What happened to the "Your service will end" letters?

Highlighted
Tutor

What happened to the "Your service will end" letters?

Howdy, y'all,

I've been an AT&T Wireless customer for almost 10 years. Early last year, like 1000s of other 2G customers, I received the notification letters from a Rudoph ***, VP, Sales and Service, advising that it was "critical" that I "transition to a new phone and rate plan by August 31, 2011." To make a very long story shorter, my SMS was disabled, but voice service has continued. AT&T sent a new free Samsung A777, but I've never used it. I've continued to receive and pay for service under the same plan, but a new "virtual" contract that the AT&T retention rep said wasn't really a "contract," though the local store says is a contract.

Coupla questions: What ever happened to the unilateral "transition"? Can't find info about it, but might it have been rescinded because of negative publicity?

How can I start using the new A777? My old phone's battery life is shorter than ever.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Thanks much,

The OC, SoCal.

Message 1 of 1
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support