Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 20, 2010
11:49:54 AM
View profile
Where is Social Hub?

All the announcements say that this phone has Samsung Social Hub but I can't find it!  I cannot get my facebook contacts to show up in my Contacts, other than the Facebook Contacts FOLDER outside of my contacts.

This phone is nothing like this:

http://socialhub.samsungmobile.com/pdf/sh_pdf_myaccount.pdf

There is no "My Account"

Help!

All the announcements say that this phone has Samsung Social Hub but I can't find it!  I cannot get my facebook contacts to show up in my Contacts, other than the Facebook Contacts FOLDER outside of my contacts.

This phone is nothing like this:

http://socialhub.samsungmobile.com/pdf/sh_pdf_myaccount.pdf

There is no "My Account"

Help!

Where is Social Hub?

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 20, 2010 1:48:01 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by pamelaz on Jul 20, 2010 at 2:20:02 PM

There is no independent application in the phone. Social hub is a service not an app. It is integrated to contact, Feeds & updates widget, and others.

[removed 3rd party link per guidelines] - pamelaz

There is no independent application in the phone. Social hub is a service not an app. It is integrated to contact, Feeds & updates widget, and others.

[removed 3rd party link per guidelines] - pamelaz

Re: Where is Social Hub?

[ Edited ]
2 of 7 (1,763 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 20, 2010 2:08:54 PM
(0)
Tutor

I know it isn't an app... but the "My Account" is absent on theATT captivate... it is not like the Samsung documentations shows. 

My facebook contacts/pics DO NOT integrate with my contacts as they should.

I know it isn't an app... but the "My Account" is absent on theATT captivate... it is not like the Samsung documentations shows. 

My facebook contacts/pics DO NOT integrate with my contacts as they should.

3 of 7 (1,757 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 20, 2010 10:31:37 PM
(0)
Guru
Edited by davidusr on Jul 20, 2010 at 10:32:49 PM

Go to settings, "accounts and sync". You can add FB and twitter there. If you use Gmail, it will all sync with your contacts. Not sure about other email services.

Go to settings, "accounts and sync". You can add FB and twitter there. If you use Gmail, it will all sync with your contacts. Not sure about other email services.

[ Edited ]
4 of 7 (1,713 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2010 3:49:03 PM
(0)
Teacher

i went there to set up my facebook, mysace and twitter and it will not let me log into my accounts.  Everytime i have tried i receivd the message "Login Failed" Try later.......any idea how to get around this so it will work?

i went there to set up my facebook, mysace and twitter and it will not let me log into my accounts.  Everytime i have tried i receivd the message "Login Failed" Try later.......any idea how to get around this so it will work?

5 of 7 (1,666 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2010 7:04:40 PM
(0)
Voyager

I cannot login to facebook via the accounts and sync menu, therefore, i cannot sync my facebook contacts in my contacts list. Everytime i try to login it says 'login failed. try again later.'

I cannot login to facebook via the accounts and sync menu, therefore, i cannot sync my facebook contacts in my contacts list. Everytime i try to login it says 'login failed. try again later.'

6 of 7 (1,378 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2010 7:14:25 AM
(0)
Master

izmir41500 wrote:

I believe that's a known bug. Keep trying and you'll eventually login.

izmir41500 wrote:

I believe that's a known bug. Keep trying and you'll eventually login.

7 of 7 (1,359 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments