Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 30, 2010
9:26:48 PM
When can I upgrade?

How far into my contract will I need to be to upgrade to a different phone at the discount rate besides the iphone?  I was eyeing the HTC Aria or maybe even a Blackberry but can't afford it flat out.

How far into my contract will I need to be to upgrade to a different phone at the discount rate besides the iphone?  I was eyeing the HTC Aria or maybe even a Blackberry but can't afford it flat out.

When can I upgrade?

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2010 9:43:22 PM
(0)
Professor

Usually its 18months into your contract, but may be lower depending on your line's tenure (on a 3 month average).

But, lets not speculate. If you dial *NEW# (*639#) on your device, call that number. ATT will send you a free text message with your upgrade eligibility.

I hope this helps!

Usually its 18months into your contract, but may be lower depending on your line's tenure (on a 3 month average).

But, lets not speculate. If you dial *NEW# (*639#) on your device, call that number. ATT will send you a free text message with your upgrade eligibility.

I hope this helps!

Re: When can I upgrade?

2 of 5 (365 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2010 10:08:43 PM
(0)
Tutor

Nice thanks!  Just dialed it and got an answer.  Even though my contract isn't too old (6-7 months) The message said I could upgrade with a new 2 year agreement and they would waive the $18 upgrade fee.

Nice thanks!  Just dialed it and got an answer.  Even though my contract isn't too old (6-7 months) The message said I could upgrade with a new 2 year agreement and they would waive the $18 upgrade fee.

3 of 5 (362 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 31, 2010 8:16:59 AM
(0)
Professor

Awesome, enjoy the upgrade!

Awesome, enjoy the upgrade!

4 of 5 (353 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 31, 2010 11:05:54 AM
(0)
Guru

Make sure to save & not delete that txt msg in case you run into any problems when upgrading

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

Make sure to save & not delete that txt msg in case you run into any problems when upgrading

5 of 5 (345 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments