Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 19, 2012
9:02:55 PM
View profile
When I'm using the micro cell people say they can't understand what I say or it cuts in & out

When I'm using the micro cell people say they can't understand what I say or it cuts in & out, yet I can hear them fine, The only thing I've gotten from tech support is that the micro cell needs to be set in priority mode. I've got a AT&T 2wire modem/router w/the fastest speed DSL offered. Anyone have suggestions/instructions?

When I'm using the micro cell people say they can't understand what I say or it cuts in & out, yet I can hear them fine, The only thing I've gotten from tech support is that the micro cell needs to be set in priority mode. I've got a AT&T 2wire modem/router w/the fastest speed DSL offered. Anyone have suggestions/instructions?

When I'm using the micro cell people say they can't understand what I say or it cuts in & out

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 21, 2012 8:05:56 PM
(0)
Contributor

In your router configuration there should be a section about Quality of Service (QoS).  In that section, you can place the MAC address of the MicroCell in it as a priority device.  By doing that, as other devices share your router, your MicroCell will have priority to transmit and receive voice traffic.

In your router configuration there should be a section about Quality of Service (QoS).  In that section, you can place the MAC address of the MicroCell in it as a priority device.  By doing that, as other devices share your router, your MicroCell will have priority to transmit and receive voice traffic.

Re: When I'm using the micro cell people say they can't understand what I say or it cuts in & ou

2 of 2 (850 Views)