Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 25, 2011
6:36:03 AM
White iPhone 4 to release this week.

I'm sure you all have read the rumors like I have. I have called Apple a few times over the past several months to get any info I can about the white iPhone 4 and I always get the same info, we don't have any information when or if the white iPhone 4 will be released. I called this morning and got this reply; I can't comment on that at this time. I made this comment back, you can't comment because you don't have any info or you can't comment because Apple has told you not to. He laughed and said that Apple will not allow anyone to break any news regarding a new product. My reply; so you are launching the white iPhone, but you can't comment, right? He replied, just go to our website and you'll see something shortly.

I'm sure you all have read the rumors like I have. I have called Apple a few times over the past several months to get any info I can about the white iPhone 4 and I always get the same info, we don't have any information when or if the white iPhone 4 will be released. I called this morning and got this reply; I can't comment on that at this time. I made this comment back, you can't comment because you don't have any info or you can't comment because Apple has told you not to. He laughed and said that Apple will not allow anyone to break any news regarding a new product. My reply; so you are launching the white iPhone, but you can't comment, right? He replied, just go to our website and you'll see something shortly.

White iPhone 4 to release this week.

18 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(18)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 25, 2011 5:44:34 PM
(0)
Professor

I thought that the going rumor was that the white iPhone 4 would be out on the 27th and that the Apple stores have them now.  That would line up with your phone call.

I thought that the going rumor was that the white iPhone 4 would be out on the 27th and that the Apple stores have them now.  That would line up with your phone call.

Re: White iPhone 4 to release this week.

2 of 19 (725 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 25, 2011 8:51:02 PM
(0)
Professor

~~~HaHa~~~ the Famous none existing White Iphone 4. midas well wait until June might be the Iphone 5. just saying. i am eligible for a UP Grade.

~~~HaHa~~~ the Famous none existing White Iphone 4. midas well wait until June might be the Iphone 5. just saying. i am eligible for a UP Grade.

hello!!!

3 of 19 (715 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 26, 2011 12:09:05 PM
(0)
Teacher

Hopefully tomorrow.....

Hopefully tomorrow.....

4 of 19 (647 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 26, 2011 12:36:34 PM
(0)
Guru

rodeogirl07 wrote:

Hopefully tomorrow.....

I called 3 AT&T Retaile Stores today and all 3 confirmed that they have received shipments of the white iPhone 4, but Apple has not given them a date on when they can sell them. After finding this info out, I called Apple and they are still acting like all of this is nothing but rumors and speculation. Come on Apple, why continue to sit on this info when your retailers have it ready to sell?

I finally get what Apple does to it's customers. We the customers are sharks and all Apple does it put a few drops of blood in the watch and watch us go into a frenzy.

rodeogirl07 wrote:

Hopefully tomorrow.....

I called 3 AT&T Retaile Stores today and all 3 confirmed that they have received shipments of the white iPhone 4, but Apple has not given them a date on when they can sell them. After finding this info out, I called Apple and they are still acting like all of this is nothing but rumors and speculation. Come on Apple, why continue to sit on this info when your retailers have it ready to sell?

I finally get what Apple does to it's customers. We the customers are sharks and all Apple does it put a few drops of blood in the watch and watch us go into a frenzy.

5 of 19 (634 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 26, 2011 2:29:32 PM
(0)
Professor

jjforau wrote:

And you feed the freenzy by stalking a piece of hardware.  Granted it's no different than psycho parents going nuts over the latest "gotta have it" toy during the holiday season.

Humans sure are a weird bunch... just wait a few days/weeks and there will be sufficient supply.  In many cases at a cheaper price, granted Apple would never think of doing something like lowering the price.

jjforau wrote:

And you feed the freenzy by stalking a piece of hardware.  Granted it's no different than psycho parents going nuts over the latest "gotta have it" toy during the holiday season.

Humans sure are a weird bunch... just wait a few days/weeks and there will be sufficient supply.  In many cases at a cheaper price, granted Apple would never think of doing something like lowering the price.

6 of 19 (618 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 26, 2011 3:47:04 PM
(0)
Guru

satchev wrote:

jjforau wrote:

I realize I feed the frenzy and I'm okay with that. You do realize us white iPhone fans have been waiting 10 months, so now that it's almost here, we are getting a little excited, right?

satchev wrote:

jjforau wrote:

I realize I feed the frenzy and I'm okay with that. You do realize us white iPhone fans have been waiting 10 months, so now that it's almost here, we are getting a little excited, right?

7 of 19 (604 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 26, 2011 4:35:26 PM
(0)
Professor

jjforau wrote:

You do realize us white iPhone fans have been waiting 10 months, so now that it's almost here, we are getting a little excited, right?

Yes, I fully understand that.  I also understand that if you wanted a white (or purple, green, pink, or fuschia) iPhone, you've had 10 months to buy a case in the appropriate color.

I'm not trying to diminish your desire for a device in the color of your choosing, I'm just simply stating, "It is a freakin' phone, who cares what color it is?". That being said, it's your money, it's your choice... do what you want.  I'm sure you'll enjoy the white one more the black one.  Smiley Happy  Wow... that came out as racist and was not even intended to be that way in the slightest.

jjforau wrote:

You do realize us white iPhone fans have been waiting 10 months, so now that it's almost here, we are getting a little excited, right?

Yes, I fully understand that.  I also understand that if you wanted a white (or purple, green, pink, or fuschia) iPhone, you've had 10 months to buy a case in the appropriate color.

I'm not trying to diminish your desire for a device in the color of your choosing, I'm just simply stating, "It is a freakin' phone, who cares what color it is?". That being said, it's your money, it's your choice... do what you want.  I'm sure you'll enjoy the white one more the black one.  Smiley Happy  Wow... that came out as racist and was not even intended to be that way in the slightest.

8 of 19 (593 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 26, 2011 4:54:38 PM
(0)
Guru

satchev wrote:

jjforau wrote:

What may seem not so important to you, is important to me. I owned a white otterbox case and I prefer the white iPhone, but that's just me. Different strokes for different folks

satchev wrote:

jjforau wrote:

What may seem not so important to you, is important to me. I owned a white otterbox case and I prefer the white iPhone, but that's just me. Different strokes for different folks

9 of 19 (588 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 26, 2011 5:06:27 PM
(0)
Master

graphite07 wrote:

If rumors are true,  there isn't going to be an iPhone 5 till Sep. or maybe even later.

graphite07 wrote:

If rumors are true,  there isn't going to be an iPhone 5 till Sep. or maybe even later.

10 of 19 (583 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2011 5:53:29 AM
(0)
Professor

Now everyone can go crazy (those that have been waiting for the ellusive white iPhone).

On Apple's homepage:  "iPhone 4 available in white Tomorrow."

Now everyone can go crazy (those that have been waiting for the ellusive white iPhone).

On Apple's homepage:  "iPhone 4 available in white Tomorrow."

11 of 19 (554 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2011 7:47:26 AM
(0)
Professor
I just wonder how many people are going to jump on locking into a new 2 year contract now just to get a white one with a new iPhone likely coming out later this year.

BTW, get ready for the following posts:

I bought a black iPhone over 30 days ago, but wanted a white one. Will ATT let me exchange it?

Does the white iPhone have the secret antenna fix?
I just wonder how many people are going to jump on locking into a new 2 year contract now just to get a white one with a new iPhone likely coming out later this year.

I bought a black iPhone over 30 days ago, but wanted a white one. Will ATT let me exchange it?

12 of 19 (546 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2011 10:37:49 AM
(0)
Guru

dwill05 wrote:

Or "I want the white iPhone but AT&T won't let me early upgrade" and the hundreds of times we'll read the word "loyal". Smiley Indifferent

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

dwill05 wrote:

Or "I want the white iPhone but AT&T won't let me early upgrade" and the hundreds of times we'll read the word "loyal". Smiley Indifferent

13 of 19 (533 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2011 2:07:58 PM
(0)
Professor

that's OK if apple releases a new Iphone in spetmber or october that will be fine with me. then i can upgrade all of my lines in the same month...

that's OK if apple releases a new Iphone in spetmber or october that will be fine with me. then i can upgrade all of my lines in the same month...

hello!!!

14 of 19 (506 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2011 6:23:16 PM
(0)
Master

Virtual wrote:

dwill05 wrote:

That'd be sheer "stupidity" if that should be the case (customers locking themselves into a new two-year contract with their new WHITE iPhone 4 instead of the iPhone 5). Just saying, it's kind of common sense...

Not to mention, "This isn't fair. AT&T is a horrible company that doesn't care about it's customers. I have been with them for _____ weeks/months/years and I deserve to get a white iPhone without paying a dime."

Don't even get me started on the word "loyal"... Smiley Wink

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Virtual wrote:

dwill05 wrote:

That'd be sheer "stupidity" if that should be the case (customers locking themselves into a new two-year contract with their new WHITE iPhone 4 instead of the iPhone 5). Just saying, it's kind of common sense...

Not to mention, "This isn't fair. AT&T is a horrible company that doesn't care about it's customers. I have been with them for _____ weeks/months/years and I deserve to get a white iPhone without paying a dime."

Don't even get me started on the word "loyal"... Smiley Wink

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

15 of 19 (477 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2011 4:21:48 AM
(0)
Mentor
I didn't have to wait for one. Go to decalgirl.com they have decals for every phone and my black iPhone 4 is now white!
I didn't have to wait for one. Go to decalgirl.com they have decals for every phone and my black iPhone 4 is now white!

16 of 19 (437 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2011 7:51:00 AM
(0)
Guru

Wild Banchi wrote:

Virtual wrote:

dwill05 wrote:

LOL--"stupidity" knows no bounds/limits of any kind...especially given the superficial society that we live in today.  But hey, we also live in a materialistic society as well...so more power to these folks as to how they choose to spend their money.

Wild Banchi wrote:

Virtual wrote:

dwill05 wrote:

LOL--"stupidity" knows no bounds/limits of any kind...especially given the superficial society that we live in today.  But hey, we also live in a materialistic society as well...so more power to these folks as to how they choose to spend their money.

17 of 19 (419 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2011 2:54:33 PM
(0)
Master

Apparently, the white iPhone 4 is now available - I received an e-mail from Apple this morning. Since I cannot copy the content/image, I will just post what the message says...

Finally.

The amazing iPhone 4.

Now available in white.

Buy Online

Order from the Apple Online Store, and we'll ship it free, directly to your door.

Buy at the Apple Retail Store

Visit your favorite Apple Retail Store, and we'll set it up just the way you like.

There was also an image of the iPhone 4 shown in white in the e-mail.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Apparently, the white iPhone 4 is now available - I received an e-mail from Apple this morning. Since I cannot copy the content/image, I will just post what the message says...

Finally.

The amazing iPhone 4.

Now available in white.

Buy Online

Order from the Apple Online Store, and we'll ship it free, directly to your door.

Buy at the Apple Retail Store

Visit your favorite Apple Retail Store, and we'll set it up just the way you like.

There was also an image of the iPhone 4 shown in white in the e-mail.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

18 of 19 (394 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 29, 2011 10:11:11 AM
(0)
Voyager

I was one of the few that bought the white Iphone 4 knowing the 5 MAY come out in Sept.  With all the unknowns regarding what it will look like and whether it will be a "game changer", I don't feel it was stupid to buy the white Iphone 4.  I did not buy the Iphone 4 when it originally came out because I really wanted the white one.

So what if IPhone 5 comes out this Sept - the 6 will be probably on it's heels in 2012 and I can get that one then.

I was one of the few that bought the white Iphone 4 knowing the 5 MAY come out in Sept.  With all the unknowns regarding what it will look like and whether it will be a "game changer", I don't feel it was stupid to buy the white Iphone 4.  I did not buy the Iphone 4 when it originally came out because I really wanted the white one.

So what if IPhone 5 comes out this Sept - the 6 will be probably on it's heels in 2012 and I can get that one then.

19 of 19 (365 Views)