Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 10, 2011
11:10:04 PM
View profile
What to do if I lost my Motorola Atrix 4G Android Phone?

Will I still have to pay my monthly bill? If reported Lost/Stolen.
How much will it cost to replace? 

Will I still have to pay my monthly bill? If reported Lost/Stolen.
How much will it cost to replace? 

What to do if I lost my Motorola Atrix 4G Android Phone?

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2011 1:48:24 AM
(0)
Scholar

Yes.  With insurance, $125.  Without insurance, $449.  Possibly auction sites will have them cheaper.

Yes.  With insurance, $125.  Without insurance, $449.  Possibly auction sites will have them cheaper.

Re: What to do if I lost my Motorola Atrix 4G Android Phone?

2 of 8 (2,970 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2011 5:36:29 AM
(0)
Employee
It depends on when you got your atrix. If its more than 6 months ago you may be eligible for an early upgrade. If you are the new on is still over 300, but if care has returns in stock, it may be much much cheaper. You are still responsible for the monthly charges for your service, make sure to call or go online to suspend the service ( 8003310500 option 4 then option 5) that way if someone has your phone they can't use it. If you replace the phone and very a refurb, get insurance. Now this is all assuming you don't have insurance, if you do have insurance, go to www.phoneclaim.com/att file the claim it will cost you 125.00. Still suspend the service regardless. You keep your phone number and can un-suspend service any time online. Good luck!
It depends on when you got your atrix. If its more than 6 months ago you may be eligible for an early upgrade. If you are the new on is still over 300, but if care has returns in stock, it may be much much cheaper. You are still responsible for the monthly charges for your service, make sure to call or go online to suspend the service ( 8003310500 option 4 then option 5) that way if someone has your phone they can't use it. If you replace the phone and very a refurb, get insurance. Now this is all assuming you don't have insurance, if you do have insurance, go to www.phoneclaim.com/att file the claim it will cost you 125.00. Still suspend the service regardless. You keep your phone number and can un-suspend service any time online. Good luck!
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 8 (2,961 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 13, 2011 2:17:57 AM
(0)
Employee
actually i believe they raised the price of insurance for that phone to $199

should be all current 4G phones as well as any iPhone model is now in the Tier 3 replacement cost.
actually i believe they raised the price of insurance for that phone to $199

should be all current 4G phones as well as any iPhone model is now in the Tier 3 replacement cost.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 8 (2,932 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 31, 2011 9:46:57 AM
(0)
Contributor

So basically with the insurance we pay $6.99 a month for the right to pay more to replace the phone that it originally cost? Sounds like great business sense to me. I guess I can kill that $6.99 insurance fee from my account now. 

So basically with the insurance we pay $6.99 a month for the right to pay more to replace the phone that it originally cost? Sounds like great business sense to me. I guess I can kill that $6.99 insurance fee from my account now. 

5 of 8 (2,827 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 31, 2011 10:50:50 AM
(0)
Scholar
If you have no insurance on your phone, you will have to pay FULL retail price for the phone if it's lost/stolen/damaged, rather than 199$, unless your eligible for rebate. The full retail is quite a but more than199$.
If you have no insurance on your phone, you will have to pay FULL retail price for the phone if it's lost/stolen/damaged, rather than 199$, unless your eligible for rebate. The full retail is quite a but more than199$.

6 of 8 (2,822 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 31, 2011 10:52:18 AM
(0)
Scholar

Yeah, I cancelled the insurance on my Atrix when they raised the rates and deductible.

I'm sure you can partially blame the ignorants who try to root their andoid devices and 'brick them' and then turn them into their insurance

The fact of the matter is, these phones aren't cheap to replace and with so many people bricking or breaking their touchscreens they needed to raise the rates

To the OP, you can always get a cheaper phone to replace your atrix.

Yeah, I cancelled the insurance on my Atrix when they raised the rates and deductible.

I'm sure you can partially blame the ignorants who try to root their andoid devices and 'brick them' and then turn them into their insurance

The fact of the matter is, these phones aren't cheap to replace and with so many people bricking or breaking their touchscreens they needed to raise the rates

To the OP, you can always get a cheaper phone to replace your atrix.

7 of 8 (2,823 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 1, 2011 3:33:53 AM
(0)
Expert

montyh wrote:

It is called a deductable, you do it for autoand home owners insurance so what is the difference?  Pay 6.99 a month now, if you lose or damage your phone pay the deductable (which is less then the full retail cost of the phone) or don;t pay the 6.99 a month and pay full retail for the phone - your choice.

Me I put a rider on my home owners insurance that covers all the phones I have on the familiy plans in my name

montyh wrote:

It is called a deductable, you do it for autoand home owners insurance so what is the difference?  Pay 6.99 a month now, if you lose or damage your phone pay the deductable (which is less then the full retail cost of the phone) or don;t pay the 6.99 a month and pay full retail for the phone - your choice.

Me I put a rider on my home owners insurance that covers all the phones I have on the familiy plans in my name

8 of 8 (2,800 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments