Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 28, 2011
4:04:44 PM
View profile
What does the MicroCell look like on a router (it's description)

I have a home network with 20 ethernet jacks around my house.   I have VZ FIOS which also shows cable boxes, TIVOs, etc as network devices.  For example, a TIVO might look like this on the router lis "TIVO-648000180243427".  Does anyone know what the MicroCell looks like on the list - it is not obvious.

I have a home network with 20 ethernet jacks around my house.   I have VZ FIOS which also shows cable boxes, TIVOs, etc as network devices.  For example, a TIVO might look like this on the router lis "TIVO-648000180243427".  Does anyone know what the MicroCell looks like on the list - it is not obvious.

What does the MicroCell look like on a router (it's description)

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2011 12:25:08 PM
(0)
Guru

The Microcell requests a DHCP lease, but does not give a client ID or other identifier that can go in the lease database for you to look at.

The best you can do is match the Ethernet address up. It should be written on a label on the bottom of the Microcell, and very likely looks like 00:22:3A:xx:xx:xx

The Microcell requests a DHCP lease, but does not give a client ID or other identifier that can go in the lease database for you to look at.

The best you can do is match the Ethernet address up. It should be written on a label on the bottom of the Microcell, and very likely looks like 00:22:3A:xx:xx:xx

Re: What does the MicroCell look like on a router (it's description)

2 of 4 (385 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2011 12:37:54 PM
(0)
Scholar

bostonimann wrote:

Some routers offer you a way to "reserve" a certain DHCP address for a particular MAC address.  Each router is different but I think most make this process pretty easy.  

bostonimann wrote:

Some routers offer you a way to "reserve" a certain DHCP address for a particular MAC address.  Each router is different but I think most make this process pretty easy.  

3 of 4 (383 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 2, 2011 8:17:03 AM
(0)
Guru

bostonimann wrote:

I have renamed my MicroCell on my FiOS (Actiontec) router so I can't tell you what the default name is, but as nsayer suggested, you can identify the MicroCell by it's IP address.

FWIW, I have my MicroCell set as a Static lease in my Actiontec's configuration.

bostonimann wrote:

I have renamed my MicroCell on my FiOS (Actiontec) router so I can't tell you what the default name is, but as nsayer suggested, you can identify the MicroCell by it's IP address.

FWIW, I have my MicroCell set as a Static lease in my Actiontec's configuration.

4 of 4 (346 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments