Wireless Forums

Posted Mar 22, 2011
4:24:42 AM
View profile
Who is on first when it comes to IPHONE returns within 30 days

I called the Rutland Vermont ATT&T store  and they told me they would not replace the iphone 4 I had bought last week and that I had to deal with Apple--"we sell them-Apple fixes them".  I called Apple who said that ATT&T had to replace the phone anytime I wanted during the first thirty days.  

The Apple representative asked for the Rutland store's number and called them while I was on hold.  After about fifteen minutes he came back on and said I should go to the store and ask for "Joey" who would replace the phone.  Despite a snow storm, we got there and Joey was very helpful and replaced the phone--apologizing for the misunderstanding.  (The new phone fixesthe WiFi problem.)

However, during the process the "manager" showed up.  She accosted me and told me she wanted me to understand she was doing me a favor and that the store had no obligation to replace the phone.  She went onto say that if in the future I had a problem I should not come to them, but go to Apple.  I told her that I did not understand her vituperative attitude as I was customer who followed a business like process and just wanted something fixed.  I pointed out that her beef was with Apple and said I did not like being placed in the middle.  She reiterated that I needed to understand she was doing me a favor and sort of "stormed off".  Joey was clearly uncomfortable and apologized for the scene.  

I bought a cable that allows the IPHONE to be hooked up to my car's audio system.  I paid for it, but as I drove down the road I discovered that it did not work with the case I had on the phone--as it could not be fully plugged in.  We turned around and I went back to get my money back.  The manager had to be called to sign off on the return.  She glared at me-- quizzed the agent as to what was wrong-- she said other people had gotten cable and it worked-- the agent explained about the case-- she grudgingly approved the return with what was a disdainful look at me.  

Not great customer relations!!

I called the Rutland Vermont ATT&T store  and they told me they would not replace the iphone 4 I had bought last week and that I had to deal with Apple--"we sell them-Apple fixes them".  I called Apple who said that ATT&T had to replace the phone anytime I wanted during the first thirty days.  

The Apple representative asked for the Rutland store's number and called them while I was on hold.  After about fifteen minutes he came back on and said I should go to the store and ask for "Joey" who would replace the phone.  Despite a snow storm, we got there and Joey was very helpful and replaced the phone--apologizing for the misunderstanding.  (The new phone fixesthe WiFi problem.)

However, during the process the "manager" showed up.  She accosted me and told me she wanted me to understand she was doing me a favor and that the store had no obligation to replace the phone.  She went onto say that if in the future I had a problem I should not come to them, but go to Apple.  I told her that I did not understand her vituperative attitude as I was customer who followed a business like process and just wanted something fixed.  I pointed out that her beef was with Apple and said I did not like being placed in the middle.  She reiterated that I needed to understand she was doing me a favor and sort of "stormed off".  Joey was clearly uncomfortable and apologized for the scene.  

I bought a cable that allows the IPHONE to be hooked up to my car's audio system.  I paid for it, but as I drove down the road I discovered that it did not work with the case I had on the phone--as it could not be fully plugged in.  We turned around and I went back to get my money back.  The manager had to be called to sign off on the return.  She glared at me-- quizzed the agent as to what was wrong-- she said other people had gotten cable and it worked-- the agent explained about the case-- she grudgingly approved the return with what was a disdainful look at me.  

Who is on first when it comes to IPHONE returns within 30 days

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 22, 2011 5:50:33 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Welcome to the user forum.

Sounds right, since within the first 30 days you can return the phone for a full refund, and after 30 days you own it for good.

The rest of the story sounds like someone at the Vermont store was having a bad day.

Welcome to the user forum.

Sounds right, since within the first 30 days you can return the phone for a full refund, and after 30 days you own it for good.

The rest of the story sounds like someone at the Vermont store was having a bad day.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Who is on first when it comes to IPHONE returns within 30 days

2 of 5 (418 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 22, 2011 6:30:43 AM
(0)
Expert

dputrich wrote:

was it "wireless for less" on 161 South Main St?

dputrich wrote:

was it "wireless for less" on 161 South Main St?

3 of 5 (393 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 22, 2011 6:58:59 AM
(0)
Contributor
ATT&T store so main
ATT&T store so main

4 of 5 (373 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 22, 2011 7:09:06 AM
(0)
Master

I would go to a different store in the area and see if you can get the name of the regional manager?  Since this is a customer forum, this feedback may not make it to the right people to act upon this. 

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

I would go to a different store in the area and see if you can get the name of the regional manager?  Since this is a customer forum, this feedback may not make it to the right people to act upon this. 

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

5 of 5 (360 Views)