Ask a question

Posted Oct 1, 2011
    8:25:17 PM
    View profile
    What is AT&T Mobile Transfer?
    Edited by jamileh on Oct 13, 2011 at 8:12:18 AM

AT&T Mobile Transfer is the “wireless” solution for transferring content from one phone to another.Starting October 2, 2011, customers can transfer contacts and up to 2GB worth of pictures and video their old phone to their new phone WIRELESSLY!! No need to wait in the store, customers can transfer their content from the comfort of their own home or office.

Here is a link to the AT&T Mobile Transfer site: http://www.att.com/shop/apps/mobiletransfer.jsp?fbid=05x4D0NwqTh

FAQ:

What kind of content can I transfer?

You can transfer photos, videos, and contacts.

How many videos and photos can I transfer?

You have 2GB of data to transfer videos and pictures to the temporary storage server. Contacts do not count against the storage limit.

What if I have more than 2GB of content?

The app will let you know if you have too much data to transfer and ask you to remove some of your content items. Which isn't all bad—maybe that picture of your brother-in-law doesn't make it to the new phone.

Can I transfer my stuff over the AT&T Network?

Yes you can. However, Wi-Fi provides a fast, seamless connection at home, in the office, and in thousands of hotspots. Using Wi-Fi is convenient and helps you save on your mobile data usage.

Is it secure?

Yes. Only you will have access to your content.

How long can my content stay on the server?

You'll have 7 days to download your data to your new phone, but will you really wait that long to start using your new phone?

What happens to my data if I miss the 7 day deadline?

We'll send you a few text message reminders, but after the 14th day, your content will be deleted.

Why will you delete my content after the 14th day?

We need to keep server space available for all our app users.

If I miss the 14 day deadline, can I upload my content again?

Yes.

Will you use my friend's phone numbers to call them?

No way. We get new customers through great service.

This application is available for certain compatible phones. Standard data charges may apply. Please note, Wi-Fi provides a fast, seamless connection at home, in the office, and in thousands of hotspots. Using Wi-Fi is convenient and helps you save on your mobile data usage. View the AT&T Mobile Transfer End User Licensing Agreement at att.com/transfereula.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

What is AT&T Mobile Transfer?

[ Edited ]
    0 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too