What modifications to the system puts the + in HSPA+?

Scholar

What modifications to the system puts the + in HSPA+?

I read somewhere that its the conversion to fiber optic from coaxial at that towers that puts the + in HSPA+. Anyone know for real?.....
Message 1 of 7 (1,040 Views)
Master

Re: What modifications to the system puts the + in HSPA+?

Sorry, but why do you care?  It's probably a combination of factors, from upgrading the backhaul to likely upgrading/updating the towers.

Message 2 of 7 (984 Views)
Professor

BrianfromNO wrote:

Sorry, but why do you care?  It's probably a combination of factors, from upgrading the backhaul to likely upgrading/updating the towers.

LOL. I know why you DON"T care. Why bother answering if you don't have an answer? Typical of your answers, they are always just opinion based.

Message 3 of 7 (962 Views)
Master

[ Edited ]

sitnsidewayz wrote:

BrianfromNO wrote:

LOL. I know why you DON"T care. Why bother answering if you don't have an answer? Typical of your answers, they are always just opinion based.

That's how it seems everybody's reply is, nowadays...

Keep it courteous.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 4 of 7 (942 Views)
Former Moderator

Let's please stay on topic.  Thank you

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Message 5 of 7 (933 Views)
Master

[ Edited ]

{Please keep it courteous}  No, it's not simply the conversion to fiber from coaxial that puts the + in HSPA+.  It involves the use of MIMO (multiple input-output) antennas and higher order modulation (64 vs 16QAM) than simple HSPA.  What the OP was likely referring to was upgrading the backhaul to support the higher data rates.  It's also a highly technical question that's pretty irrelevant to the vast majority of users on this board.

sitnsidewayz wrote:

BrianfromNO wrote:

Message 6 of 7 (901 Views)
Master

BrianfromNO wrote:

{Please keep it courteous}  No, it's not simply the conversion to fiber from coaxial that puts the + in HSPA+.  It involves the use of MIMO (multiple input-output) antennas and higher order modulation (64 vs 16QAM) than simple HSPA.  What the OP was likely referring to was upgrading the backhaul to support the higher data rates.  It's also a highly technical question that's pretty irrelevant to the vast majority of users on this board.

sitnsidewayz wrote:

BrianfromNO wrote:

Maybe it's just a difference in approach, but I see this forum as being a one-to-one experience, not preaching to the masses. Smiley Wink  When someone has a question, I believe it specifically deserves to be addressed in a response - regardless of whether the information is pertinent to other users on the board or not.

That said, since you mention the need to upgrade backhaul - and this is probably completely unrelated to the upgrades that are necessary for wireless, but not really understanding how all the technology integrates, bear with me.  lol.  A month of so ago a young man from at&t stopped by my house - he was going door to door in the neighborhood, and he said he was on a mission to make sure everyone knew that fiber optic service is now available in our neighborhood as they want to get everyone off of copper and onto fiber.  I pretty much blew him off, as #1) it was Saturday and I was busy with other things at the moment, and #2) I felt like he was probably *really* just wanting to sell me U-Verse, which I have absolutely no interest in.  If there is one "utilities" provider that I've been completely happy with their progress over the years, it's my cable company - so there isn't any way I'm changing that. Smiley Very Happy 

Anyway - they don't *need* their land-line consumers to do anything in order to help all these upgrades happen, right?  If they want to switch my land-line service to using fiber optics instead of copper, can't they just do that without a need for any action on my part?

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 7 of 7 (827 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.