Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 4, 2011
10:32:02 AM
View profile
What if we require more than 4GB of data? Why no unlimited???

Is there anyway that AT&T will give anyone the old unlimited $30 plan anymore?  I never had it as I'm a new customer but I am finding myself using more than what they think is enough?  Absolutely absurd they no longer offer an unlimited plan???  

Is there anyway that AT&T will give anyone the old unlimited $30 plan anymore?  I never had it as I'm a new customer but I am finding myself using more than what they think is enough?  Absolutely absurd they no longer offer an unlimited plan???  

What if we require more than 4GB of data? Why no unlimited???

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2011 11:23:17 AM
(0)
Expert

Sorry, but as you can see ATT No longer offers the Unlimited Data Plan for smartphones and is not giving to anyone anytime soon... I guess you're kind of stuck with the 4G. 

The Unlimited Data plan is long gone. Maybe too many people complained about the $30/mo data charge, people that didn't use a large amount of data. Your guess is as good as mine. as to why they did away with it. Maybe someone else will have some better info for you.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Sorry, but as you can see ATT No longer offers the Unlimited Data Plan for smartphones and is not giving to anyone anytime soon... I guess you're kind of stuck with the 4G. 

The Unlimited Data plan is long gone. Maybe too many people complained about the $30/mo data charge, people that didn't use a large amount of data. Your guess is as good as mine. as to why they did away with it. Maybe someone else will have some better info for you.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Re: What if we require more than 4GB of data? Why no unlimited???

2 of 4 (850 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 22, 2012 1:40:16 PM
(0)
Mentor

actually, if you know you're gonna gulp data, buy the new $50 5GB plan and pay $10 per GB overage as you use it. there's no rollover tho, so you'll always lose the remainder of the final GB.

on the other hand, what if we require less data but desire an occasional tether/hotspot? why not a better pay-per arrangement?

maybe i don't mind $10GB's, which i don't...but if i'm willingly paying a premium, let's be fair about this. let me buy one at a time, with rollover, and "let me" tether or hotspot at my discretion, not yours. after all, i'm the one footing the bill.

look here, the problem is that policy is being made at a company level that has nothing to do with the technology...overpaid (and ethically-damaged) suits, who's only job is to spin everything towards a higher stock value. it's really that simple. 

actually, if you know you're gonna gulp data, buy the new $50 5GB plan and pay $10 per GB overage as you use it. there's no rollover tho, so you'll always lose the remainder of the final GB.

on the other hand, what if we require less data but desire an occasional tether/hotspot? why not a better pay-per arrangement?

maybe i don't mind $10GB's, which i don't...but if i'm willingly paying a premium, let's be fair about this. let me buy one at a time, with rollover, and "let me" tether or hotspot at my discretion, not yours. after all, i'm the one footing the bill.

look here, the problem is that policy is being made at a company level that has nothing to do with the technology...overpaid (and ethically-damaged) suits, who's only job is to spin everything towards a higher stock value. it's really that simple. 

3 of 4 (601 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 24, 2012 5:55:40 PM
(0)
Guru

Welcome to the real world, free marketeers and deregulationers! This is what industry consolidation hath wrought! Far too few carriers with too many customers and too much power relative to those customers and the regulators. 

Only one carrier in the US offers voice rollover, and I don't think anyone will follow suit with data. 

While tethering or hotspot capabilities would be welcomed on the cheaper plan, I also don't see that happening. It's really easy to burn through a GB of data tethering in an afternoon. 

Welcome to the real world, free marketeers and deregulationers! This is what industry consolidation hath wrought! Far too few carriers with too many customers and too much power relative to those customers and the regulators. 

Only one carrier in the US offers voice rollover, and I don't think anyone will follow suit with data. 

While tethering or hotspot capabilities would be welcomed on the cheaper plan, I also don't see that happening. It's really easy to burn through a GB of data tethering in an afternoon. 

4 of 4 (563 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments