Who ordred and whats the status of your iPhone 3GS order??

Professor

Who ordred and whats the status of your iPhone 3GS order??

[ Edited ]

I know this is a pointless thread lol but I just want to know

16GB iPhone 3GS

Mine is "Prepared for Shipment", supposed to come on June 19

what about urs??

Message Edited by smooth4lyfe on 06-15-2009 03:11:32 AM
Message 1 of 1,044 (11,107 Views)
Teacher

Re: Who ordred and whats the status of your iPhone 3GS order??

hahah all i know is that they better prepare for the mobs if people do not get their phones on friday, i have been reading and most people who ordered an iphone are ruthless and all too excited for friday hahahah this should be interesting cant wait to see what happens if they dont arrive friday, att better put their ear muffs on
Message 166 of 1,044 (2,902 Views)
Tutor

mthrndr wrote:

It seems that every AT&T CSR gives a different answer.  They don't seem to have any standards there.  Depending on who you get, the phones are 'ready to be shipped', 'won't be shipped till friday', 'will be shipped on the 18th', 'backordered means it's not at the warehouse,' 'backordered means it will be 7 - 14 days from now'.

I don't mind waiting.  But I don't like being fed BS just to get me off the phone.  I'm really starting to 2nd guess my decision to give them 2 years of my life.

I feel your pain, my friend. The only saving factor is that the service has always worked well for me. I've had no problems with AT&T except when I need to talk to them about something, whether on the phone or in the store. I just try to grit my teeth through it and hope that I never have to call them about anything again.

Message 167 of 1,044 (2,857 Views)
Teacher

wrxjess02 wrote:

Morficus: I have the exact same scenario as you.

I call the att rep and she told me my order was fulfilled and is ready to be shipped shortly.  I placed my order on June 12.

I also called the automated premier system at 1-866-499-8008 and selected opt 3 to track my order on the phone, this also says my order has been processed and will be shipped shortly. If you havent already, give that a try. Let us know what it says

Just called and got the same: "Your order has been processed and will be shipped soon"

They couldn't be more vauge, huh?  :-p

Message 168 of 1,044 (2,740 Views)
Professor

samcraig wrote:
You couldn't pay me enough to be anywhere near an ATT or Apple store Friday.  I'm fine getting my 3GS at home whether its Friday or even a few days after. ESPECIALLY after reading the lunatic posts on this forum from people that sounds as if they're ready to gnaw someones arm off

LOL!!!

Im glad I ordered mine to my house becuz I do not wanna wake up early morning like i did for the 3G

Message 169 of 1,044 (2,727 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

Just called the #800 number for regular att order not premiere, the recording said "your order is being processed and will ship in 1 business day and you will receive an email with shipment notification when it ships"

I ordered on the 9th at 5 pm.

16GB

Black

Message 170 of 1,044 (2,640 Views)
Voyager

I ordered on the premier and it says order placed on 6/10, which it was.   I logged into my account on att and it says order placed on 6/12, which is crap.  Why did my order get pushed back 2 days?  Has anyone else had their order dates changed?
Message 171 of 1,044 (1,827 Views)
Teacher

Seems like people who have tried to port numbers have had the dates of their orders changed or delayed for some reason.
Message 172 of 1,044 (1,815 Views)
Teacher

What number are you guys calling? And what does it tell you? The status of your shipping? or...
Message 173 of 1,044 (1,808 Views)
Tutor

Just got off the phone with some guy who sounded like he had no idea what he was talking about, but he said I should be receiving information today (the 17th) regarding my order.

I'll try to call back later and see if someone else could help me.

(This was dialing AT&T's normal customer service line)

Message 174 of 1,044 (1,799 Views)
Teacher

I called 866-391-0749

Message 175 of 1,044 (1,783 Views)
Voyager

Pedicone1211 wrote:
Seems like people who have tried to port numbers have had the dates of their orders changed or delayed for some reason.

I guess att really believes in being loyal to their current customers.Smiley Mad
Message 176 of 1,044 (1,775 Views)
Teacher

Regarding number porting. When ordering my iphone, I added a new line to my existing account and did not mention that i wanted an old number ported. They assigned my a new phone number. I called back after the order was placed, spoke to the porting dept that ran the porting approval for my number. Now, after I activate the phone they will port the number over. I did it this way, because I learned from last time that porting numbers always causes nonsense delays.
Message 177 of 1,044 (1,774 Views)
Mentor

[ Edited ]

Guys, there is no point calling anyone at AT&T, unless you can get the CEO himself.  THEY DO NOT HAVE ANY INFO.  Either they are reading exactly what you see on your screen, or they are making stuff up.  They don't know how many iphones they are getting, and they don't know how many will be out for shipment on friday.  Also,  if your order date was changed, it's because the order department was not speaking to the Port department and the order never got the port confirmation on it.  I ordered on the 10th, and mine was changed to the 15th.  The guy said basically even though it screws you for their first-come-first serve (so much for first-come when they change your order date)  there is nothing he can do.  And he's probably right....again, unless you can get the CEO.  I actually emailed the CEO and his secretary at their direct email addresses, and I of course never got a response.

For people like me who ordered via attwireless.com, sorry guys, {word filter evasion}.  If you ordered in-store or via apple.com, you'll be fine.

Message Edited by IanSee on 06-17-2009 05:12:19 PM
Message 178 of 1,044 (1,763 Views)
Mentor

wrxjess02:

Good info.  Wish I knew that last week!   

Message 179 of 1,044 (1,748 Views)
Tutor

Im glad I ordered mine to my house becuz I do not wanna wake up early morning like i did for the 3G

I ordered at the tiny AT&T store near my house in po-dunk-da-puny-town.  I expect a line of one on Friday morning.

Message 180 of 1,044 (1,661 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.