Helpful Links

When does AutoPay take money from Credit Card for Bill? Due Date? Or Statement Date?

When does AutoPay take money from Credit Card for Bill? Due Date? Or Statement Date?

Hi, When does AutoPay deduct the money from our credit cards? My next payment DUE is June 5 - will it be deducted on June 5? Or should it have already been deducted by now with AutoPay? Like, does AutoPay charge you on the actual DUE Date? Or does it charge you on the Statement Date? My fear is that June 5 will roll on by with no payment made to AT&T for my monthly bill and I'll get penalized. I got a confirmation e-mail that AutoPay was activated last year. I also just checked it again to make sure it's still activated, and my Credit Card is still there for AutoPay. But I have not recieved any payment confirmation yet and I still show a Balance Due on my account. I just want to make sure I wont miss a payment on this, since I have paperless billing and AutoPay activated - supposedly. Any ideas? Thanks
Message 1 of 10
ACE - Expert

Re: When does AutoPay take money from Credit Card for Bill? Due Date? Or Statement Date?

I use auto-pay. The money is deducted on the due date.
It will show a balance due until the payment is made.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 10

Re: When does AutoPay take money from Credit Card for Bill? Due Date? Or Statement Date?

Ok cool. Is there a way to CONFIRM that it'll be paid with Auto-Pay? I don't see Auto-Pay listed on my bill statement - it just shows the Balance to be paid and under that is a button to "Make Payment". (This is on the online site btw) Thanks.
Message 3 of 10
ACE - Expert

When I open my online account, under the amount of the bill, it says autopay will be applied on (date).
It says the same thing under "Bills and payments".
When I look at the online bill - under "Bill at a Glance" it says your bank account will be debited on (date).
Mine comes directly out of my account. I would think that the same thing would be stated for a credit card.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 10

Mine doesn't show that AutoPay will be applied. Mine only shows the "Make a Payment" button next to the amount due. I guess I should just pay it manually? I'll think I'll just wait for the Due Date to arrive. On that day, if it's not already charged, I'll just manually pay it before the end of the day. That's all I can think to do. What's weird is that it show "Manage AutoPay" in one of my account options, but there's no indication that it's going to be paid automatically. Guess we'll find out. Thanks
Message 5 of 10
Mentor

I would also suggest to you to make sure your credit card number has not change and that they have the updated card number if so. You can always contact customer care to confirm if your auto-pay is still set to go.
Message 6 of 10

Well, they DIDN'T charge my card yesterday and my account is now listed as "PAST DUE". Smiley Sad I clicked the MAKE PAYMENT button, and PAID it this morning. I'm now showing a $0.00 balance and did get payment confirmation e-mail. However, it still shows as "PAST DUE" in the little message header on my Account page, even though there is no payment currently due now. What's odd is that my Credit Card is saved in their system AS an AutoPay card... When I went to make the payment, it even popped up a message saying "Are you sure you want to use the payment method you have set up for AutoPay?" My card is obviously saved in their system as my AutoPay method, but it didn't make the AutoPayment yesterday like it was supposed to. Anyway, it's paid NOW. I BETTER NOT get penalized for this in a future bill... Or I'll be very ticked off.
Message 7 of 10
Professor

Hope you won't have another event like this. Best of luck to you.
Message 8 of 10
Employee

Its charged 3bdays before the due date
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 9 of 10
Contributor

I work in the AT&T finance dept. Autopay deducts from your account 2 days before your bill due date. If u are signed up for autopay your bill will say "your account will be debited $$ on..."
Your card info can be stored in the IVR (automated system) and NOT be on autopay, the 2 systems do not communicate. Also, if your expiration date changes on your card, your autopay will be declined. It is the customers responsibility to keep the card info current.
Message 10 of 10
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?
Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

AT&T Locker is being discontinued on August 3rd. Find out what you need to do.

Additional Support