Wireless Forums

Posted Sep 23, 2010
10:27:09 AM
What's the difference between mobile web unlimited for $30 and the data plans?

I am not real techno savvy and trying to decide how best to change my plans. I have 5 phones total 1 is an Iphone3g, two smart phones and one regular phone used strictly for phone calls not even texting. I currently have the 3000min Family Talk W/ rollover min. And 3 $15 data plans plus unlimited text messaging for $30, plus my most recent purchase was a laptop connect card for $60 per month for 250mb.  I saw the info about the unlimited mobile web for $30 & was wondering if selecting this plan would allow me to cancel some of these others? I am also considering reducing to a 1400 min plan at the suggestion of an AT & T rep that I had review my bills for the past 6 months and suggest which plan would be best for me. He said it looks as if I am using between 1200-1550 minutes on avg per month but not touching any of my 11, 600 rollover minutes.

I am not real techno savvy and trying to decide how best to change my plans. I have 5 phones total 1 is an Iphone3g, two smart phones and one regular phone used strictly for phone calls not even texting. I currently have the 3000min Family Talk W/ rollover min. And 3 $15 data plans plus unlimited text messaging for $30, plus my most recent purchase was a laptop connect card for $60 per month for 250mb.  I saw the info about the unlimited mobile web for $30 & was wondering if selecting this plan would allow me to cancel some of these others? I am also considering reducing to a 1400 min plan at the suggestion of an AT & T rep that I had review my bills for the past 6 months and suggest which plan would be best for me. He said it looks as if I am using between 1200-1550 minutes on avg per month but not touching any of my 11, 600 rollover minutes.

What's the difference between mobile web unlimited for $30 and the data plans?

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2010 12:19:52 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by Dcookie on Sep 23, 2010 at 12:21:14 PM

There is no longer Unlimited Data for $30/mo. You now have to pick from the current data plans that are offered. Each smartphone would need it's own data plan, as they are not shared. The only thing that is shared is Unlimited Family Messaging for $30/mo and would cover all of your phones.

Where did you see the info about Mobile Web Unlimited for $30??

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

There is no longer Unlimited Data for $30/mo. You now have to pick from the current data plans that are offered. Each smartphone would need it's own data plan, as they are not shared. The only thing that is shared is Unlimited Family Messaging for $30/mo and would cover all of your phones.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: What's the difference between mobile web unlimited for $30 and the data plans?

[ Edited ]
2 of 5 (2,855 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2010 3:46:50 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Dcookie wrote:

Dcookie is right. The $30-a-month "unlimited" plan was eliminated quite a while ago...

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Dcookie wrote:

Dcookie is right. The $30-a-month "unlimited" plan was eliminated quite a while ago...

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: What's the difference between mobile web unlimited for $30 and the data plans?

3 of 5 (2,841 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2010 11:13:22 AM
(0)
Tutor

I saw it right on this At & T website. I logged into mywireless account & selected "change rate plan" & in the far right corner was a box that says Unlimited web & data for $30 per month when you click on it opens another window that says "The Freedom to Stay Connected" & further states unlimited when browsing & data plan for $30 per moth. & ask you to click to accept terms of agreement.

I saw it right on this At & T website. I logged into mywireless account & selected "change rate plan" & in the far right corner was a box that says Unlimited web & data for $30 per month when you click on it opens another window that says "The Freedom to Stay Connected" & further states unlimited when browsing & data plan for $30 per moth. & ask you to click to accept terms of agreement.

4 of 5 (2,822 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2010 1:19:43 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by Dcookie on Sep 24, 2010 at 1:23:10 PM

MESSAGING AND DATA UNLIMITED is unlimited messaging and data for Quick Messaging Devices and Dumbphones ONLY.

In your original post you wanted to know the difference between MOBILE WEB UNLIMITED for $30 and DATA PLANS? You didn't specify MESSAGING and DATA UNLIMITED. These are 2 totally different things.

This $30/mo for Messaging and Data Unlimited could only be used on your regular phone...not smartphones or iPhone and it would cover ONLY that phone.

Basically, to answer your question about using this plan and for you to be able to cancel some of the others, the answer is NO. As stated earler, this plan would only cover your dumbphone. You'd be better off keeping the Unlimited Family Messaging for $30/mo that covers ALL of your phones. The iPhone, as you know, needs it's OWN data plan and the 2 smartphones need their own individual data plan as well, as data is NOT shared. I really don't know too much about the laptop connect cards.

As for the amount of minutes in your plan, and if you are trying to reduce that, maybe someone else can have some input for you.

You can also CHECK HERE for info about Messaging and Data Plans.

Hope this helps. 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

MESSAGING AND DATA UNLIMITED is unlimited messaging and data for Quick Messaging Devices and Dumbphones ONLY.

In your original post you wanted to know the difference between MOBILE WEB UNLIMITED for $30 and DATA PLANS? You didn't specify MESSAGING and DATA UNLIMITED. These are 2 totally different things.

This $30/mo for Messaging and Data Unlimited could only be used on your regular phone...not smartphones or iPhone and it would cover ONLY that phone.

Basically, to answer your question about using this plan and for you to be able to cancel some of the others, the answer is NO. As stated earler, this plan would only cover your dumbphone. You'd be better off keeping the Unlimited Family Messaging for $30/mo that covers ALL of your phones. The iPhone, as you know, needs it's OWN data plan and the 2 smartphones need their own individual data plan as well, as data is NOT shared. I really don't know too much about the laptop connect cards.

As for the amount of minutes in your plan, and if you are trying to reduce that, maybe someone else can have some input for you.

You can also CHECK HERE for info about Messaging and Data Plans.

Hope this helps. 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

[ Edited ]
5 of 5 (2,811 Views)