Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 15, 2010
12:05:44 PM
What does it mean under data usage? To/From: PHONE Type:Internet Media net

What does it mean when it says this below under data usage? 

I mean I get what it is but not sure why or what is causing it....It will do it all night and morning while I'm sleeping and not using the phone. At night, it's mostly 7kb every 10 minutes or sometimes 1 min. Sometimes even an hour apart.

Is this because I am logged into my facebook app or what? I have espn score center so it could be that I guess....

Also, will it show when I send a message or comment thru facebook? and what will it show it as?

What will show up if I send an email thru yahoo or something?

Can someone give me a run-down on how to decipher this and if it will show this info below for multi-media text messages also, like forward texts I get?

What am I sending that tends to be 1100kb and higher?

I need a clear breakdown of what it will list under data usage for everything I do.........please and thank you....

DATE TIME TO/FROMTYPEDIRECTIONMSG/KB/MIN
09/1511:46 AMphoneInternet/MEdia NetSent648KB
09/1511:34 AMphoneInternet/MEdia NetSent64KB
09/1511:30 AMphoneInternet/MEdia NetSent40KB

What does it mean when it says this below under data usage? 

I mean I get what it is but not sure why or what is causing it....It will do it all night and morning while I'm sleeping and not using the phone. At night, it's mostly 7kb every 10 minutes or sometimes 1 min. Sometimes even an hour apart.

Is this because I am logged into my facebook app or what? I have espn score center so it could be that I guess....

Also, will it show when I send a message or comment thru facebook? and what will it show it as?

What will show up if I send an email thru yahoo or something?

Can someone give me a run-down on how to decipher this and if it will show this info below for multi-media text messages also, like forward texts I get?

What am I sending that tends to be 1100kb and higher?

I need a clear breakdown of what it will list under data usage for everything I do.........please and thank you....

DATE TIME TO/FROMTYPEDIRECTIONMSG/KB/MIN
09/1511:46 AMphoneInternet/MEdia NetSent648KB
09/1511:34 AMphoneInternet/MEdia NetSent64KB
09/1511:30 AMphoneInternet/MEdia NetSent40KB

What does it mean under data usage? To/From: PHONE Type:Internet Media net

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2010 9:28:29 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by Zombiehunter on Sep 18, 2010 at 9:30:37 PM

Do you have an iPhone? I tend to see these question from iPhone users.

AT&T gathers data usage for billing purposes. Even if you have a data package you will see those types of data transfers. There should be no charges to your bill for those transfers because it is part of their data gathering for billing.

When you send a message thru facebook, it will only show as data usage for the time you area using facebook. It will not break down what you did during you data usage sessions.

Also, the time showing on your bill for your data usage can be off by several hours from the actual time you were using data. I think that is is in conjunction with their data usage retrieval system that you are asking about.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

Do you have an iPhone? I tend to see these question from iPhone users.

AT&T gathers data usage for billing purposes. Even if you have a data package you will see those types of data transfers. There should be no charges to your bill for those transfers because it is part of their data gathering for billing.

When you send a message thru facebook, it will only show as data usage for the time you area using facebook. It will not break down what you did during you data usage sessions.

Also, the time showing on your bill for your data usage can be off by several hours from the actual time you were using data. I think that is is in conjunction with their data usage retrieval system that you are asking about.

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

Re: What does it mean under data usage? To/From: PHONE Type:Internet Media net

[ Edited ]
2 of 6 (81,270 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2010 10:33:16 PM
(0)
Tutor

Can you see on your bill what was sent or received?

Can you see on your bill what was sent or received?

3 of 6 (81,242 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2010 10:53:06 PM
(0)
Professor

Sure can, log onto your account, click view full bill. It's right after the text messages section.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

Sure can, log onto your account, click view full bill. It's right after the text messages section.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

4 of 6 (81,238 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2010 8:25:46 AM
(0)
Professor

ghostryder wrote:

Wait, if you're asking what information was sent then no you cannot see what was sent, only the amount of data.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

ghostryder wrote:

Wait, if you're asking what information was sent then no you cannot see what was sent, only the amount of data.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

5 of 6 (81,213 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 22, 2010 1:42:54 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thank you so much! You answered my question. So, sending messages on fb will show as kb usage and that is a message sent. thanks!

Thank you so much! You answered my question. So, sending messages on fb will show as kb usage and that is a message sent. thanks!

6 of 6 (80,204 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments