Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 19, 2011
3:47:23 PM
View profile
Who Likes Their Android?

After having a Samsung Captivate delivered to me on Valentine's Day, I cannot help to admit that I really like Android. The OS is great, and so are the phones! Google has done a superb job on this addition to the smartphone and tablet world. Many people seem to be satisfied among many different carriers.

So, who likes their Android phone/tablet? Are there and fellow Androiders out there?

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

After having a Samsung Captivate delivered to me on Valentine's Day, I cannot help to admit that I really like Android. The OS is great, and so are the phones! Google has done a superb job on this addition to the smartphone and tablet world. Many people seem to be satisfied among many different carriers.

So, who likes their Android phone/tablet? Are there and fellow Androiders out there?

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Who Likes Their Android?

62 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(62)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 21, 2011 3:53:06 AM
(0)
Professor

Yup! you just described a brand  new baby cellphone!!!

Yup! you just described a brand  new baby cellphone!!!

Me and My DELL Streak (TED-III)

Re: Who Likes Their Android?

31 of 63 (369 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 5:34:41 AM
(0)
Professor

Loving my Atrix!!

Loving my Atrix!!

32 of 63 (343 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 5:42:50 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Berzerker wrote:

Loving my Atrix!!

Great to hear! Welcome to the "Android experience"!

Berzerker wrote:

Loving my Atrix!!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

33 of 63 (341 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 11:58:11 AM
(0)
Professor

Wild Banchi wrote:

Berzerker wrote:

Loving my Atrix!!

Just like we all just sneeked downstairs on xmas morning and saw our androids! waiting for us!!!!

Wild Banchi wrote:

Berzerker wrote:

Loving my Atrix!!

Just like we all just sneeked downstairs on xmas morning and saw our androids! waiting for us!!!!

34 of 63 (319 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 3:52:15 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

RicoLX wrote:

Wild Banchi wrote:

Berzerker wrote:

Loving my Atrix!!

Mine was actually a "Valentine's Day" present, if you could call it that. Ironically, I received my Captivate in the mail on Cupid's Day. I was overjoyed to get it. I sure was feelin' the love. Smiley Very Happy

RicoLX wrote:

Wild Banchi wrote:

Berzerker wrote:

Loving my Atrix!!

Mine was actually a "Valentine's Day" present, if you could call it that. Ironically, I received my Captivate in the mail on Cupid's Day. I was overjoyed to get it. I sure was feelin' the love. Smiley Very Happy

35 of 63 (314 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 5:09:01 PM
(0)
Professor
WB I remember when you got yur Captivate android. We were both mourning over in the Cellphone Simetery when our older phones croaked at the same time. Cool that we made great choices on the android
WB I remember when you got yur Captivate android. We were both mourning over in the Cellphone Simetery when our older phones croaked at the same time. Cool that we made great choices on the android

36 of 63 (305 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 5:23:23 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

RicoLX wrote:

Right! I am really satisfied with my Captivate. I pretty much like everything about it, except there is no flash for the camera (Mythic DID have), no voice commands (Mythic also had), the keyboard is kind of clumsy, and the largeness of the phone. But it does feel good and solid in the hand.

When the time comes, I will probably get another Android phone. Android has been a hit since the time of the Motorola Backflip, and continues to be an idol for the other operating systems, maybe even Apple's iOS itself. Course, I use both on a regular basis, and I like them about the same.

RicoLX wrote:

Right! I am really satisfied with my Captivate. I pretty much like everything about it, except there is no flash for the camera (Mythic DID have), no voice commands (Mythic also had), the keyboard is kind of clumsy, and the largeness of the phone. But it does feel good and solid in the hand.

When the time comes, I will probably get another Android phone. Android has been a hit since the time of the Motorola Backflip, and continues to be an idol for the other operating systems, maybe even Apple's iOS itself. Course, I use both on a regular basis, and I like them about the same.

37 of 63 (300 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 30, 2011 2:33:42 AM
(0)
Professor

Wild Banchi wrote:

RicoLX wrote:

Wow, i looked at the Captivate "Unboxing" and features using 2.2 on Youtube! That is one nice ANDROID

Wild Banchi wrote:

RicoLX wrote:

Wow, i looked at the Captivate "Unboxing" and features using 2.2 on Youtube! That is one nice ANDROID

38 of 63 (247 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 31, 2011 2:14:32 PM
(0)
Mentor

I liked my Nexus One when I got it, and even thought it was a wise decision I made paying $529 to get it unlocked to be used on AT&T.

But now, after a year of constant issues I think its not worth paying more to "be the first to get Android updates" which Google showed they dont care when the Nexus S was launched.

I'd rather get a phone from AT&T and save some money, dont care for latest updates anymore.

Overall, Android has been a good experience, does a lot of things that its competitors cant, will definitely stay with Android for the distant future.

I liked my Nexus One when I got it, and even thought it was a wise decision I made paying $529 to get it unlocked to be used on AT&T.

But now, after a year of constant issues I think its not worth paying more to "be the first to get Android updates" which Google showed they dont care when the Nexus S was launched.

I'd rather get a phone from AT&T and save some money, dont care for latest updates anymore.

Overall, Android has been a good experience, does a lot of things that its competitors cant, will definitely stay with Android for the distant future.

39 of 63 (210 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 31, 2011 8:04:40 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

dagarwal313 wrote:

Yeah, it sure seems that when the manufacturers release something new, they are all over it - marketing, prepping, and making it seem to be the best possible material, whether it's a phone, computer, car, etc. In this case, it seems that Google and Android are late to release updates and fix minor issues for the Nexus One and such.

It sounds like the "Android experience" has you hooked, also. Glad to hear that you are enjoying Android as a whole, despite a few perks! Smiley Happy

dagarwal313 wrote:

Yeah, it sure seems that when the manufacturers release something new, they are all over it - marketing, prepping, and making it seem to be the best possible material, whether it's a phone, computer, car, etc. In this case, it seems that Google and Android are late to release updates and fix minor issues for the Nexus One and such.

It sounds like the "Android experience" has you hooked, also. Glad to hear that you are enjoying Android as a whole, despite a few perks! Smiley Happy

40 of 63 (201 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2011 6:27:39 AM
(0)
Professor

its got ME hooked...

..havent put my streak down in 5 days now..

no sleep..too much fun..Smiley Wink

its got ME hooked...

..havent put my streak down in 5 days now..

no sleep..too much fun..Smiley Wink

41 of 63 (250 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2011 5:55:05 PM
(0)
Master
I

Wild Banchi wrote:

Ann154 wrote:
Posted From HTC Desire
Someone really needs to fix these mobile posting from "signatures"  A Dell Streak is nowhere close to an HTC Desire. Smiley Sad
An HTC Glacier also doesn't equal an HTC Aria or my preferred phone.
I love SwiftKey keyboard for Android!
Why dosen't the enter button work on the rich text editor? Ugh!

I agree, the signatures are completely screwed up. Fortunately, when I post from my Captivate, it reads "Posted from Samsung I987", which is the phone's model number. When I post from my iPod Touch, it also reads "Posted from Apple iPod Touch". It seems that I am one of the lucky ones. Smiley Wink But I'm sure if I were posting from a Streak/Aria/EVO, etc. then it would say the same exact thing you guys are seeing.

I was looking through some of my old posts and I noticed that posts made from either of my phones have been listed as being posted from a HTC Legend, HTC Glacier and most recently a HTC Magic. None of them are right except for the manufacturer. Smiley Sad
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
I

Wild Banchi wrote:

Ann154 wrote:
Posted From HTC Desire
Someone really needs to fix these mobile posting from "signatures"  A Dell Streak is nowhere close to an HTC Desire. Smiley Sad
An HTC Glacier also doesn't equal an HTC Aria or my preferred phone.
I love SwiftKey keyboard for Android!
Why dosen't the enter button work on the rich text editor? Ugh!

I agree, the signatures are completely screwed up. Fortunately, when I post from my Captivate, it reads "Posted from Samsung I987", which is the phone's model number. When I post from my iPod Touch, it also reads "Posted from Apple iPod Touch". It seems that I am one of the lucky ones. Smiley Wink But I'm sure if I were posting from a Streak/Aria/EVO, etc. then it would say the same exact thing you guys are seeing.

I was looking through some of my old posts and I noticed that posts made from either of my phones have been listed as being posted from a HTC Legend, HTC Glacier and most recently a HTC Magic. None of them are right except for the manufacturer. Smiley Sad
Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

42 of 63 (242 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2011 6:01:18 PM
(0)
Professor
Hi Ann
Pamelaz fixed my sig Smiley Very Happy
Hi Ann
Pamelaz fixed my sig Smiley Very Happy

43 of 63 (239 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2011 6:08:17 PM
(0)
Master
That is a definite improvement from the HTC Desire it was listing. Smiley Happy

Now to get the rest of "Posted from" signatures fixed. Smiley Sad

44 of 63 (230 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 3, 2011 9:14:39 AM
(0)
Professor

Ann154 wrote:

Send a message to Pamelaz (modertor).  She knows her stuff.    Did your android have 1.6 while posting then got upgraded to 2.2 like recently?

Ann154 wrote:

Send a message to Pamelaz (modertor).  She knows her stuff.    Did your android have 1.6 while posting then got upgraded to 2.2 like recently?

45 of 63 (216 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 3, 2011 9:29:24 AM
(0)
Master
Nah. Not really worth the effort.

Started on here with stock 2.1 and currently running a custom 2.2.1 ROM. Debating an upgrade to a custom Gingerbread CM7 ROM.

The HTC Aria arrived with 2.1 and officially upgraded to FroYo 2.2.2 a week later.
Nah. Not really worth the effort.

Started on here with stock 2.1 and currently running a custom 2.2.1 ROM. Debating an upgrade to a custom Gingerbread CM7 ROM.

The HTC Aria arrived with 2.1 and officially upgraded to FroYo 2.2.2 a week later.

46 of 63 (212 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 3, 2011 9:47:04 AM
(0)
Professor

I think that might be what occurs when we updated midstream, somehow the reference to our phone get out of sync after an update, thus the posted from HTC Desire, etc happens.

I think that might be what occurs when we updated midstream, somehow the reference to our phone get out of sync after an update, thus the posted from HTC Desire, etc happens.

47 of 63 (207 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2011 3:35:23 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by RicoLX on Apr 28, 2011 at 3:37:25 PM

Wild Banchi wrote:

You can tell from one other post.... what girlfriend? or wifey who??!?   I'm taking my ANDROID on a date THIS weekend!

Wild Banchi wrote:

You can tell from one other post.... what girlfriend? or wifey who??!?   I'm taking my ANDROID on a date THIS weekend!

[ Edited ]
48 of 63 (147 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2011 6:16:27 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
That sure sounds like it shall be one heck of a good time, for sure! Smiley Very Happy

Dinner's on "TED III" - oh wait - there's an app for that. Smiley Wink

That sure sounds like it shall be one heck of a good time, for sure! Smiley Very Happy

Dinner's on "TED III" - oh wait - there's an app for that. Smiley Wink

49 of 63 (138 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2011 6:27:12 PM
(0)
Professor
Lol now. Woulnt thhhhat ne. Cool if the android could pop out a burger and fries like they do in the movies.
Lol now. Woulnt thhhhat ne. Cool if the android could pop out a burger and fries like they do in the movies.

50 of 63 (136 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2011 7:14:12 AM
(0)
Professor
Edited by RicoLX on Apr 30, 2011 at 7:37:05 AM

RicoLX wrote:

WOW, i was trying out a bluetooth keyboard when posting this message. I guess i should have looked at the screen instead of focusing on the keys.  looks like holding down the keys on that tiny thing reacts same as a regular keyboard , repeated characters. Thing is, the keys on it so small, its hard to know that you're holding it down longer than need be.

RicoLX wrote:

WOW, i was trying out a bluetooth keyboard when posting this message. I guess i should have looked at the screen instead of focusing on the keys.  looks like holding down the keys on that tiny thing reacts same as a regular keyboard , repeated characters. Thing is, the keys on it so small, its hard to know that you're holding it down longer than need be.

[ Edited ]
51 of 63 (180 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2011 11:26:27 AM
(0)
Master
THAT is a TINY keyboard!
THAT is a TINY keyboard!

52 of 63 (171 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2011 11:52:54 AM
(0)
Professor
Yes it sure is. Cute little thing too, it fits into this zipped case I carry the phone in too. I thought id use it alot , more than the onscreen keys......but im hooked on swype. Smiley Very Happy
Yes it sure is. Cute little thing too, it fits into this zipped case I carry the phone in too. I thought id use it alot , more than the onscreen keys......but im hooked on swype. Smiley Very Happy

53 of 63 (168 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2011 1:28:48 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Swype sure is nice. When I first got my Captivate, I thought I would use Swype all the time instead of the regular onscreen QWERTY keyboard for which I am used to. Funny though, I have found the traditional typing to be much easier than using Swype. Maybe I just need a little more practice at it...or maybe I'm just going to stick with what I am used to. It's good to try new things, as they say. Smiley Wink

Swype sure is nice. When I first got my Captivate, I thought I would use Swype all the time instead of the regular onscreen QWERTY keyboard for which I am used to. Funny though, I have found the traditional typing to be much easier than using Swype. Maybe I just need a little more practice at it...or maybe I'm just going to stick with what I am used to. It's good to try new things, as they say. Smiley Wink

54 of 63 (164 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2011 1:36:31 PM
(0)
Professor

yep, i was a staunch qwerty keyboard person my self, was going to live and die by it, but i do like this onscreen afterall.

yep, i was a staunch qwerty keyboard person my self, was going to live and die by it, but i do like this onscreen afterall.

55 of 63 (162 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2011 1:59:05 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

I have always liked virtual keyboards, even though my first AT&T phone was a slide-out physical LG Neon.

I have a Android savior story for you guys...

Well, I was just about to get into the car earlier today and I had my phone out with me in my hand. When opening the door, that sneaky Captivate managed to slip from my grasp...and hit the pavement. Now, it's a good thing I have a case on this (an OtterBox Impact Series, to be exact!), because it would have suffered pretty badly if bare. It took a hard fall on the cement, hitting the lower right corner of the phone first, then the left lower and then the right upper. This is the first time I have ever dropped my Captivate. Luckily, it landed face-up, underneath the car. There were some "chalk marks" on the rubberized material, and that shows that the OtterBox did the job right! It was about a two foot fall. Whew! That was close!

I have always liked virtual keyboards, even though my first AT&T phone was a slide-out physical LG Neon.

I have a Android savior story for you guys...

Well, I was just about to get into the car earlier today and I had my phone out with me in my hand. When opening the door, that sneaky Captivate managed to slip from my grasp...and hit the pavement. Now, it's a good thing I have a case on this (an OtterBox Impact Series, to be exact!), because it would have suffered pretty badly if bare. It took a hard fall on the cement, hitting the lower right corner of the phone first, then the left lower and then the right upper. This is the first time I have ever dropped my Captivate. Luckily, it landed face-up, underneath the car. There were some "chalk marks" on the rubberized material, and that shows that the OtterBox did the job right! It was about a two foot fall. Whew! That was close!

56 of 63 (161 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2011 2:04:34 PM
(0)
Master
Whew, is right!
Whew, is right!

57 of 63 (157 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2011 2:07:10 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by RicoLX on Apr 30, 2011 at 2:08:42 PM

I second that "Emotion". .WB you surely dont want to have to spend time mourning over in Cellphone SIMetery so soon, right?  Smiley SurprisedSmiley Sad

Pssst... Ann(droid154).. hes ' only 6 away....

I second that "Emotion". .WB you surely dont want to have to spend time mourning over in Cellphone SIMetery so soon, right?  Smiley SurprisedSmiley Sad

Pssst... Ann(droid154).. hes ' only 6 away....

[ Edited ]
58 of 63 (155 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2011 2:16:19 PM
(0)
Master
Five Smiley Wink