What could I do?

Contributor

What could I do?

We set up a two years family plan since Aug.17 2010 and ordered four IPHONE4. According to the contract, we could get our Iphone4 within 2 weeks, Sept. 1st. However, we got our Iphone4 on 15th, Sept. The reason they told us is that apple delay the shipment. But iphone 4 were in opened boxs. We asked the authorized retailer to returen, so they want us to wait another week for unopened iphone4. Todady, I got it, they opened the box and activated it. When they gave me it, I found a small sunken mark on the top of the device. They said I could not change it, but I could bring it to apple store to exchange it, if the apple store refuse to help me, I could bring it back , the authorized retailer could exchange it. I came to New York from NJ, and then the Apple store 's manager told me it is a physical damage, I should find the Authorized retailer to deal with. I came back to the authorized retailer, they give me the only solution is to cancel the cellphone line. I don't want to cancel the line, why they enforced me to accept the defective one and lie to me, the Apple store will exchange it. What should I do if I want to use a Non-defective iphone4? Could some one help me?

Message 1 of 5 (151 Views)
Master

Re: What could I do?

aibosnow wrote:

We set up a two years family plan since Aug.17 2010 and ordered four IPHONE4. According to the contract, we could get our Iphone4 within 2 weeks, Sept. 1st. However, we got our Iphone4 on 15th, Sept. The reason they told us is that apple delay the shipment. But iphone 4 were in opened boxs. We asked the authorized retailer to returen, so they want us to wait another week for unopened iphone4. Todady, I got it, they opened the box and activated it. When they gave me it, I found a small sunken mark on the top of the device. They said I could not change it, but I could bring it to apple store to exchange it, if the apple store refuse to help me, I could bring it back , the authorized retailer could exchange it. I came to New York from NJ, and then the Apple store 's manager told me it is a physical damage, I should find the Authorized retailer to deal with. I came back to the authorized retailer, they give me the only solution is to cancel the cellphone line. I don't want to cancel the line, why they enforced me to accept the defective one and lie to me, the Apple store will exchange it. What should I do if I want to use a Non-defective iphone4? Could some one help me?

How bad is the mark? If it's not too bad, then I would just deal with it and save myself the trouble of exhanging, calling, arguing, etc.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 5 (149 Views)
Contributor

I could not fix it by myself. The iphone 4 must be sent back to plant to deal with. 

We wait it for more than a month, so defective one could not be accepted.

Thank you for your advise, what you said is right, there will be lots of hard work, calling and arguing. I am an international student, my english...... will be a weakness. Smiley Sad 

Message 3 of 5 (140 Views)
Master

aibosnow wrote:

I could not fix it by myself. The iphone 4 must be sent back to plant to deal with. 

We wait it for more than a month, so defective one could not be accepted.

Thank you for your advise, what you said is right, there will be lots of hard work, calling and arguing. I am an international student, my english...... will be a weakness. Smiley Sad 

I'm sorry about that. Good luck to you. Smiley Happy

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 4 of 5 (120 Views)
Highlighted
Master

The retailer where you purchased the phone has to deal with it.  Do not accept an explanation that they have to cancel the line.  That is wrong.  They just don't want to fix their mistake.

Message 5 of 5 (105 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.