What does the MicroCell look like on a router (it's description)

Contributor

What does the MicroCell look like on a router (it's description)

I have a home network with 20 ethernet jacks around my house.   I have VZ FIOS which also shows cable boxes, TIVOs, etc as network devices.  For example, a TIVO might look like this on the router lis "TIVO-648000180243427".  Does anyone know what the MicroCell looks like on the list - it is not obvious.

Message 1 of 4 (407 Views)
Guru

Re: What does the MicroCell look like on a router (it's description)

The Microcell requests a DHCP lease, but does not give a client ID or other identifier that can go in the lease database for you to look at.

The best you can do is match the Ethernet address up. It should be written on a label on the bottom of the Microcell, and very likely looks like 00:22:3A:xx:xx:xx

Message 2 of 4 (391 Views)
Scholar

bostonimann wrote:

I have a home network with 20 ethernet jacks around my house.   I have VZ FIOS which also shows cable boxes, TIVOs, etc as network devices.  For example, a TIVO might look like this on the router lis "TIVO-648000180243427".  Does anyone know what the MicroCell looks like on the list - it is not obvious.

Some routers offer you a way to "reserve" a certain DHCP address for a particular MAC address.  Each router is different but I think most make this process pretty easy.  

Message 3 of 4 (389 Views)
Guru

bostonimann wrote:

I have renamed my MicroCell on my FiOS (Actiontec) router so I can't tell you what the default name is, but as nsayer suggested, you can identify the MicroCell by it's IP address.

FWIW, I have my MicroCell set as a Static lease in my Actiontec's configuration.

Message 4 of 4 (352 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.