Who Likes Their Android?

Master

Who Likes Their Android?

After having a Samsung Captivate delivered to me on Valentine's Day, I cannot help to admit that I really like Android. The OS is great, and so are the phones! Google has done a superb job on this addition to the smartphone and tablet world. Many people seem to be satisfied among many different carriers.

So, who likes their Android phone/tablet? Are there and fellow Androiders out there?

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 1 of 63 (960 Views)
Professor

Re: Who Likes Their Android?

Fellow Androider here! I got my android phone just a week ago (3/9). I am glad 8
Message 2 of 63 (853 Views)
Professor

Message 3 of 63 (852 Views)
Professor

Didnt realize I posted before done. I am glad I switched to android from Windows Mobille 6.5. I agree, Google did a great job with some of it's services. My phone is very customizable, nothing like windows Phone (or is it win7). Its much faster than my old tilt and tons of free apps to choose and set your phone up that tailored to your style and use instead of a "cookie cutter" phone thats propriertarized.

Yes, I am an Androider ! Thanks for this string!
Message 4 of 63 (837 Views)
Master

How did I know you had an Android-powered Dell Streak? Smiley Wink Yes, Android is great. Here so far are two satisfied Android users. Are there any more out there that are unheard from, possibly? Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 63 (825 Views)
Master

[ Edited ]

Me. Me. Got two android phones. One on the carrier I want to stay with and the one with the AT&T logo that I can't complete use until AT&T transitions my service. Smiley Sad

Oh and I want a XOOM! Smiley Sad No Money for it though. Smiley Sad

Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 63 (818 Views)
Master

[ Edited ]
Posted From HTC Desire
Someone really needs to fix these mobile posting from "signatures"  A Dell Streak is nowhere close to an HTC Desire. Smiley Sad
An HTC Glacier also doesn't equal an HTC Aria or my preferred phone.
I love SwiftKey keyboard for Android!
Why dosen't the enter button work on the rich text editor? Ugh!
Message 7 of 63 (812 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

Ann154 wrote:

Me. Me. Got two android phones. One on the carrier I want to stay with and the one with the AT&T logo that I can't complete use until AT&T transitions my service. Smiley Sad

Oh and I want a XOOM! Smiley Sad No Money for it though. Smiley Sad

COOL! THREE happy Androids!!!

Smiley MSN Emoticon space critter 047.gifSmiley MSN Emoticon space bot 046.gifSmiley MSN Emoticon robot 191.gifHi Ann154: You noticed that too? Pamelez the moderator knows about it and she is having the tags looked into.  Yes i like that swiftkey too.   OH, i too noticed cant reply using the "full site or desktop mode" i have to use the mobile load then respond. otherwise that button doesnt work to allow rich test entry.

WildBanchi, didnt you post recently that yours got resolved regarding the rich text posting issue?

Message 8 of 63 (802 Views)
Master

RicoLX,
You have to switch the tab in the editor view to Html instead of "rich text" to post in full desktop mode on your phone.
Message 9 of 63 (786 Views)
Master

Ann154 wrote:
Posted From HTC Desire
Someone really needs to fix these mobile posting from "signatures"  A Dell Streak is nowhere close to an HTC Desire. Smiley Sad
An HTC Glacier also doesn't equal an HTC Aria or my preferred phone.
I love SwiftKey keyboard for Android!
Why dosen't the enter button work on the rich text editor? Ugh!

I agree, the signatures are completely screwed up. Fortunately, when I post from my Captivate, it reads "Posted from Samsung I987", which is the phone's model number. When I post from my iPod Touch, it also reads "Posted from Apple iPod Touch". It seems that I am one of the lucky ones. Smiley Wink But I'm sure if I were posting from a Streak/Aria/EVO, etc. then it would say the same exact thing you guys are seeing.

Message 10 of 63 (777 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]
It must be some setting causing the action. I can "edit" after posting because the key board pops up. But a new reply never selects the input box. Hmmmmmm
Message 11 of 63 (492 Views)
Professor

Ann154 wrote:
RicoLX,
You have to switch the tab in the editor view to Html instead of "rich text" to post in full desktop mode on your phone.

Yep, I've done that too.  I switch to the HTML tab, then touch the input box below.  The entire box turns a pale orange for a second (as if it recognized the selection). but the box never allows input.  I can hit the "post" button and , of course it post blank like you see above... lol

Message 12 of 63 (492 Views)
Master

Ann154 wrote:
RicoLX,

Correct. Then you are able to type in the "HTML" box and switch back to "Rich Text" to make the font the same size in the final post.

I am posting in "HTML" right now and I can enter the "Enter" sign. I have found the trick to make enters or paragraphs as I have done above. Here are the instructions...

Type in "HTML". If you want to make an enter in your post or create separate paragraphs, press the "Enter" key as normal, but then on the new line you have to type a "<" "/" "p" ">", < / p > (Without the quotation marks, of course. No spaces, also.)

When you type that with no spaces in between, you can create paragraphs instead of one long unseparated post. If you want to make a space in between the paragraphs like I am, type in "HTML" then switch to "Rich Text". You will notice that they are separated, but there are no spaces. Just simply switch back to "HTML" from "Rich Text" and back to "Rich Text", and you will have spaces.

I hope this helps.

Message 13 of 63 (483 Views)
Professor

Well whaddaya know! That woiked! Like a new toy all over again! Smiley Very Happy
Message 14 of 63 (477 Views)
Master

When I posted about the enter button not working, I was posting from a computer and using the rich text editor. When I would preview the post, the paragraphs would disappear.

I only see this issue on this forum and not on the other forum.
Message 15 of 63 (470 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.