Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 14, 2011
10:11:02 AM
Where's My A-List???

When upgrading via the web my FamilyTalk 550 plan to FamilyTalk 700 to make me eligible for mobile-to-any, the FamilyTalk 700 plan had a footnote next to it (shaped like a cross).  The footnote said clearly that the FamilyTalk 700 plan was A-List eligible. 

When I tried to start the A-List, I got error messages that included my plan wasn't eligible.  I called 611 and was told that A-List requires FamilyTalk 1400. 

But, the web site when I placed the order clearly showed it as eligible.  Has anyone else had this problem?  AT&T won't give me the A-List even though their own web site said I would get it with FamilyTalk 700.

When upgrading via the web my FamilyTalk 550 plan to FamilyTalk 700 to make me eligible for mobile-to-any, the FamilyTalk 700 plan had a footnote next to it (shaped like a cross).  The footnote said clearly that the FamilyTalk 700 plan was A-List eligible. 

When I tried to start the A-List, I got error messages that included my plan wasn't eligible.  I called 611 and was told that A-List requires FamilyTalk 1400. 

But, the web site when I placed the order clearly showed it as eligible.  Has anyone else had this problem?  AT&T won't give me the A-List even though their own web site said I would get it with FamilyTalk 700.

Where's My A-List???

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2011 10:55:56 AM
(0)
Expert

SolomonJ wrote:

either it is a change that has not been released as of yet or there is an error in the web page, according to the faqs the first family plan that is eligble for the A List is the 1400 minutes plan.

The only recent change that was made to family plans involve the unlimited family messaging, they added unlimited mobile to mobile calling no matter who the carrier is

SolomonJ wrote:

either it is a change that has not been released as of yet or there is an error in the web page, according to the faqs the first family plan that is eligble for the A List is the 1400 minutes plan.

The only recent change that was made to family plans involve the unlimited family messaging, they added unlimited mobile to mobile calling no matter who the carrier is

Re: Where's My A-List???

2 of 7 (4,119 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2011 12:30:10 PM
(0)
Tutor

I concur.  However, whether it is an error on their web page or a change that has not been implemented yet, they should be working towards resolving the problem.  If the web page says you will get it when you change your service plan, they should stand by that, even if their offer was a mistake.  After all, if you find an item in a store that is mismarked, they have to sell it at that mismarked price!

I concur.  However, whether it is an error on their web page or a change that has not been implemented yet, they should be working towards resolving the problem.  If the web page says you will get it when you change your service plan, they should stand by that, even if their offer was a mistake.  After all, if you find an item in a store that is mismarked, they have to sell it at that mismarked price!

3 of 7 (4,114 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2011 2:09:01 PM
(0)
Expert

SolomonJ wrote:

only if the barcodes match for that.

Have had it on my plan since inception, have yet to use it, with unlimited mobile to mobile it becones even less of a draw

SolomonJ wrote:

only if the barcodes match for that.

Have had it on my plan since inception, have yet to use it, with unlimited mobile to mobile it becones even less of a draw

4 of 7 (4,104 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2011 5:53:42 PM
(0)
Master

SolomonJ wrote:

If the web page says you will get it when you change your service plan, they should stand by that, even if their offer was a mistake.

And in an instance/mistake like this it would not fall under the Bait & Switch fraud laws.

Actually AT&T has already address that in Terms of Use.  Just about all services on the web have a similar clause:

10. PRODUCT AND SERVICE INFORMATION

AT&T does not warrant that information, graphic depictions, product and service descriptions or other content of the Sites is accurate, complete, reliable, updated, current, or error-free. Despite our efforts, it is possible that a price for a product or service offered on the Site may be inaccurate or the product or service description may contain an inaccuracy. In the event AT&T determines that a product or service contains an inaccurate price or description, AT&T reserves the right to take any action it deems reasonable and necessary, in its sole discretion, to rectify the error, including without limitation canceling your order, unless prohibited by law. AT&T may make improvements or changes to any of its content, information products, services, or programs described on the Sites at any time without notice. You agree to notify AT&T immediately if you become aware of any pricing or descriptive errors or inconsistencies with any products or services you order through the Sites and comply with any corrective action taken by AT&T.

SolomonJ wrote:

If the web page says you will get it when you change your service plan, they should stand by that, even if their offer was a mistake.

And in an instance/mistake like this it would not fall under the Bait & Switch fraud laws.

Actually AT&T has already address that in Terms of Use.  Just about all services on the web have a similar clause:

10. PRODUCT AND SERVICE INFORMATION

AT&T does not warrant that information, graphic depictions, product and service descriptions or other content of the Sites is accurate, complete, reliable, updated, current, or error-free. Despite our efforts, it is possible that a price for a product or service offered on the Site may be inaccurate or the product or service description may contain an inaccuracy. In the event AT&T determines that a product or service contains an inaccurate price or description, AT&T reserves the right to take any action it deems reasonable and necessary, in its sole discretion, to rectify the error, including without limitation canceling your order, unless prohibited by law. AT&T may make improvements or changes to any of its content, information products, services, or programs described on the Sites at any time without notice. You agree to notify AT&T immediately if you become aware of any pricing or descriptive errors or inconsistencies with any products or services you order through the Sites and comply with any corrective action taken by AT&T.

5 of 7 (4,093 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 15, 2011 2:39:28 AM
(0)
Employee

that and the fact that our systems will not allow the a-list on the price plan no matter how much I wish I could add it for you

that and the fact that our systems will not allow the a-list on the price plan no matter how much I wish I could add it for you

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 7 (4,085 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 28, 2011 7:00:09 PM
(0)
Contributor

I talked to representative on the phone today and was assured that the 700 minute plan includes the A-list. I was also told the same by an online advisor. it is clear to me that AT&T is a mess. The customer service people are either lying or are inept. I was fully prepared to add a line for the kid, but not now. I am going to dump this company as soon as my contract is up. It's no wonder AT&T is now rated at dead last in service.

I talked to representative on the phone today and was assured that the 700 minute plan includes the A-list. I was also told the same by an online advisor. it is clear to me that AT&T is a mess. The customer service people are either lying or are inept. I was fully prepared to add a line for the kid, but not now. I am going to dump this company as soon as my contract is up. It's no wonder AT&T is now rated at dead last in service.

7 of 7 (3,884 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments