Helpful Links

What good is 4G?? :/

Expert

What good is 4G?? :/

Just have one question...what good are the 4G phones if 3G isn't even good in my area??? My phone NEVER stays on 3G at my home...it constantly switches between Edge and 3G and sometimes drops the signal all together. You would think that ATT would have perfected 3G before introducing the 4G phones. Smiley Indifferent

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 1 of 21
Expert

Re: What good is 4G?? :/

Ann154 wrote:

BadBadLeroyBrown wrote:

Except the Atrix isn't an LTE-capable device, isn't it? In this case, the "4G" for the Atrix is really HSPA+.

Stephono wrote:
It all depends on the area, now where i am at I use the atrix 4g and it lets me stay on the hspa+ and can't wait for LTE to come. just differs on area.

Correct.  The Motorola Atrix is a HSPA+ phone and doesn't contain the radio hardware to access the LTE network.

I think Ann154 and BadBadLeroyBrown should get a job with ATT. Smiley Wink

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 16 of 21
Master

Dcookie wrote:

Ann154 wrote:

BadBadLeroyBrown wrote:

Except the Atrix isn't an LTE-capable device, isn't it? In this case, the "4G" for the Atrix is really HSPA+.

Stephono wrote:
It all depends on the area, now where i am at I use the atrix 4g and it lets me stay on the hspa+ and can't wait for LTE to come. just differs on area.

Correct.  The Motorola Atrix is a HSPA+ phone and doesn't contain the radio hardware to access the LTE network.

I think Ann154 and BadBadLeroyBrown should get a job with ATT. Smiley Wink

Na!  I got schwag from my carrier.  Besides the ATT network around here is probably worst of all the carriers.

Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 17 of 21
Master

Dcookie wrote:

Just have one question...what good are the 4G phones if 3G isn't even good in my area??? My phone NEVER stays on 3G at my home...it constantly switches between Edge and 3G and sometimes drops the signal all together. You would think that ATT would have perfected 3G before introducing the 4G phones. Smiley Indifferent

Totally makes sense. The reason I don't move to Verizon is because.. I am grandfathered in my unlimited data plan. And, the current calling plan I have is perfect for me. I may have to pay more if I went to Verizon.  Att is still behind the game with 4g and LTE arent they? I think Verizon is more advanced?

I like talking and surfing the web at the same time.. sounds silly but I like the multitasking

Message 18 of 21
Expert

Smurfette27 wrote:

Dcookie wrote:

Totally makes sense. The reason I don't move to Verizon is because.. I am grandfathered in my unlimited data plan. And, the current calling plan I have is perfect for me. I may have to pay more if I went to Verizon.  Att is still behind the game with 4g and LTE arent they? I think Verizon is more advanced?

I like talking and surfing the web at the same time.. sounds silly but I like the multitasking

It doesn't sound sily at all Smurfette27. Smiley Happy We women are good at multitasking. Smiley Tongue Anyway, I'd consider moving to Verizon too but I like the idea of having a SIM card, just in case my phone bites the dust for some reason. I can always pop it into my old LG instead of having to contact the company to get an old one activated again. 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 19 of 21
Professor

Dcookie wrote:

Smurfette27 wrote:

Dcookie wrote:

It doesn't sound sily at all Smurfette27. Smiley Happy We women are good at multitasking. Smiley Tongue Anyway, I'd consider moving to Verizon too but I like the idea of having a SIM card, just in case my phone bites the dust for some reason. I can always pop it into my old LG instead of having to contact the company to get an old one activated again. 

DCookie, thats what i liked about att and tmo, the sim card convenience.  If Verizon had mostly sim devices, i probably wold have been one of their RED customers too.   but, i can say that since ATT rolled out 4G/LTE in my area,  those of us who do not have a 4G device, are experiencing better services otherwise because, in this area at least, they did upgrade the rest of their network, pushing 3G, HSDPA to more outlying areas where we were on EDGE, and now edge is being experienced in even further areas where there werent as good of service at all.

Mama's treat'n her children right "around these parts"

uglybaby1.jpg

Message 20 of 21
Highlighted
Expert

RicoLX wrote:

Dcookie wrote:

Smurfette27 wrote:

Dcookie wrote:

DCookie, thats what i liked about att and tmo, the sim card convenience.  If Verizon had mostly sim devices, i probably wold have been one of their RED customers too.   but, i can say that since ATT rolled out 4G/LTE in my area,  those of us who do not have a 4G device, are experiencing better services otherwise because, in this area at least, they did upgrade the rest of their network, pushing 3G, HSDPA to more outlying areas where we were on EDGE, and now edge is being experienced in even further areas where there werent as good of service at all.

Mama's treat'n her children right "around these parts"

uglybaby1.jpg

RicoLX, can you send ATT to MY area?? Smiley Tongue Hopefully, my service WILL get better, eventually. So far, even though the Coverage Viewer shows my area to be all dark blue, I have not seen any improvement. 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 21 of 21
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support