Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 15, 2010
9:28:54 AM
What's new in the Non-smartphone category?

My daughter is a die hard motorla fan.  Doesn't want to change but her Razr broke and its time for an upgrade anyway.  What's new and comparable? 

My daughter is a die hard motorla fan.  Doesn't want to change but her Razr broke and its time for an upgrade anyway.  What's new and comparable? 

What's new in the Non-smartphone category?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 15, 2010 2:54:12 PM
(0)
Mentor

Wow, I checked the AT&T site and answered my own question and the anser is nada, nothing, crap.   AT&T really doesn't seem to care about us dumbphone users. 

Wow, I checked the AT&T site and answered my own question and the anser is nada, nothing, crap.   AT&T really doesn't seem to care about us dumbphone users. 

Re: What's new in the Non-smartphone category?

2 of 6 (3,109 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2010 2:30:57 PM
(0)
Professor

Motorola is focusing more on Android nowadays, but the Tundra is a hardcore dumbphone that's pretty nice. She could also get another RAZR, of course.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

Motorola is focusing more on Android nowadays, but the Tundra is a hardcore dumbphone that's pretty nice. She could also get another RAZR, of course.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

3 of 6 (3,053 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 21, 2010 8:28:02 AM
(0)
Scholar

Yeah, same here. I've been using my V557 since 2005 or 2006, and have not found another phone in AT&T's stock that I would choose to replace it. I looked at both the V9 and Z9 Motos when they were out, but both were too expensive, and were then suddenly discontinued. The Tundra is, to me, both too expensive and too bulky.

Yeah, same here. I've been using my V557 since 2005 or 2006, and have not found another phone in AT&T's stock that I would choose to replace it. I looked at both the V9 and Z9 Motos when they were out, but both were too expensive, and were then suddenly discontinued. The Tundra is, to me, both too expensive and too bulky.

4 of 6 (2,976 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 23, 2010 9:54:43 PM
(0)
Mentor

You can also buy unlocked phones from the MotoStore. Not a huge variety at the moment. The Karma QA1 is a nice phone as well. It's got a qwerty keyboard but is not considered a smartphone but a Messaging phone. You can also look at the other ATT phones sold on the MOTOSTORE.

Mark

Mark
Motorola Employee
Motorola's Forums

You can also buy unlocked phones from the MotoStore. Not a huge variety at the moment. The Karma QA1 is a nice phone as well. It's got a qwerty keyboard but is not considered a smartphone but a Messaging phone. You can also look at the other ATT phones sold on the MOTOSTORE.

Mark

Mark
Motorola Employee
Motorola's Forums

5 of 6 (2,908 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 24, 2010 8:59:59 AM
(0)
Explorer

I just purchased the V9x razer at Walmart for $50 with a new 2 yr contract. My old V9 is working perfectly after three years, the new one is in the closet until the V9 dies. I don't like the new phones, so hopefully I am set for a number of years.

I just purchased the V9x razer at Walmart for $50 with a new 2 yr contract. My old V9 is working perfectly after three years, the new one is in the closet until the V9 dies. I don't like the new phones, so hopefully I am set for a number of years.

6 of 6 (2,885 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments