Wireless Forums

Posted Aug 11, 2010
5:08:07 AM
View profile
What is 'Overage Pay-Per-Use' showing on ATT mobile app?

I have ATT mobile app installed on my iPhone and got several updates so far.

and now it's showing 'Overage Pay-Per-Use' at the bottom.

I just started my billing cycle yesterday but the Overage amount is already 22!

I've checked usage details on att online account but I couldn't find anything about that.

I read an article from the web that says about push notification and Overage Pay Per Use.

Is this really realated to Free Text App using push notification?

I am so afraid of using it now.... Does anybody have an answer?

I have ATT mobile app installed on my iPhone and got several updates so far.

and now it's showing 'Overage Pay-Per-Use' at the bottom.

I just started my billing cycle yesterday but the Overage amount is already 22!

I've checked usage details on att online account but I couldn't find anything about that.

I read an article from the web that says about push notification and Overage Pay Per Use.

Is this really realated to Free Text App using push notification?

I am so afraid of using it now.... Does anybody have an answer?

What is 'Overage Pay-Per-Use' showing on ATT mobile app?

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 11, 2010 8:42:46 AM
(0)
Professor

Is it showing overage for minutes, data, or messaging? Its normal for the beginning of your billing cycle (the first day or so) for it to show an overage for a service you really have.

Is it showing overage for minutes, data, or messaging? Its normal for the beginning of your billing cycle (the first day or so) for it to show an overage for a service you really have.

Re: What is 'Overage Pay-Per-Use' showing on ATT mobile app?

2 of 9 (11,899 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 12, 2010 5:22:16 AM
(0)
Contributor

It is showing under 'minutes' tab in the app

now the number is growing...

yesterday 22, now it's 26

I've just used about 3 anytime minutes

22 of night and weekend

318 of mobile to mobile

so far

It is showing under 'minutes' tab in the app

now the number is growing...

yesterday 22, now it's 26

I've just used about 3 anytime minutes

22 of night and weekend

318 of mobile to mobile

so far

3 of 9 (11,893 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 12, 2010 5:43:26 AM
(0)
Guru

It's the first billing cycle, sometimes the system is glitched, and doesn't give the correct amount of used minutes. I would wait to recieve the bill before I raised a concearn about it, as it is more than likely not the correct amount.

As an AT&T employee, the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinion.

It's the first billing cycle, sometimes the system is glitched, and doesn't give the correct amount of used minutes. I would wait to recieve the bill before I raised a concearn about it, as it is more than likely not the correct amount.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

4 of 9 (11,890 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 13, 2010 8:20:14 AM
(0)
Professor

Thats true, you may just want to call in to customer care just in case to take a look. Doesnt hurt to be safe. 1-800-331-0500.

Thats true, you may just want to call in to customer care just in case to take a look. Doesnt hurt to be safe. 1-800-331-0500.

5 of 9 (11,878 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2011 12:26:47 PM
(0)
Contributor

'Overage Pay-Per-Use' very much sounds like AT&T MADE UP a new keyword to screw it customers. 

AT&T sucks,

Corporation GREED at best !!!

I can not wait them to go out of business.

'Overage Pay-Per-Use' very much sounds like AT&T MADE UP a new keyword to screw it customers. 

AT&T sucks,

6 of 9 (8,088 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2011 12:55:00 PM
(0)
Guru

glengenc wrote:

AT&T sucks,

Um. LOL. You make no sense.

glengenc wrote:

AT&T sucks,

Um. LOL. You make no sense.

http://forums.att.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/5647i42265AB3AEBCB54D/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

7 of 9 (8,086 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 27, 2011 3:15:15 AM
(0)
Contributor
Agreed! You all will notice your internet connection will be almost nothing with Internet and youtube viewing especially. Music I understand and downloads will be effected as well. We all paid good money and agreed to the terms now they are changing everything because they want to charge you more money. I just found out!!!! Now I have to wait until my next billing cycle which is around the 13th of the next month! Great way to start the New Year! We have 5 lines on one bill. Time to switch companies! I was wondering if we can file a complaint with the better business bureau? Hummm....
Agreed! You all will notice your internet connection will be almost nothing with Internet and youtube viewing especially. Music I understand and downloads will be effected as well. We all paid good money and agreed to the terms now they are changing everything because they want to charge you more money. I just found out!!!! Now I have to wait until my next billing cycle which is around the 13th of the next month! Great way to start the New Year! We have 5 lines on one bill. Time to switch companies! I was wondering if we can file a complaint with the better business bureau? Hummm....

8 of 9 (8,042 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 27, 2011 3:20:15 AM
(0)
Contributor
Btw, the message says to use WiFi. But I don't have it! So now I have no service because I went over my full (unlimited internet) usage I paid for!!
Btw, the message says to use WiFi. But I don't have it! So now I have no service because I went over my full (unlimited internet) usage I paid for!!

9 of 9 (8,041 Views)