backorder... but still "In progress"

this makes me much more optimistc about getting my phone on friday now :-D

I'm hoping that when I wake up tomorrow... I'll have some type of tracking number... or indication that it has been shipped

good luck everyone!

Guys! After days of my order showing as "back-ordered"..... it has now changed!

old:

new:

no more backorder... but still "In progress"

this makes me much more optimistc about getting my phone on friday now :-D

I'm hoping that when I wake up tomorrow... I'll have some type of tracking number... or indication that it has been shipped

good luck everyone!

203 of 1,044 (2,184 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 9:12:07 PM
(0)
Teacher

tobin1 wrote:

hhm.. that's a load of bologna...

they have a partner ship, so I'm sure what you just said is not the case.

trust me... in the corporate world of suites, ties, leather chairs  and hot "administrative assistants"... they talk about this kind of stuff up front. Stuff like supply and demand, and how much supply they will be provided.

tobin1 wrote:

hhm.. that's a load of bologna...

they have a partner ship, so I'm sure what you just said is not the case.

trust me... in the corporate world of suites, ties, leather chairs  and hot "administrative assistants"... they talk about this kind of stuff up front. Stuff like supply and demand, and how much supply they will be provided.

204 of 1,044 (2,170 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 9:13:22 PM
(0)
Tutor

Got the same change for my order on the 10th!

I have hopes now!

Got the same change for my order on the 10th!

I have hopes now!

205 of 1,044 (2,166 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 9:35:35 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by gmetzker on Jun 17, 2009 at 9:37:34 PM

Called up AT&T customer services 5 min ago.  While I was talking with them about some other issues I asked about the "back-order" status of the iphone for premier customers.  The CSR put me on hold and when she came back she said the backorder is removed.  I check the site and sure enough - no more back-order. 

She also said that the phones would ship tomorrow, but who knows if thats true based off of all the the reports from other CSRs.

Ordered from Premier June-10th .

Message Edited by gmetzker on 06-17-2009 09:37:34 PM

Called up AT&T customer services 5 min ago.  While I was talking with them about some other issues I asked about the "back-order" status of the iphone for premier customers.  The CSR put me on hold and when she came back she said the backorder is removed.  I check the site and sure enough - no more back-order. 

She also said that the phones would ship tomorrow, but who knows if thats true based off of all the the reports from other CSRs.

Ordered from Premier June-10th .

Message Edited by gmetzker on 06-17-2009 09:37:34 PM

[ Edited ]
206 of 1,044 (2,101 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 9:41:02 PM
(0)
Mentor

Alright everyone, I spoke to my cousin who works at ATT and this is what he said (summary):

-everyone who ordered on a premier account would have the backorder status shown, even if it's not.  

-backorder will be removed once the phone ships (unknown why only premier users have the backorder status)

-phones will ship tomorrow via next day air and everyone should receive them on friday

-there are plenty of phones, not sold out...everyone should receive them friday

This is what he told me.  Obviously all this is not confirmed, but it makes me a little more optimistic about getting my phones on friday.

Alright everyone, I spoke to my cousin who works at ATT and this is what he said (summary):

-everyone who ordered on a premier account would have the backorder status shown, even if it's not.  

-backorder will be removed once the phone ships (unknown why only premier users have the backorder status)

-phones will ship tomorrow via next day air and everyone should receive them on friday

-there are plenty of phones, not sold out...everyone should receive them friday

This is what he told me.  Obviously all this is not confirmed, but it makes me a little more optimistic about getting my phones on friday.

207 of 1,044 (2,078 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 9:52:57 PM
(0)
Contributor

Okay I am majorly confused?

I ordered at 10am EST on June 9th.

originally, the balance was taken out of my card, but now it is back.

my order is showing online that it is "in progress"

but when I call the telephone number it tells me some items are backordered.

But when i spoke to the lad at AT&T tonight he told me that it would be shipping tomorrow, and that is when I will be charged again and the phone will ship.

Im just worried because the balance came off my card, any advice?

Okay I am majorly confused?

I ordered at 10am EST on June 9th.

originally, the balance was taken out of my card, but now it is back.

my order is showing online that it is "in progress"

but when I call the telephone number it tells me some items are backordered.

But when i spoke to the lad at AT&T tonight he told me that it would be shipping tomorrow, and that is when I will be charged again and the phone will ship.

Im just worried because the balance came off my card, any advice?

208 of 1,044 (2,039 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 10:03:26 PM
(0)
Contributor
I ordered 6/9/09 at 0700 central.  Went to backordered on 6/15.  Just got off the phone with my cc company and att charged my card 21 times on 6/15.  Now my order says cancelled.  What the heck.  This happen to anyone else??
I ordered 6/9/09 at 0700 central.  Went to backordered on 6/15.  Just got off the phone with my cc company and att charged my card 21 times on 6/15.  Now my order says cancelled.  What the heck.  This happen to anyone else??

209 of 1,044 (2,004 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 10:06:52 PM
(0)
Teacher
I also had this happen to me. I spent some time with several helpful AT&T CSR's today (WAY better than Sprint, who I have been waiting to leave, until the new iPhone was issued), and they told me not to worry, that things should be fine. I ordered 6/12. I get more and more nervous about getting it in the first bach though, as I see more and more people posting that their's are showing shipped status.
I also had this happen to me. I spent some time with several helpful AT&T CSR's today (WAY better than Sprint, who I have been waiting to leave, until the new iPhone was issued), and they told me not to worry, that things should be fine. I ordered 6/12. I get more and more nervous about getting it in the first bach though, as I see more and more people posting that their's are showing shipped status.

210 of 1,044 (1,988 Views)