Helpful Links

When will AT&T offer 3G in rural areas?

Contributor

When will AT&T offer 3G in rural areas?

While I am specifically concerned with getting 3G in Southeast Arkansas, I would like to know if I can look forward to 3G service in any rural area. Verizon has offered 3G here for quite a while but AT&T just upgraded larger towns near my home, over 50 miles away! Can you please provide some kind of schedule for making 3G available for all areas, or at least tell us you don't plan to so we can start looking at service from the competition!
Message 1 of 9
Scholar

Re: When will AT&T offer 3G in rural areas?

they have no schedule,if they do it's top secret,and no doubt the last on the list

Message 2 of 9
Scholar

eventually yes. When? No idea.

Message 3 of 9
d1h
Scholar

Ha! Been promised 3G here forever. Still waiting.
Message 4 of 9
Scholar

got that right

Message 5 of 9
Teacher

3G are you kidding.  I live 35 miles from Louisville, KY and can't even get EDGE through most of the house.  I love my IPhone but if I can't use it????  The topography map is high in the area and I even mailed them about a possible land site for a tower.  It is funny, when I was with Nextel I had service then Sprint bought them out it went to crap.  Then had Cingular and had good signal but when ATT took over the service went also.  They said nothing changed but my signal all but vanished.  Heck with 3G just build a tower and give me Edge and I would be happy.  I don't want to go to VZ but they just built a tower in the area and all of my friends have 3G,  it just stinks.

Message 6 of 9
Scholar

i just left att monday for vzw, now i have 3g, 250 message's for the same price

i was paying att for 200,and signal anywhere in the house.

Message 7 of 9
Mentor

jetson22 wrote:

3G are you kidding.  I live 35 miles from Louisville, KY and can't even get EDGE through most of the house.  I love my IPhone but if I can't use it????  The topography map is high in the area and I even mailed them about a possible land site for a tower.  It is funny, when I was with Nextel I had service then Sprint bought them out it went to crap.  Then had Cingular and had good signal but when ATT took over the service went also.  They said nothing changed but my signal all but vanished.  Heck with 3G just build a tower and give me Edge and I would be happy.  I don't want to go to VZ but they just built a tower in the area and all of my friends have 3G,  it just stinks.

No doubt.  It stinks that all the resources are going to faster speeds in urban areas and a 3G build-out that is going nowhere fast. I've been with Cingular/AT&T since 2003 and the same dead spots are there.  I hate "V", but it is looking like if you need reliable coverage in a non-urban/non-interstate corridor they are the best choice all around.  I just don't see AT&T expanding coverage much with all it will take to keep up with Verizon.

Message 8 of 9
Scholar

Same here - North Central Indiana area - Lots of spots with no coverage, period, let alone 3G.

Message 9 of 9
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?
Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

AT&T Locker is being discontinued on August 3rd. Find out what you need to do.

Additional Support