What does this mean?

Scholar

What does this mean?

I

was going to upgrade from my iPhone 3GS to the 4S. After making my phone selection this message came up:

• Your new device requires a different Data Add-on Plan than you currently have. We selected a compatible Data Add-on Plan for you. If you had an unlimited data plan, you will receive a compatible unlimited data plan. If you want a different plan, you can change the Data Add-on Plan by selecting Change here or from within myAT&T after you receive and activate your new device.

I currently have the original unlimited $30.00 date paln, but the selected compatable plan on the order page was for $30.00 - $4.50 so is ATT going to reduce my price or my plan? Some how I get the feeling they are not going to reduce my price. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
Scholar

Re: What does this mean?

gkamer wrote:

I

was going to upgrade from my iPhone 3GS to the 4S. After making my phone selection this message came up:

• Your new device requires a different Data Add-on Plan than you currently have. We selected a compatible Data Add-on Plan for you. If you had an unlimited data plan, you will receive a compatible unlimited data plan. If you want a different plan, you can change the Data Add-on Plan by selecting Change here or from within myAT&T after you receive and activate your new device.

I currently have the original unlimited $30.00 date paln, but the selected compatable plan on the order page was for $30.00 - $4.50 so is ATT going to reduce my price or my plan? Some how I get the feeling they are not going to reduce my price. Smiley Happy

Ignore it. If you currently have unlimited, you keep unlimited unless you specifically select a metered data plan. Just accept the defaults and you should be fine.

Message 2 of 4
Scholar

OK then...... I'm off to order my new phone.

Message 3 of 4
Scholar

I had the same issue. "what the heck does this mean?!?" Begin frantically searching for an answer before saying yes and messing myself up, finally get AT&T on the phone and find it it's not an issue.

Just figured I'd save other folks having to go through the same garbage. Enjoy your new phone!

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support