Wireless Forums

Posted Mar 18, 2009
1:57:20 PM
View profile
What does insurance or warranty cover ?

I was wondering what the insurance and the warranty on the iphone 3G exactly covers? Does the coverage include: lost, stolen, or water damage? My iphone is new and I want to inquire about what I need to do in case these things occur. Thanks

I was wondering what the insurance and the warranty on the iphone 3G exactly covers? Does the coverage include: lost, stolen, or water damage? My iphone is new and I want to inquire about what I need to do in case these things occur. Thanks

What does insurance or warranty cover ?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 18, 2009 2:01:24 PM
(0)
Master
Edited by youngjm on Mar 18, 2009 at 2:02:06 PM

barbieelynn wrote:

ATT does not offer insurance for the iPhone.  You would need to check with your home owners or search for other 3rd party providers to see what they may cover.  Apple does provide Apple Care.  That extends your phone support from 3 months to 2 years and extends your warranty for manufacturer's defects from 1 year to 2 years.  It does not cover accidental damage, loss, etc..... It does cover battery replacement though.

Message Edited by youngjm on 03-18-2009 05:02:06 PM

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

barbieelynn wrote:

ATT does not offer insurance for the iPhone.  You would need to check with your home owners or search for other 3rd party providers to see what they may cover.  Apple does provide Apple Care.  That extends your phone support from 3 months to 2 years and extends your warranty for manufacturer's defects from 1 year to 2 years.  It does not cover accidental damage, loss, etc..... It does cover battery replacement though.

Message Edited by youngjm on 03-18-2009 05:02:06 PM

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Re: What does insurance or warranty cover ?

[ Edited ]
2 of 4 (14,250 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 18, 2009 10:09:54 PM
(0)
Professor

I've heard that you can purchase the iphone at "Best Buy". And They will offer an insurance package to you.

But please read the fine print on everything from best buy mobile. Because they may have their own set of terms and conditions.

Reading through the forums I've always heard such great things about the apple employees. And Such great service when someone has had to go and have their phone looked at. Sounds like the apple warranty is well worth it.

But there's also been frequent complaints of iphone theft. So this is definately a phone to keep an eye on.

I've heard that you can purchase the iphone at "Best Buy". And They will offer an insurance package to you.

But please read the fine print on everything from best buy mobile. Because they may have their own set of terms and conditions.

Reading through the forums I've always heard such great things about the apple employees. And Such great service when someone has had to go and have their phone looked at. Sounds like the apple warranty is well worth it.

But there's also been frequent complaints of iphone theft. So this is definately a phone to keep an eye on.

3 of 4 (14,191 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 19, 2009 6:39:46 AM
(0)
Expert

Smurfette27 wrote:

Q. Will there be a monthly product service plan offered for the iPhone 3G?
A. Yes. However, AppleCare will not be available through Best Buy.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat161300050015&type=category

Knight Rider Rules.gif

AT&T's return policy has changed effective 10/07/12.  You have 14 days to return the device & cxl without a ETF.  Policy info HERE.

Where is Justin Timberlake when you need him?. I need him to billed me a bridge to get a cross all these tears from complainers.This post is protected under the laws of the United States & other Countries. Unauthorized duplication, Distribution may result in civil liability & criminal prosecution.The OP gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of: The mods, Fellow forumites, Canada, The United States Of America, Mexico, USVI & Europe. As well as James Bond.

When the going gets rough, hide in a pillow fort and pretend you don't exist.

Smurfette27 wrote:

Q. Will there be a monthly product service plan offered for the iPhone 3G?
A. Yes. However, AppleCare will not be available through Best Buy.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat161300050015&type=category

Knight Rider Rules.gif

AT&T's return policy has changed effective 10/07/12.  You have 14 days to return the device & cxl without a ETF.  Policy info HERE.

Where is Justin Timberlake when you need him?. I need him to billed me a bridge to get a cross all these tears from complainers.This post is protected under the laws of the United States & other Countries. Unauthorized duplication, Distribution may result in civil liability & criminal prosecution.The OP gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of: The mods, Fellow forumites, Canada, The United States Of America, Mexico, USVI & Europe. As well as James Bond.

When the going gets rough, hide in a pillow fort and pretend you don't exist.

4 of 4 (14,085 Views)