Who Likes Their Android?

Master

Who Likes Their Android?

After having a Samsung Captivate delivered to me on Valentine's Day, I cannot help to admit that I really like Android. The OS is great, and so are the phones! Google has done a superb job on this addition to the smartphone and tablet world. Many people seem to be satisfied among many different carriers.

So, who likes their Android phone/tablet? Are there and fellow Androiders out there?

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 1 of 63 (961 Views)
Professor

Re: Who Likes Their Android?

Yup! you just described a brand  new baby cellphone!!!

Message 31 of 63 (406 Views)
Professor

Loving my Atrix!!

Message 32 of 63 (380 Views)
Master

Berzerker wrote:

Loving my Atrix!!

Great to hear! Welcome to the "Android experience"!

Message 33 of 63 (378 Views)
Professor

Wild Banchi wrote:

Berzerker wrote:

Loving my Atrix!!

Just like we all just sneeked downstairs on xmas morning and saw our androids! waiting for us!!!!

Message 34 of 63 (356 Views)
Master

RicoLX wrote:

Wild Banchi wrote:

Berzerker wrote:

Loving my Atrix!!

Just like we all just sneeked downstairs on xmas morning and saw our androids! waiting for us!!!!

Mine was actually a "Valentine's Day" present, if you could call it that. Ironically, I received my Captivate in the mail on Cupid's Day. I was overjoyed to get it. I sure was feelin' the love. Smiley Very Happy

Message 35 of 63 (351 Views)
Professor

WB I remember when you got yur Captivate android. We were both mourning over in the Cellphone Simetery when our older phones croaked at the same time. Cool that we made great choices on the android
Message 36 of 63 (342 Views)
Master

RicoLX wrote:
WB I remember when you got yur Captivate android. We were both mourning over in the Cellphone Simetery when our older phones croaked at the same time. Cool that we made great choices on the android

Right! I am really satisfied with my Captivate. I pretty much like everything about it, except there is no flash for the camera (Mythic DID have), no voice commands (Mythic also had), the keyboard is kind of clumsy, and the largeness of the phone. But it does feel good and solid in the hand.

When the time comes, I will probably get another Android phone. Android has been a hit since the time of the Motorola Backflip, and continues to be an idol for the other operating systems, maybe even Apple's iOS itself. Course, I use both on a regular basis, and I like them about the same.

Message 37 of 63 (337 Views)
Professor

Wild Banchi wrote:

RicoLX wrote:

Right! I am really satisfied with my Captivate. I pretty much like everything about it, except there is no flash for the camera (Mythic DID have), no voice commands (Mythic also had), the keyboard is kind of clumsy, and the largeness of the phone. But it does feel good and solid in the hand.

When the time comes, I will probably get another Android phone. Android has been a hit since the time of the Motorola Backflip, and continues to be an idol for the other operating systems, maybe even Apple's iOS itself. Course, I use both on a regular basis, and I like them about the same.

Wow, i looked at the Captivate "Unboxing" and features using 2.2 on Youtube! That is one nice ANDROID

Message 38 of 63 (284 Views)
Mentor

I liked my Nexus One when I got it, and even thought it was a wise decision I made paying $529 to get it unlocked to be used on AT&T.

But now, after a year of constant issues I think its not worth paying more to "be the first to get Android updates" which Google showed they dont care when the Nexus S was launched.

I'd rather get a phone from AT&T and save some money, dont care for latest updates anymore.

Overall, Android has been a good experience, does a lot of things that its competitors cant, will definitely stay with Android for the distant future.

Message 39 of 63 (247 Views)
Master

dagarwal313 wrote:

I liked my Nexus One when I got it, and even thought it was a wise decision I made paying $529 to get it unlocked to be used on AT&T.

But now, after a year of constant issues I think its not worth paying more to "be the first to get Android updates" which Google showed they dont care when the Nexus S was launched.

I'd rather get a phone from AT&T and save some money, dont care for latest updates anymore.

Overall, Android has been a good experience, does a lot of things that its competitors cant, will definitely stay with Android for the distant future.

Yeah, it sure seems that when the manufacturers release something new, they are all over it - marketing, prepping, and making it seem to be the best possible material, whether it's a phone, computer, car, etc. In this case, it seems that Google and Android are late to release updates and fix minor issues for the Nexus One and such.

It sounds like the "Android experience" has you hooked, also. Glad to hear that you are enjoying Android as a whole, despite a few perks! Smiley Happy

Message 40 of 63 (238 Views)
Professor

its got ME hooked...

..havent put my streak down in 5 days now..

no sleep..too much fun..Smiley Wink

Message 41 of 63 (287 Views)
Master

I

Wild Banchi wrote:

Ann154 wrote:
Posted From HTC Desire
Someone really needs to fix these mobile posting from "signatures"  A Dell Streak is nowhere close to an HTC Desire. Smiley Sad
An HTC Glacier also doesn't equal an HTC Aria or my preferred phone.
I love SwiftKey keyboard for Android!
Why dosen't the enter button work on the rich text editor? Ugh!

I agree, the signatures are completely screwed up. Fortunately, when I post from my Captivate, it reads "Posted from Samsung I987", which is the phone's model number. When I post from my iPod Touch, it also reads "Posted from Apple iPod Touch". It seems that I am one of the lucky ones. Smiley Wink But I'm sure if I were posting from a Streak/Aria/EVO, etc. then it would say the same exact thing you guys are seeing.

I was looking through some of my old posts and I noticed that posts made from either of my phones have been listed as being posted from a HTC Legend, HTC Glacier and most recently a HTC Magic. None of them are right except for the manufacturer. Smiley Sad
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 42 of 63 (279 Views)
Professor

Hi Ann
Pamelaz fixed my sig Smiley Very Happy
Message 43 of 63 (276 Views)
Master

That is a definite improvement from the HTC Desire it was listing. Smiley Happy

Now to get the rest of "Posted from" signatures fixed. Smiley Sad
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 44 of 63 (267 Views)
Professor

Ann154 wrote:
That is a definite improvement from the HTC Desire it was listing. Smiley Happy

Now to get the rest of "Posted from" signatures fixed. Smiley Sad

Send a message to Pamelaz (modertor).  She knows her stuff.    Did your android have 1.6 while posting then got upgraded to 2.2 like recently?

Message 45 of 63 (253 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.