Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 17, 2011
9:19:21 AM
View profile
While on the Microcell, voicemail notifications are not working

I've been suffering for a while with the fact that voicemail notifications are not arriving on our families iPhones while we are on the 3G Microcell.  Once we leave the house we'll usually get notification after a few minutes of being on the regular cell network.

Also, calls can take up to 45 seconds to start after dialing, in some cases it just comes up 'Call Failed' instead.

I read somewhere that there was a firmware update from Cisco being deployed, but that was a few months ago, and I can't seam to find reference to that anymore. If it has been deployed, it hasn't solved our problems. we've been seeing this through several iOS updates, so I strongly discount the possibility of it being that.

Anyone else experiencing similar symptoms?

I've been suffering for a while with the fact that voicemail notifications are not arriving on our families iPhones while we are on the 3G Microcell.  Once we leave the house we'll usually get notification after a few minutes of being on the regular cell network.

Also, calls can take up to 45 seconds to start after dialing, in some cases it just comes up 'Call Failed' instead.

I read somewhere that there was a firmware update from Cisco being deployed, but that was a few months ago, and I can't seam to find reference to that anymore. If it has been deployed, it hasn't solved our problems. we've been seeing this through several iOS updates, so I strongly discount the possibility of it being that.

Anyone else experiencing similar symptoms?

While on the Microcell, voicemail notifications are not working

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2011 5:47:18 PM
(0)
Contributor

Yep I use a m-cell in my office. I have to turn off cell after a call comes in to beable to get the voice mail. If not the voice mail comes in at 6:02 pm on the dot. So that lets me know its another fine example of At&t's craapy service.

Yep I use a m-cell in my office. I have to turn off cell after a call comes in to beable to get the voice mail. If not the voice mail comes in at 6:02 pm on the dot. So that lets me know its another fine example of At&t's craapy service.

Re: While on the Microcell, voicemail notifications are not working

2 of 2 (1,039 Views)