Helpful Links

What good is Tethering with the new 2GB cap?

Mentor

What good is Tethering with the new 2GB cap?

Just wondering how many people woud get tethering with the new data cap?

Message 1 of 105
Expert

Re: What good is Tethering with the new 2GB cap?

BIGWHITE2K9 wrote:

Just wondering how many people woud get tethering with the new data cap?

would not have gotten tethering even if there was no changes

Message 2 of 105
Highlighted

Nope.  Not because of the cap, at least not directly.  My complaint is that in a given month, I can use 2GB on my phone for 25.00, or I can use 2GB on my phone connected to my PC for 45.00...That's the same number of bits per month, over the same network, off the same towers, for a big chunk more money.  No {now Brian, you know better; expletive deleted} way.

Message 3 of 105

I was kinda thinking the same thing.  I thought "wow only $45/month for teathering!" and then I realized it was still the 2GB limit.

I'm not in need of teathering as I dont have 3G at home so I dont really care but bummer for those waiting on teathering...sucks for them

Message 4 of 105

They are restricting the tethering so people don't bring down the entire AT&T network when the IPhone 4 comes out...they are massively oversaturating the network faster than they can keep up with the growth.

Message 5 of 105
Voyager

sounds like confusing the customers make them pay more....

Message 6 of 105
Master

Is there a point to this?

Message 7 of 105
Mentor

Well with these new rate plans it's a safe bet Verizon isn't getting the iphone anytime soon.

Message 8 of 105
Contributor

What does this cap have to do with Verizon not getting the iPhone anytime soon?  I don't get it.

Message 9 of 105
Professor

BIGWHITE2K9 wrote:

Well with these new rate plans it's a safe bet Verizon isn't getting the iphone anytime soon.

Maybe not, but it could be. I read in Google news that a CDMA iPad was to be tested.

Message 10 of 105
Mentor

sparklesarefun wrote:

What does this cap have to do with Verizon not getting the iPhone anytime soon?  I don't get it.

I just think if Verizon had the iphone AT&T couldn't pull this.  Cause their $30 unlimited looks better than $25 for 2GB of data.

Message 11 of 105

BIGWHITE2K9 wrote:

I just think if Verizon had the iphone AT&T couldn't pull this.  Cause their $30 unlimited looks better than $25 for 2GB of data.

Not necessarily to someone who uses nowhere near 2GB of data a month...

Message 12 of 105
Professor

BIGWHITE2K9 wrote:

Do you honestly believe that, if Verizon were to get the iPhone, it would offer a unlimited plan with free tethering?

Message 13 of 105
Professor

BIGWHITE2K9 wrote:

sparklesarefun wrote:

If Verizon were to get the iPhone, it's data plans would change real quick, which is probably going to happen without the iPhone anyways.

Message 14 of 105
Mentor

sitnsidewayz wrote:

BIGWHITE2K9 wrote:

Do you honestly believe that, if Verizon were to get the iPhone, it would offer a unlimited plan with free tethering?

For a customer that doesn't have a iphone.  Wants the new one.  I'm not talking about tethering right now.  Why would I get the Iphone with AT&T & pay $25 for 2GB.  If Verizon had the iphone with $30 unlimited data.  That's why I said they can't be getting the iphone anytime soon.  Cause AT&T wouldn't make this move if another carrier had the iphone.

Message 15 of 105
Share this topic
Announcements

iPhone 8 and 8 Plus is Here! Learn What’s New and How to Order

The Apple Watch Series 3 is Here! Learn how to have the freedom to go with just your watch!

The iPhone X (10) is on it's way!

Additional Support