Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 8, 2011
11:57:21 AM
View profile
What does this mean?

I

was going to upgrade from my iPhone 3GS to the 4S. After making my phone selection this message came up:

• Your new device requires a different Data Add-on Plan than you currently have. We selected a compatible Data Add-on Plan for you. If you had an unlimited data plan, you will receive a compatible unlimited data plan. If you want a different plan, you can change the Data Add-on Plan by selecting Change here or from within myAT&T after you receive and activate your new device.

I currently have the original unlimited $30.00 date paln, but the selected compatable plan on the order page was for $30.00 - $4.50 so is ATT going to reduce my price or my plan? Some how I get the feeling they are not going to reduce my price. Smiley Happy

I

was going to upgrade from my iPhone 3GS to the 4S. After making my phone selection this message came up:

• Your new device requires a different Data Add-on Plan than you currently have. We selected a compatible Data Add-on Plan for you. If you had an unlimited data plan, you will receive a compatible unlimited data plan. If you want a different plan, you can change the Data Add-on Plan by selecting Change here or from within myAT&T after you receive and activate your new device.

I currently have the original unlimited $30.00 date paln, but the selected compatable plan on the order page was for $30.00 - $4.50 so is ATT going to reduce my price or my plan? Some how I get the feeling they are not going to reduce my price. Smiley Happy

What does this mean?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2011 12:00:45 PM
(0)
Scholar

gkamer wrote:

I

Ignore it. If you currently have unlimited, you keep unlimited unless you specifically select a metered data plan. Just accept the defaults and you should be fine.

gkamer wrote:

I

Ignore it. If you currently have unlimited, you keep unlimited unless you specifically select a metered data plan. Just accept the defaults and you should be fine.

Re: What does this mean?

2 of 4 (238 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2011 12:02:26 PM
(0)
Scholar

OK then...... I'm off to order my new phone.

OK then...... I'm off to order my new phone.

3 of 4 (233 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2011 12:06:16 PM
(0)
Scholar

I had the same issue. "what the heck does this mean?!?" Begin frantically searching for an answer before saying yes and messing myself up, finally get AT&T on the phone and find it it's not an issue.

Just figured I'd save other folks having to go through the same garbage. Enjoy your new phone!

I had the same issue. "what the heck does this mean?!?" Begin frantically searching for an answer before saying yes and messing myself up, finally get AT&T on the phone and find it it's not an issue.

Just figured I'd save other folks having to go through the same garbage. Enjoy your new phone!

4 of 4 (230 Views)