Helpful Links

Who has to your text messages?

Contributor

Who has to your text messages?

I've been wondering recently, is it possible for an AT&T sales associate to read a customer's text messages? Do they have access in any form to do this?

Message 1 of 3
Professor

Re: Who has to your text messages?

djenk wrote:

I've been wondering recently, is it possible for an AT&T sales associate to read a customer's text messages? Do they have access in any form to do this?

........... Whyyyy yes we dew!......

csrep.jpgnosey.jpg

Well, CSR and tech says they can only see only the text's date/time and the number it goes to, I'm sure if it was necessary to pull a text log as well as "pictures" sent, it can be retrieved...   Smiley Wink

Best bet is to be cautious and sensible of what you send and allow others to send you. Could come back and BITE you someday.

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Professor

Re: Who has to your text messages?

RicoLX wrote:

djenk wrote:

........... Whyyyy yes we dew!......

csrep.jpgnosey.jpg

Well, CSR and tech says they can only see only the text's date/time and the number it goes to, I'm sure if it was necessary to pull a text log as well as "pictures" sent, it can be retrieved...   Smiley Wink

Best bet is to be cautious and sensible of what you send and allow others to send you. Could come back and BITE you someday.

I can tell you that they are stored for a short time and the only way to get to them besides the one sending/receiving, is a court order/warrant. Period. Of course if anyone can get a hold of the sending/receiving phone, then all bets are off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support