Helpful Links

Who Likes Their Android?

Master

Who Likes Their Android?

After having a Samsung Captivate delivered to me on Valentine's Day, I cannot help to admit that I really like Android. The OS is great, and so are the phones! Google has done a superb job on this addition to the smartphone and tablet world. Many people seem to be satisfied among many different carriers.

So, who likes their Android phone/tablet? Are there and fellow Androiders out there?

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 1 of 63
Master

Re: Who Likes Their Android?

Ann154 wrote:
When I posted about the enter button not working, I was posting from a computer and using the rich text editor. When I would preview the post, the paragraphs would disappear.

I only see this issue on this forum and not on the other forum.

That seems odd. The "Enter" button should automatically work an a computer. Only in the "Full" version on a mobile device should it seem necessary that it would not work. I don't know what else could be the problem...?

Did that work for you, RicoLX?

Message 16 of 63
Professor

Smiley Happy
Wild Banchi wrote:

Ann154 wrote:
When I posted about the enter button not working, I was posting from a computer and using the rich text editor. When I would preview the post, the paragraphs would disappear.

I only see this issue on this forum and not on the other forum.

That seems odd. The "Enter" button should automatically work an a computer. Only in the "Full" version on a mobile device should it seem necessary that it would not work. I don't know what else could be the problem...?

Did that work for you, RicoLX?

Hmm, yep it worked for me. 

Hey, curious Question:  On your phones, what are your pop-up setting under the browser settings?  I currently hve mine set to not allow pop-ups.  I wonder if this is part of some of the issues? I am not sure if what we re seeing when clicking a button at the phone level is actually a 'pop-up' but if its blocked..  (just a thought)..

Message 17 of 63
Master

Alright, awesome. Glad I could help. Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 63
Professor

Wild Banchi wrote:

Alright, awesome. Glad I could help. Smiley Happy

... and YET you see, Wild Banchi and Ann154.  THAT calls for a KOODo!! On its way! Thanks for your help guys!

Message 19 of 63
Master

Oh, wow... *insert whistle here* Smiley Very Happy

But you're welcome, RicoLX. Thanks for the kudo!

Message 20 of 63
Master

Yes thanks for the kudo, RicoLX. My third one! Smiley Happy Smiley Very Happy
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 21 of 63
Master

A good link for android 101.

http://www.androidcentral.com/tips
Message 22 of 63
Professor

Ann154 wrote:
A good link for android 101.

http://www.androidcentral.com/tips

Very good link, i have  bookmarked it and just browsed it. Thanks  Ann154!!   Someone also showed me this link AndroidForums.com  Its good to   browse once we've gotten deeper into our phones and looking for suggested apps to install. I found some good poins regarding security and file manager type apps...

Message 23 of 63
Professor

Ann154 wrote:
Yes thanks for the kudo, RicoLX. My third one! Smiley Happy Smiley Very Happy

You are so welcome Ann154!

Message 24 of 63
Professor

You guys can sure tell i am totally a noobie to the Android world.  I have been scanning the Android Market for some things to load on my phone (WIld Banchi, that was a sweet deal, not buying this phone thru ATT, so much space and absolutely no ATT bloat on this thing)..

REgarding the Android Market.  I thought I could use paypal to purchase items until finding that paypal is "coming soon" as a payment option.   Cant wait  (im still leary about attaching my credit card online.. lol )

Message 25 of 63
Master

Yes, no AT&T "bloatware" would be a great thing. There's a bunch of applications on my Captivate that I will never use like "AT&T Navigator", etc. I also have yet to research some more on the full things Android has to offer. I really like Android. It seems to be a great hit among many people on the major different carriers.

Message 26 of 63
Master

I don't have a lot of space of my phone for applications, but I do have a few favorites. Not all of these on currently on my phone, but they have been installed at some point in the last year.

More apps to check out. I'll let you search and see what they are/do. Most are free though. Some I found on my own, but others were recommended.

Androidify
Estrongs file explorer
Clockr
Clockr Evolution (paid)
Download all files by HwkRbbt Software
Dolphin Browser HD
Movies by Flixster
Aldiko Book Reader
Google Maps (and its included free Navigation)
Launcher Pro
Real Signal
GPS Test
Mahjong by Magma Mobile
Line Up by LabPixies
CircleLauncher light

Of course as I have mentioned before
Sensorly Map Viewer

And check for updates to the Google Apps.
Message 27 of 63
Professor

Cool, I have a few of those apps. ES File Explorer, ES Security Guard, Launcher Pro, and a few others. The phone came with google maps. I saved your list and will enjoy looking these up!
Message 28 of 63
Professor

The best thing about our phone's os is we can change things up where the phone becomes 'new' again, lol. Youll love toying with it when you get some time.
Message 29 of 63
Master

You mean like going from android 1.5 to 2.1. Then use the stock android UI and later Launcher Pro. Starting all over after arranging an upgrade to an unofficial FroYo build and had to learn the settings all over again. All over the space of 16 months. Yep I got a "new" phone in the same package as the old one. Smiley Very Happy
Message 30 of 63
Share this topic
Announcements

Learn how connect your AT&T holiday gifts at Unwrapped on Wednesday, 12/27 (1-4pm ET)!

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Additional Support