Who has gotten the Mango update?

Former Community Manager

Who has gotten the Mango update?

I know a lot of people are still waiting for their update but I'm curious to hear what you think if you already have it.

I'm digging the multi-tasking & the speech recognition stuff. Let me know what you think!

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 66 (1,897 Views)
Mentor

Re: Who has gotten the Mango update?

I have version 1.3 on my Focus and still no update, tried several times to force it with the diconnecting from the Internet as suggested and that didn't work.  My wifes phone also had the 1.3 and it was updated last weekend but stil notification for mine.

Message 31 of 66 (1,885 Views)
Mentor

Just maybe I wasn't doing it correctly...I was told to wait about 30 seconds and then plug the cable back in.  Sounds like you are saying to wait until it says 'update available' then plug the cable back in?

Message 32 of 66 (1,884 Views)
Tutor

I have tried more than a dozen times so far to no avail. I have tried  it on a desktop and a laptop, using wired and wireless network connections.

Message 33 of 66 (1,857 Views)
Tutor

if you have it...how does the personal ringtone feature work?

Message 34 of 66 (1,817 Views)
Teacher

I got so excited about all the changes and additions that I forced the update a few days ago for My 1.3 Focus. So far, for the most part, I think the changes are awesome. I've noticed quite a bit that's different, or has been added.

Message 35 of 66 (1,800 Views)
Teacher

I can't seem to find any sites that work with the Focus for ringtones. Hopefully they will provide some soon, or make a way to get ringtones like through Marketplace. 

Message 36 of 66 (1,799 Views)
Mentor

Have you tried making your own ringtone(s) in Zune?  I haven't tried it yet but here is a link to the instructions...

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/wp7/start/create-ringtones.aspx

As long as it fits the criteria below its supposed to work:

• In MP3 or WMA format.
  • Less than 40 seconds.
  • Less than 1 MB.
  • Not protected with digital rights management (DRM).

Message 37 of 66 (1,796 Views)
Teacher

terryk wrote:

Have you tried making your own ringtone(s) in Zune?  I haven't tried it yet but here is a link to the instructions...

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/wp7/start/create-ringtones.aspx

As long as it fits the criteria below its supposed to work:

• In MP3 or WMA format.
  • Less than 40 seconds.
  • Less than 1 MB.
  • Not protected with digital rights management (DRM).

I tried that way too. I know that's what MS recommends, but I can't seem to figure out how to find what I want, then put it into Zune to make the ringtones with. 

Message 38 of 66 (1,792 Views)
Tutor

cool, now i just have to wait untill the Update Gods Bless me with an update

Message 39 of 66 (1,774 Views)
Teacher

realCMG wrote:

cool, now i just have to wait untill the Update Gods Bless me with an update

You can always push the update. That's how I got it. Smiley Happy

Message 40 of 66 (1,764 Views)
Contributor

rIf you haven't made your ringtones yet, this is how you do it. 

You can use real player song trimmer, or movie player trimmer, its easier to use the real player. The the clip has to be exactly 40 secs or less, 39 secs to make sure  it works. Once you get your ringtone to Zune you have to right click it and edit.

You then have to type "Ringtone" in genre exactly how its typed without the qoutation marks.Once you upload it to your phone it should be under custom when you go to change you ringtones. 

Message 41 of 66 (1,882 Views)
Teacher

ravenr1723 wrote:

rIf you haven't made your ringtones yet, this is how you do it. 

You can use real player song trimmer, or movie player trimmer, its easier to use the real player. The the clip has to be exactly 40 secs or less, 39 secs to make sure  it works. Once you get your ringtone to Zune you have to right click it and edit.

You then have to type "Ringtone" in genre exactly how its typed without the qoutation marks.Once you upload it to your phone it should be under custom when you go to change you ringtones. 

I'm sorry for my ignorance. Ok, say I'm using the real player thingy. How do I get the ringtone into Zune to work with it? I've tried one other way through Zune, and that, too, was confusing like mad. *It may be simple, I don't know*. Lol. Also, once I'm ready to put it on my phone, how do I find it once sent to my phone? I just looked for Custom under where I would change ringtones, but don't see Custom anywhere.

Message 42 of 66 (1,870 Views)
Contributor

Got it and it's working fine.  Now the real question...

When is AT&T going to enable Internet Sharing for customers subscribing to data+tethering?  HTC has verified that the phone hardware and software support it.  Come on AT&T.  This is a huge feature in Mango.

Message 43 of 66 (1,850 Views)
Tutor

I got an update notice from Zune this morning, and went through the  automatic 10-step update for about 10 minutes.  However, the OS version is still is still: 7.0.7392.0.

Is this normal?  Could anyone shed some light on this?

Message 44 of 66 (1,822 Views)
Highlighted
Mentor

Did you check for more updates after the 7392?  There will be 7403 and then finally 7720.  I had to 'force' the 7392 then also force the 7403 but the 7720 tagged in right after the 7403 without me forcing it.  The 7403 and 7720 will take considerably longer to update than the 7392 so a person has to be patient. 

Message 45 of 66 (1,819 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.