What is the return policy after 30 days?

Teacher

What is the return policy after 30 days?

How can I return the device and cancel the plan?

Message 1 of 8 (1,610 Views)
Professor

Re: What is the return policy after 30 days?

After 30 days, there is no return. You cancel the contract and pay the early termination fee (assuming you signed a 2-year contract). The phone is yours to do with what you wish.
Message 2 of 8 (1,598 Views)

You will need to pay the cancellation fee its not actually return its cancelling your service. What is the reason anyways?

Message 3 of 8 (1,594 Views)
ACE - Professor

sarah999 wrote:

How can I return the device and cancel the plan?

After 30 days, you pay the ETF and keep the (still locked to AT&T) phone. The ETF should be somewhere around $315.

http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/articles-resources/early-term-fees.jsp

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 8 (1,587 Views)
Teacher

Hi,

I have prepaid $500 for 2 year contract so can I get it back after cancelling the service? So I need to pay about $315 cancellation fee and keep the device and cannot keep the phone number I am using, right? Also, what do you mean by the device would be locked by at&t?

Thanks!

Message 5 of 8 (1,540 Views)
Master

A locked iPhone is one that only works with ATT. ATT nor Apple will prove the code to allow you to use your iPhone with another carrier either in the USA or elsewhere. If you cancel service, sell it or you basically have an iPod.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 6 of 8 (1,538 Views)

You may want to send a private message to Jamileh. If you paid a deposit, I believe AT&T will recoup any outstanding fees & charges prior to refunding your deposit. I'm not sure if they'll take the ETF & your final bill from it before returning it to you.

sarah999 wrote:

Hi,

I have prepaid $500 for 2 year contract so can I get it back after cancelling the service? So I need to pay about $315 cancellation fee and keep the device and cannot keep the phone number I am using, right? Also, what do you mean by the device would be locked by at&t?

Thanks!

Message 7 of 8 (1,521 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

sarah999 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks!

Yes, your deposit is returned.

You should port your number to a new service, if you want to keep it, *before* you cancel service with AT&T

Your iPhone sold with a service plan is locked to AT&T. It will only work on the AT&T network. There is no way to unlock it to work with other carriers. People generally just sell their iPhones (on eBay) to someone else who wants an iPhone on AT&T.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 8 (1,503 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.