Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 30, 2012
2:01:57 PM
When can I *really* upgrade?

I want to upgrade my iPhone to a 4S and my upgrade date is May 14.  The AT&T store said I would be able to upgrade on May 1st if I came into the store to do it.  However, Walmart has the phone for less $ but they said they cannot do an upgrade until AT&T "releases the account" for an upgrade. 

So my question is...will my account technically not be due for an upgrade until the actual contract day if I want to do it at a place other than an AT&T store?

Thanks Smiley Happy

I want to upgrade my iPhone to a 4S and my upgrade date is May 14.  The AT&T store said I would be able to upgrade on May 1st if I came into the store to do it.  However, Walmart has the phone for less $ but they said they cannot do an upgrade until AT&T "releases the account" for an upgrade. 

So my question is...will my account technically not be due for an upgrade until the actual contract day if I want to do it at a place other than an AT&T store?

Thanks Smiley Happy

When can I *really* upgrade?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2012 2:48:20 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
You can upgrade the first day of the month that you are upgrade eligible. So you can upgrade on May 1 at any place that sells AT&T phones.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
You can upgrade the first day of the month that you are upgrade eligible. So you can upgrade on May 1 at any place that sells AT&T phones.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: When can I *really* upgrade?

2 of 3 (1,379 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 1, 2012 6:26:49 PM
(0)
Professor
My experience is that you can upgrade the first of the month that you are eligible. However, until the first, your upgrade will show the actual date on ATTs servers, and as far as AT&T or anyone else is concerned, your actual date is your upgrade date. On the first of the month, your upgrade date changes on the server and you are eligible as of the first to anyone who has access to the server for checking upgrade eligibility.
My experience is that you can upgrade the first of the month that you are eligible. However, until the first, your upgrade will show the actual date on ATTs servers, and as far as AT&T or anyone else is concerned, your actual date is your upgrade date. On the first of the month, your upgrade date changes on the server and you are eligible as of the first to anyone who has access to the server for checking upgrade eligibility.

Re: When can I *really* upgrade?

3 of 3 (1,327 Views)