Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 1, 2011
9:23:26 PM
What will 3G get me?

Regarding cellular telephone service, what will 3G do for me? Does it give better service and/or more coverage when making cell phone calls? Or is it for all the other fancy things like music and videos, etc.?

All I want a cell phone for is to make phone calls. Hands Free Bluetooth and the GoPhone are what's important for me, especially when we travel. I am trying to figure what phone will best meet my needs. Right now I am using Tracfone, but I really want the hands free usage which I can't get from Tracfone. My kids like to text me and my wife, but we are not texters ourselves.

So, do I want and/or need 3G when traveling via car from the Southwest to the Great Lakes regions of the U.S.?

Regarding cellular telephone service, what will 3G do for me? Does it give better service and/or more coverage when making cell phone calls? Or is it for all the other fancy things like music and videos, etc.?

All I want a cell phone for is to make phone calls. Hands Free Bluetooth and the GoPhone are what's important for me, especially when we travel. I am trying to figure what phone will best meet my needs. Right now I am using Tracfone, but I really want the hands free usage which I can't get from Tracfone. My kids like to text me and my wife, but we are not texters ourselves.

So, do I want and/or need 3G when traveling via car from the Southwest to the Great Lakes regions of the U.S.?

What will 3G get me?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 2, 2011 2:09:29 PM
(0)
Mentor

I guess I got my answer by driving over to the local AT&T storefront and asking them this question. I now know it is a good thing to have especially if I am travelling. Better receptions and service and wider coverage. I have now ordered a phone which should serve my needs (saw it in the store and had its features explained to me).

I guess I got my answer by driving over to the local AT&T storefront and asking them this question. I now know it is a good thing to have especially if I am travelling. Better receptions and service and wider coverage. I have now ordered a phone which should serve my needs (saw it in the store and had its features explained to me).

Re: What will 3G get me?

2 of 3 (173 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 5, 2011 9:45:46 AM
(0)
Employee
faster internet and that is pretty much it. I usedto use 2G mainly since voice quality is the same but 3G is moreeasily congested as most people are on it.
faster internet and that is pretty much it. I usedto use 2G mainly since voice quality is the same but 3G is moreeasily congested as most people are on it.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: What will 3G get me?

3 of 3 (149 Views)