Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 15, 2009
12:07:55 AM
View profile
Who ordred and whats the status of your iPhone 3GS order??
Edited by smooth4lyfe on Jun 15, 2009 at 12:11:32 AM

I know this is a pointless thread lol but I just want to know

16GB iPhone 3GS

Mine is "Prepared for Shipment", supposed to come on June 19

what about urs??

Message Edited by smooth4lyfe on 06-15-2009 03:11:32 AM

I know this is a pointless thread lol but I just want to know

16GB iPhone 3GS

Mine is "Prepared for Shipment", supposed to come on June 19

what about urs??

Message Edited by smooth4lyfe on 06-15-2009 03:11:32 AM

Who ordred and whats the status of your iPhone 3GS order??

[ Edited ]
1,043 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1,043)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 10:07:43 AM
(0)
Mentor

well when my friend logs online it doesn't show anything .. and it says she is able to get an upgrade... her sister was throwing a fit over them letting me have the upgrade so she was wanting them to cancel it... we were all freaking thinking she did but they called AT&T today and got tracking phone number which when you call says the order is "In progress" I guess that's a good thing?

32gb black

well when my friend logs online it doesn't show anything .. and it says she is able to get an upgrade... her sister was throwing a fit over them letting me have the upgrade so she was wanting them to cancel it... we were all freaking thinking she did but they called AT&T today and got tracking phone number which when you call says the order is "In progress" I guess that's a good thing?

32gb black

Re: Who ordred and whats the status of your iPhone 3GS order??

151 of 1,044 (2,198 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 10:30:52 AM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by morficus on Jun 17, 2009 at 10:31:51 AM

cashoutcurse wrote:

I'm glad it still says "In Progress" over "backordered" at this point, but I thought the priority was first come first serve???

What site are you checkig?

Look at https://www.wireless.att.com/order_status/ for a more detailed description of your order status.

This is what mine looks like... notice the column that says "qty back-ordered"

so here is my theory... they are being marked as "back-ordered" simply because they are not in the "warehouse" since (as we all know) the iPhone 3GS does not release until Friday. So since these are all pre-orders, AT&T's inventory system is marking them as back-ordered simply because they have zero in stock....since they haven't gotten the item yet.

Message Edited by morficus on 06-17-2009 10:31:21 AM
Message Edited by morficus on 06-17-2009 10:31:51 AM

cashoutcurse wrote:

I'm glad it still says "In Progress" over "backordered" at this point, but I thought the priority was first come first serve???

What site are you checkig?

Look at https://www.wireless.att.com/order_status/ for a more detailed description of your order status.

This is what mine looks like... notice the column that says "qty back-ordered"

so here is my theory... they are being marked as "back-ordered" simply because they are not in the "warehouse" since (as we all know) the iPhone 3GS does not release until Friday. So since these are all pre-orders, AT&T's inventory system is marking them as back-ordered simply because they have zero in stock....since they haven't gotten the item yet.

Message Edited by morficus on 06-17-2009 10:31:21 AM
Message Edited by morficus on 06-17-2009 10:31:51 AM

[ Edited ]
152 of 1,044 (2,105 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 10:41:09 AM
(0)
Voyager
I was checking that site...  I don't have 1s in the QTY BACK-ORDERED column,  just QTY ORDERED. 
I was checking that site...  I don't have 1s in the QTY BACK-ORDERED column,  just QTY ORDERED. 

153 of 1,044 (2,065 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 11:01:36 AM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by mthrndr on Jun 17, 2009 at 11:14:23 AM

Check out THESE apples:

att order

As you can see they CANCELED my June 10 order and replaced it with June 15, even though I never told them to.  So they are going to get to my order on june 10, IF they are going by date, and see it's canceled and move on.  They won't get to me until they reach june 15.   

BS.

Oh, and if this is not the case, why can NONE of the 6 CSR's I've spoken to have any clue why or what's going on?!   THIS IS THE THIRD IPHONE RELEASE!  You would think these people would have their S--- together by now.

Message Edited by mthrndr on 06-17-2009 11:04:14 AM
Message Edited by mthrndr on 06-17-2009 11:14:23 AM

Check out THESE apples:

att order

As you can see they CANCELED my June 10 order and replaced it with June 15, even though I never told them to.  So they are going to get to my order on june 10, IF they are going by date, and see it's canceled and move on.  They won't get to me until they reach june 15.   

BS.

Oh, and if this is not the case, why can NONE of the 6 CSR's I've spoken to have any clue why or what's going on?!   THIS IS THE THIRD IPHONE RELEASE!  You would think these people would have their S--- together by now.

Message Edited by mthrndr on 06-17-2009 11:04:14 AM
Message Edited by mthrndr on 06-17-2009 11:14:23 AM

[ Edited ]
154 of 1,044 (1,958 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 11:17:33 AM
(0)
Tutor
I got my order to the store and its supposed to be there tomorrow!
I got my order to the store and its supposed to be there tomorrow!

155 of 1,044 (1,896 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 11:21:18 AM
(0)
Scholar
You couldn't pay me enough to be anywhere near an ATT or Apple store Friday.  I'm fine getting my 3GS at home whether its Friday or even a few days after. ESPECIALLY after reading the lunatic posts on this forum from people that sounds as if they're ready to gnaw someones arm off
You couldn't pay me enough to be anywhere near an ATT or Apple store Friday.  I'm fine getting my 3GS at home whether its Friday or even a few days after. ESPECIALLY after reading the lunatic posts on this forum from people that sounds as if they're ready to gnaw someones arm off

156 of 1,044 (1,868 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 11:21:33 AM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by rugonnagraduate on Jun 17, 2009 at 11:21:51 AM

Has anyone ordered online , not throught premier discount site, and recieved a tracking #? 

Message Edited by rugonnagraduate on 06-17-2009 11:21:51 AM

Has anyone ordered online , not throught premier discount site, and recieved a tracking #? 

Message Edited by rugonnagraduate on 06-17-2009 11:21:51 AM

[ Edited ]
157 of 1,044 (1,867 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 11:25:21 AM
(0)
Tutor

@rugonnagraduate

I ordered from the normal ATT site, with shipping to my home on June 9, 6AM Eastern time.

I have not received a tracking number.

I called today, and the employee said that they would be shipping 'to home' orders tomorrow, the 18th.

I'm starting to get ticked.  My phone just died today.  It is three years old and has worked perfectly, now it is toast.  It is a Samsung D807 slider phone.  When I slide it the screen goes white and flashes... then I just blindly turn it off and restart.  I can rescue data but I cant answer calls

@rugonnagraduate

I ordered from the normal ATT site, with shipping to my home on June 9, 6AM Eastern time.

I have not received a tracking number.

I called today, and the employee said that they would be shipping 'to home' orders tomorrow, the 18th.

I'm starting to get ticked.  My phone just died today.  It is three years old and has worked perfectly, now it is toast.  It is a Samsung D807 slider phone.  When I slide it the screen goes white and flashes... then I just blindly turn it off and restart.  I can rescue data but I cant answer calls

158 of 1,044 (1,843 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 11:29:18 AM
(0)
Mentor

It seems that every AT&T CSR gives a different answer.  They don't seem to have any standards there.  Depending on who you get, the phones are 'ready to be shipped', 'won't be shipped till friday', 'will be shipped on the 18th', 'backordered means it's not at the warehouse,' 'backordered means it will be 7 - 14 days from now'.

I don't mind waiting.  But I don't like being fed BS just to get me off the phone.  I'm really starting to 2nd guess my decision to give them 2 years of my life.

It seems that every AT&T CSR gives a different answer.  They don't seem to have any standards there.  Depending on who you get, the phones are 'ready to be shipped', 'won't be shipped till friday', 'will be shipped on the 18th', 'backordered means it's not at the warehouse,' 'backordered means it will be 7 - 14 days from now'.

I don't mind waiting.  But I don't like being fed BS just to get me off the phone.  I'm really starting to 2nd guess my decision to give them 2 years of my life.

159 of 1,044 (1,816 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 11:32:42 AM
(0)
Tutor
Yeah I ordered online, on 6/9/09 around 6.30 AM PST, and don't have any tracking number. I got an email confirming the order that day and later one more email on the 12th june saying my order will be processed. But the order status shows only Various SIM, even the iphone and freight columns which were there earlier are missing since last 4 days, the carrier column in the Various SIM row says FDE, the tracking number is empty but if I click on it, it takes me to fedex tracking website with an empty tracking number. If I call on phone, I get message that some items are backordered and some have been shipped with no details or specifics. My mind is completely confused at this point.
Yeah I ordered online, on 6/9/09 around 6.30 AM PST, and don't have any tracking number. I got an email confirming the order that day and later one more email on the 12th june saying my order will be processed. But the order status shows only Various SIM, even the iphone and freight columns which were there earlier are missing since last 4 days, the carrier column in the Various SIM row says FDE, the tracking number is empty but if I click on it, it takes me to fedex tracking website with an empty tracking number. If I call on phone, I get message that some items are backordered and some have been shipped with no details or specifics. My mind is completely confused at this point.

160 of 1,044 (1,796 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 11:36:47 AM
(0)
Teacher

Morficus: I have the exact same scenario as you.

I call the att rep and she told me my order was fulfilled and is ready to be shipped shortly.  I placed my order on June 12.

I also called the automated premier system at 1-866-499-8008 and selected opt 3 to track my order on the phone, this also says my order has been processed and will be shipped shortly. If you havent already, give that a try. Let us know what it says

I call the att rep and she told me my order was fulfilled and is ready to be shipped shortly.  I placed my order on June 12.

I also called the automated premier system at 1-866-499-8008 and selected opt 3 to track my order on the phone, this also says my order has been processed and will be shipped shortly. If you havent already, give that a try. Let us know what it says

161 of 1,044 (3,102 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 11:48:31 AM
(0)
Teacher
wrx - Mine say's the exact same thing.  "The order has been processed and will ship shortly."  I ordered the 10th through premier. 
wrx - Mine say's the exact same thing.  "The order has been processed and will ship shortly."  I ordered the 10th through premier. 

162 of 1,044 (3,045 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 11:50:28 AM
(0)
Teacher

I guess we can sit here and compare the info all we want. the truth is we are not going to know until MAYBE, and thats a big MAYBE, tomorrow if we get a tracking number. We may not know until late friday when nothing arrives.

guess we will just have to suck it up, booo

I guess we can sit here and compare the info all we want. the truth is we are not going to know until MAYBE, and thats a big MAYBE, tomorrow if we get a tracking number. We may not know until late friday when nothing arrives.

guess we will just have to suck it up, booo

163 of 1,044 (3,033 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 11:56:05 AM
(0)
Mentor

wrx

Called the 800 # and got the same, your order has been processed and will be shipping shortly....

wrx

Called the 800 # and got the same, your order has been processed and will be shipping shortly....

164 of 1,044 (3,006 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 12:18:44 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by mthrndr on Jun 17, 2009 at 12:31:55 PM

I just chatted with a CRS on the att site.  He stated that I "should not have any problem receiving my order on time" and that he "has not heard of any shipping delays for pre-orders placed even up to 6/15/09".   I'm 99% sure that is BS.  But I was surprised he didn't just offer corporate speak.

I then chatted with a tired-sounding agent at 1-866-391-0749.  He basically said I'm screwed because they screwed up the port confirmation (which was confirmed for me on the 10th) which pushed my 'order date' back to 6/15/09, that they have no clue how many iphones they are getting, who's getting them first,  or really what's going on.  They basically have no clue what's going on.  should have ordered from apple.....

Message Edited by mthrndr on 06-17-2009 12:31:55 PM

I just chatted with a CRS on the att site.  He stated that I "should not have any problem receiving my order on time" and that he "has not heard of any shipping delays for pre-orders placed even up to 6/15/09".   I'm 99% sure that is BS.  But I was surprised he didn't just offer corporate speak.

I then chatted with a tired-sounding agent at 1-866-391-0749.  He basically said I'm screwed because they screwed up the port confirmation (which was confirmed for me on the 10th) which pushed my 'order date' back to 6/15/09, that they have no clue how many iphones they are getting, who's getting them first,  or really what's going on.  They basically have no clue what's going on.  should have ordered from apple.....

Message Edited by mthrndr on 06-17-2009 12:31:55 PM

[ Edited ]
165 of 1,044 (2,912 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 12:26:19 PM
(0)
Teacher
hahah all i know is that they better prepare for the mobs if people do not get their phones on friday, i have been reading and most people who ordered an iphone are ruthless and all too excited for friday hahahah this should be interesting cant wait to see what happens if they dont arrive friday, att better put their ear muffs on
hahah all i know is that they better prepare for the mobs if people do not get their phones on friday, i have been reading and most people who ordered an iphone are ruthless and all too excited for friday hahahah this should be interesting cant wait to see what happens if they dont arrive friday, att better put their ear muffs on

166 of 1,044 (2,868 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 12:35:01 PM
(0)
Tutor

mthrndr wrote:

I feel your pain, my friend. The only saving factor is that the service has always worked well for me. I've had no problems with AT&T except when I need to talk to them about something, whether on the phone or in the store. I just try to grit my teeth through it and hope that I never have to call them about anything again.

mthrndr wrote:

I feel your pain, my friend. The only saving factor is that the service has always worked well for me. I've had no problems with AT&T except when I need to talk to them about something, whether on the phone or in the store. I just try to grit my teeth through it and hope that I never have to call them about anything again.

167 of 1,044 (2,823 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 1:04:37 PM
(0)
Teacher

wrxjess02 wrote:

Just called and got the same: "Your order has been processed and will be shipped soon"

They couldn't be more vauge, huh?  :-p

wrxjess02 wrote:

Just called and got the same: "Your order has been processed and will be shipped soon"

They couldn't be more vauge, huh?  :-p

168 of 1,044 (2,706 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 1:06:27 PM
(0)
Professor

samcraig wrote:

LOL!!!

Im glad I ordered mine to my house becuz I do not wanna wake up early morning like i did for the 3G

samcraig wrote:

LOL!!!

Im glad I ordered mine to my house becuz I do not wanna wake up early morning like i did for the 3G

169 of 1,044 (2,693 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 1:27:11 PM
(0)
Teacher

Just called the #800 number for regular att order not premiere, the recording said "your order is being processed and will ship in 1 business day and you will receive an email with shipment notification when it ships"

I ordered on the 9th at 5 pm.

16GB

Black

Just called the #800 number for regular att order not premiere, the recording said "your order is being processed and will ship in 1 business day and you will receive an email with shipment notification when it ships"

I ordered on the 9th at 5 pm.

16GB

Black

170 of 1,044 (2,606 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 1:29:19 PM
(0)
Voyager
I ordered on the premier and it says order placed on 6/10, which it was.   I logged into my account on att and it says order placed on 6/12, which is crap.  Why did my order get pushed back 2 days?  Has anyone else had their order dates changed?
I ordered on the premier and it says order placed on 6/10, which it was.   I logged into my account on att and it says order placed on 6/12, which is crap.  Why did my order get pushed back 2 days?  Has anyone else had their order dates changed?

171 of 1,044 (1,793 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 1:31:48 PM
(0)
Teacher
Seems like people who have tried to port numbers have had the dates of their orders changed or delayed for some reason.
Seems like people who have tried to port numbers have had the dates of their orders changed or delayed for some reason.

172 of 1,044 (1,781 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 1:32:27 PM
(0)
Teacher
What number are you guys calling? And what does it tell you? The status of your shipping? or...
What number are you guys calling? And what does it tell you? The status of your shipping? or...

173 of 1,044 (1,774 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 1:35:11 PM
(0)
Tutor

Just got off the phone with some guy who sounded like he had no idea what he was talking about, but he said I should be receiving information today (the 17th) regarding my order.

I'll try to call back later and see if someone else could help me.

(This was dialing AT&T's normal customer service line)

Just got off the phone with some guy who sounded like he had no idea what he was talking about, but he said I should be receiving information today (the 17th) regarding my order.

I'll try to call back later and see if someone else could help me.

(This was dialing AT&T's normal customer service line)

174 of 1,044 (1,765 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 1:37:31 PM
(0)
Teacher

I called 866-391-0749

I called 866-391-0749

175 of 1,044 (1,749 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 1:38:43 PM
(0)
Voyager

Pedicone1211 wrote:

I guess att really believes in being loyal to their current customers.Smiley Mad

Pedicone1211 wrote:

I guess att really believes in being loyal to their current customers.Smiley Mad

176 of 1,044 (1,741 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 1:38:46 PM
(0)
Teacher
Regarding number porting. When ordering my iphone, I added a new line to my existing account and did not mention that i wanted an old number ported. They assigned my a new phone number. I called back after the order was placed, spoke to the porting dept that ran the porting approval for my number. Now, after I activate the phone they will port the number over. I did it this way, because I learned from last time that porting numbers always causes nonsense delays.
Regarding number porting. When ordering my iphone, I added a new line to my existing account and did not mention that i wanted an old number ported. They assigned my a new phone number. I called back after the order was placed, spoke to the porting dept that ran the porting approval for my number. Now, after I activate the phone they will port the number over. I did it this way, because I learned from last time that porting numbers always causes nonsense delays.

177 of 1,044 (1,740 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 1:40:31 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by IanSee on Jun 17, 2009 at 2:12:19 PM

Guys, there is no point calling anyone at AT&T, unless you can get the CEO himself.  THEY DO NOT HAVE ANY INFO.  Either they are reading exactly what you see on your screen, or they are making stuff up.  They don't know how many iphones they are getting, and they don't know how many will be out for shipment on friday.  Also,  if your order date was changed, it's because the order department was not speaking to the Port department and the order never got the port confirmation on it.  I ordered on the 10th, and mine was changed to the 15th.  The guy said basically even though it screws you for their first-come-first serve (so much for first-come when they change your order date)  there is nothing he can do.  And he's probably right....again, unless you can get the CEO.  I actually emailed the CEO and his secretary at their direct email addresses, and I of course never got a response.

For people like me who ordered via attwireless.com, sorry guys, {word filter evasion}.  If you ordered in-store or via apple.com, you'll be fine.

Message Edited by IanSee on 06-17-2009 05:12:19 PM

Guys, there is no point calling anyone at AT&T, unless you can get the CEO himself.  THEY DO NOT HAVE ANY INFO.  Either they are reading exactly what you see on your screen, or they are making stuff up.  They don't know how many iphones they are getting, and they don't know how many will be out for shipment on friday.  Also,  if your order date was changed, it's because the order department was not speaking to the Port department and the order never got the port confirmation on it.  I ordered on the 10th, and mine was changed to the 15th.  The guy said basically even though it screws you for their first-come-first serve (so much for first-come when they change your order date)  there is nothing he can do.  And he's probably right....again, unless you can get the CEO.  I actually emailed the CEO and his secretary at their direct email addresses, and I of course never got a response.

For people like me who ordered via attwireless.com, sorry guys, {word filter evasion}.  If you ordered in-store or via apple.com, you'll be fine.

Message Edited by IanSee on 06-17-2009 05:12:19 PM

[ Edited ]
178 of 1,044 (1,729 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 1:42:02 PM
(0)
Mentor

wrxjess02:

Good info.  Wish I knew that last week!   

wrxjess02:

Good info.  Wish I knew that last week!   

179 of 1,044 (1,714 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 1:59:21 PM
(0)
Tutor

I ordered at the tiny AT&T store near my house in po-dunk-da-puny-town.  I expect a line of one on Friday morning.

I ordered at the tiny AT&T store near my house in po-dunk-da-puny-town.  I expect a line of one on Friday morning.

180 of 1,044 (1,627 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments