Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 9, 2011
1:47:54 PM
View profile
What happened to the $99 refurb iPhone 4 16 GB option?

A week ago I was trying to upgrade my phone and plan online, and the website wouldn't let me log into my pick-your-plan account.  There was an option for a $99 refurbished iPhone 4 16 gB.  After getting the login issue sorted out today, I went to look at iphones again, and the $99 refurbed 4 has vanished.  There's now just a new 3GS for $49, and a refurbished 4 32gB for $199; nothing in between.

Do specific types of refurb phones vanish from time to time?  Anyone have any idea how to find out when they'll be back?

Another question, if I buy the refurb 3GS for $9 + 2-year plan, can I purchase a different iphone at any time in the future and upgrade to it?  Are there any restrictions on when I can do that?

A week ago I was trying to upgrade my phone and plan online, and the website wouldn't let me log into my pick-your-plan account.  There was an option for a $99 refurbished iPhone 4 16 gB.  After getting the login issue sorted out today, I went to look at iphones again, and the $99 refurbed 4 has vanished.  There's now just a new 3GS for $49, and a refurbished 4 32gB for $199; nothing in between.

Do specific types of refurb phones vanish from time to time?  Anyone have any idea how to find out when they'll be back?

Another question, if I buy the refurb 3GS for $9 + 2-year plan, can I purchase a different iphone at any time in the future and upgrade to it?  Are there any restrictions on when I can do that?

What happened to the $99 refurb iPhone 4 16 GB option?

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2011 1:52:20 PM
(0)
Tutor
Nevermind, I've just got some wires crossed from staring at various parts of the AT&T website for the past 45 minutes.. It was right in front of me. No obvious way to delete this post (I'm sure that's just right in front of me, too...)
Nevermind, I've just got some wires crossed from staring at various parts of the AT&T website for the past 45 minutes.. It was right in front of me. No obvious way to delete this post (I'm sure that's just right in front of me, too...)

Re: What happened to the $99 refurb iPhone 4 16 GB option?

2 of 7 (562 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2011 3:08:22 PM
(0)
Scholar
It always nice when you answer your own questions haha enjoy the Iphone 4 Smiley Happy
______

“I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.”
It always nice when you answer your own questions haha enjoy the Iphone 4 Smiley Happy
AT&T CSR, but anything this i say is not assssssossiaattteeddd with att as a company.

3 of 7 (547 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2011 3:17:16 PM
(0)
Contributor
Would you mind providing the link? I cant find it either.
Maybe I'm staring right at it as well....
Would you mind providing the link? I cant find it either.
Maybe I'm staring right at it as well....

4 of 7 (543 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2011 4:53:25 PM
(0)
Tutor

Okay, that's weird, now it's not showing up.

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/packages/iphone-packages.jsp

It was the third option on this page, but when I cut and pase into IE, it doesn't show.  If I load the same page in Firefox, it's there.  I entered my zip code at some point in both browsers.  No idea.

When I try to cut and paste the link directly to the page, IE goes back to the main cellphone packages & deals page.

Okay, that's weird, now it's not showing up.

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/packages/iphone-packages.jsp

It was the third option on this page, but when I cut and pase into IE, it doesn't show.  If I load the same page in Firefox, it's there.  I entered my zip code at some point in both browsers.  No idea.

When I try to cut and paste the link directly to the page, IE goes back to the main cellphone packages & deals page.

5 of 7 (533 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2011 5:36:55 PM
(0)
Tutor

Aaand.... now it's gone again.  I had the dang thing *in my cart*.  And people over the phone can't order it for me.  AAARRRGGGH

Aaand.... now it's gone again.  I had the dang thing *in my cart*.  And people over the phone can't order it for me.  AAARRRGGGH

6 of 7 (527 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2011 9:21:23 PM
(0)
Tutor

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phones/cell-phones.jsp?feacondition=allphones&fe...

It's back, just now in white.  And it is showing up on my previous posted link as well.  I guess these just come and go.

7 of 7 (507 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments