Posted Oct 6, 2011
11:18:06 AM
View profile
When are we charged for iPhone 4S pre-order?

Don't remember how this worked when pre-ordering iPhone 4.

When is our credit card billed for iPhone 4S pre-orders? At the time we pre-order or when the phone ships? Can the upgrade get charged to our AT&T account? Does it matter if we pre-order through AT&T or Apple?

Don't remember how this worked when pre-ordering iPhone 4.

When is our credit card billed for iPhone 4S pre-orders? At the time we pre-order or when the phone ships? Can the upgrade get charged to our AT&T account? Does it matter if we pre-order through AT&T or Apple?

When are we charged for iPhone 4S pre-order?

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2011 1:42:20 PM
(0)
Professor
Good question. which did you pre order from, Att or Apple? I was under the impression thatvwhen you place the order your card gets charged at the same time.
Good question. which did you pre order from, Att or Apple? I was under the impression thatvwhen you place the order your card gets charged at the same time.
Me and My DELL Streak (TED-III)

Re: When are we charged for iPhone 4S pre-order?

2 of 10 (3,436 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2011 1:48:28 PM
(0)

I have not yet pre-ordered iPhone 4S. I'm trying to figure out when the card is charged.

I have not yet pre-ordered iPhone 4S. I'm trying to figure out when the card is charged.

3 of 10 (3,430 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2011 2:03:27 PM
(0)
Professor
Just give them a calll as if you are preordering and ask the rep, I would think they want their money now, and then you have a prepurchased device on its way. go ahead and call at least
Just give them a calll as if you are preordering and ask the rep, I would think they want their money now, and then you have a prepurchased device on its way. go ahead and call at least
Me and My DELL Streak (TED-III)

4 of 10 (3,404 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2011 2:09:04 PM
(0)
Professor
I believe you have to provide a cc number when you order and your cc gets charged when it ships. I don't think you can just have them bill your account.
I believe you have to provide a cc number when you order and your cc gets charged when it ships. I don't think you can just have them bill your account.

5 of 10 (3,396 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2011 2:33:55 PM
(0)

Do AT&T employees monitor this board? Sorry to others replying but was hoping for an official answer.

Do AT&T employees monitor this board? Sorry to others replying but was hoping for an official answer.

6 of 10 (3,362 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2011 7:11:56 PM
(0)
Contributor

I just got off the phone with someone from ATT.   The charge occurs at the time of the pre-order.  She also mentioned that people will not be able to use debit cards for pre-orders since an authorization is done for the full amount and the card is actual billed when "the chip is activated."  She said with credit cards the charge is immediate.  I thought it would be the same for credit cards.  Also the $18 upgade gets charged to your bill. 

I just got off the phone with someone from ATT.   The charge occurs at the time of the pre-order.  She also mentioned that people will not be able to use debit cards for pre-orders since an authorization is done for the full amount and the card is actual billed when "the chip is activated."  She said with credit cards the charge is immediate.  I thought it would be the same for credit cards.  Also the $18 upgade gets charged to your bill. 

7 of 10 (3,134 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2011 7:29:03 PM
(0)
Scholar

I was told the exact same thing last year. They kept saying they couldn't use my debit Mastercard. Finally when I was about to walk the guy caved and said he would try it but couldn't guarantee it would work. Bottom line is it worked fine and I was charged when it shipped. I suspect this year is the same.

I was told the exact same thing last year. They kept saying they couldn't use my debit Mastercard. Finally when I was about to walk the guy caved and said he would try it but couldn't guarantee it would work. Bottom line is it worked fine and I was charged when it shipped. I suspect this year is the same.

8 of 10 (3,100 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 5:52:16 PM
(0)
Contributor

You are charged the day the item is shipped, since the item is not out until the 14th then you will be charged on that specific date. It told me that when I pre-ordered mine.

You are charged the day the item is shipped, since the item is not out until the 14th then you will be charged on that specific date. It told me that when I pre-ordered mine.

9 of 10 (2,221 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 9:13:36 PM
(0)
Scholar

tcastle26 wrote:

This. However, they do put a hold on your credit card when you pre-order to check if funds are available.

I think Amazon may be one of the exceptions to this. From my experience, they're one of the few companies that only charge your card (no holds or anything) until they actually ship you the item.

tcastle26 wrote:

This. However, they do put a hold on your credit card when you pre-order to check if funds are available.

I think Amazon may be one of the exceptions to this. From my experience, they're one of the few companies that only charge your card (no holds or anything) until they actually ship you the item.

10 of 10 (2,171 Views)