Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 12, 2008
2:22:08 PM
View profile
What is all needed to hook up the Sierra Wireless 875?
Ok so I got this card from my friend, b/c they don't use it anymore.  I haven't activated it or anything yet but I was wondering what I would need if anything to get it going.  I have it plugged into the side of my laptop & it recognized it, but I don't see it anywhere.  Does anyone know, b.c I don't have the book or any software for it, I just assumed I could find it all online.  Thanks again!!
Ok so I got this card from my friend, b/c they don't use it anymore.  I haven't activated it or anything yet but I was wondering what I would need if anything to get it going.  I have it plugged into the side of my laptop & it recognized it, but I don't see it anywhere.  Does anyone know, b.c I don't have the book or any software for it, I just assumed I could find it all online.  Thanks again!!

What is all needed to hook up the Sierra Wireless 875?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2008 3:32:24 PM
(0)
Guru
In my opinion, the following is the best software you can use with the card. Normally you are supposed to install the software BEFORE plugging in the card. If you have any problems, you may need to go into Windows Device Manager and uninstall devices not properly recognized, and reboot.

http://www.sierrawireless.com/support/cingular/ac875_NB_ENU.aspx
In my opinion, the following is the best software you can use with the card. Normally you are supposed to install the software BEFORE plugging in the card. If you have any problems, you may need to go into Windows Device Manager and uninstall devices not properly recognized, and reboot.

http://www.sierrawireless.com/support/cingular/ac875_NB_ENU.aspx

Re: What is all needed to hook up the Sierra Wireless 875?

2 of 3 (1,574 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2008 6:32:26 PM
(0)
Scholar
Ok thanks for the reply!  I haven't got the service hooked up yet, but I suppose I couldn't put my cell phone SIM in there & it will work will it?  I do have the unlimited data on my acct, thanks!
Ok thanks for the reply!  I haven't got the service hooked up yet, but I suppose I couldn't put my cell phone SIM in there & it will work will it?  I do have the unlimited data on my acct, thanks!

Re: What is all needed to hook up the Sierra Wireless 875?

3 of 3 (1,567 Views)