Helpful Links

Which phone to upgrade to. Inspire 4G or atrix 4g

Which phone to upgrade to. Inspire 4G or atrix 4g

I really want to u[pgrade . I have the blackberry bold 9000. Im concerned with the data speeds. Is there any test of a rooted atrix . Speed, Benchmark, Quadrant etc. I really want to start using the phone for work and enterteinment .I want to stop bringing in my computer. any help. Also will rooting the phone void my warranty. 

Thanks masedog24

Message 1 of 8
Guru

Re: Which phone to upgrade to. Inspire 4G or atrix 4g

Message 2 of 8
Master

Yes rooting will void the warranty.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 8
Guru

With the new Atrix update, you lose root, and they haven't found away to root the update, last I heard.
Message 4 of 8
Professor

davidusr wrote:
With the new Atrix update, you lose root, and they haven't found away to root the update, last I heard.

It seems the devs have found a way to update while keeping root. If you have already updated and lost root or if you are updated and want to root, you can flash back to the firmware before the update, root, and then update while keeping root. It shouldn't take too long before the new firmware is rooted.

Message 5 of 8

i see u have he inspire ..how do u like it?  Ive been debating for a while now on what to get. inspire or atrix. with the caps on upload speeds are pretty similiar.  Have you had any problems? And is your phone rooted. Ive seen one rooted inspire on here that had some crazy speeds. 4200/1200  and 4900/1400 > Is this stuuf true. does it make that much of a difference . Thanks 

Message 6 of 8
Professor

masedog 24 wrote:

i see u have he inspire ..how do u like it?  Ive been debating for a while now on what to get. inspire or atrix. with the caps on upload speeds are pretty similiar.  Have you had any problems? And is your phone rooted. Ive seen one rooted inspire on here that had some crazy speeds. 4200/1200  and 4900/1400 > Is this stuuf true. does it make that much of a difference . Thanks 

I'm liking my Inspire. I think both the Inspire and Atrix are nice phones. I chose the Inspire for the following reasons: screen size, cost, feel and build quality, my preference of HTC Sense over Motoblur, and the Inspire having an unlocked bootloader. The Atrix has some nice specs and additional features, but none of which are useful to me. I basically just use my phone for calling, texting, and internet browsing. I don't need the dock and I don't do any gaming.

Message 7 of 8

That is pretty much all I will be doing, Have you rooted or unlocked the phone. Have you had any problems?

I heard the speaker is kinda low. Oh and how about syncing wioth my computer. Will i  have issues with that. A co-worher of mine says he cant watch movies. unless using blockbuster.  Any thoughts.

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support