Who has gotten the Mango update?

Former Community Manager

Who has gotten the Mango update?

I know a lot of people are still waiting for their update but I'm curious to hear what you think if you already have it.

I'm digging the multi-tasking & the speech recognition stuff. Let me know what you think!

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 66 (1,900 Views)
Tutor

Re: Who has gotten the Mango update?

Yes, I have checked it multiple times.

Forcing the update has never worked for my phone despite that I have tried it more than a dozen times.

Message 46 of 66 (1,815 Views)
Teacher

I' forced the Mango update for my phone, and have noticed that after turning my phone off then back on, it takes almost a minute to boot back up. Is this normal?

Message 47 of 66 (1,803 Views)
Tutor

Finally, I got the second update notice 10 hours later after the first one.  The second batch update took about 50 minutes for my HTC 7HD7s.

Starting my phone takes about 30 seconds. 

Message 48 of 66 (1,798 Views)
Teacher

Weeeeeeeeeee. I think I finally know how to make ringtones for my phone usiing Zune. I chatted with Samsung support earlier today and they gave me the info I needed, but wasn't really enough to help at the time, however, I figure out what else I needed to know on my own. I'll try it out probably tomorrow and see how it works.

Message 49 of 66 (1,777 Views)
Tutor

Ok so everything points to carrier not enabling features available in Mango update.  So I ask this, is there any hope that in the future the WiFi hotspot and visual voice mail features will be enabled?  I would really like to be able to take full advantage of the features my phone is capable of.

Other than those complaints, I am pleased with the update on my Samsung Focus.

Message 50 of 66 (1,762 Views)
Tutor

[ Edited ]

@ NWFocusUser

Mine has slower startup also. Samsung Focus

Message 51 of 66 (1,901 Views)
Teacher

Seems I was wrong. I still can't get the ringtones issue straightened out. If I can't figure it out soon, I may just give up and find an Android to use with the carrier I'm currently with.

Message 52 of 66 (1,888 Views)
Teacher

I think I may need a program to shorten the length of what I'm trying to make. Hopefully not a confusing program though.

Message 53 of 66 (1,874 Views)
Tutor

information from microsoft about creating a ringtone

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/wp7/start/create-ringtones.aspx

Message 54 of 66 (1,855 Views)
Tutor

[ Edited ]

other help and how to regarding windows phone
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/wp7/default.aspx

I was also hoping that Adobe and Microsoft would introduce Flash into the update.  Smiley Sad

Message 55 of 66 (1,853 Views)
Teacher

J.D.usa wrote:

information from microsoft about creating a ringtone

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/wp7/start/create-ringtones.aspx

I've seen this info.

Message 56 of 66 (1,849 Views)
Teacher

AT&T charges for connection sharing (tethering) so you can be sure it is disabled if you are not paying for it.
Message 57 of 66 (1,767 Views)
Teacher

Considering that Adobe has now stopped development of Flash on all mobile platforms, that's not going to happen.

Message 58 of 66 (1,764 Views)
Teacher

I just read that Adobe is no longer supporting Flash on mobile devices, so it looks like we are out of luck in that regard... unless MS can figure out how to translate from Flash to Silverlight.
Message 59 of 66 (1,762 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

Thing is, everything is moving away from Flash and Silverlight. Mobile sites are built in HTML or HTML5 these days, and Flash is staying put on the desktop (phones just aren't built to handle Flash, period). Eventually, we won't need Flash or Silverlight anymore.

Message 60 of 66 (1,741 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.