Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 13, 2010
5:53:10 AM
What are the chances of an iPhone 4 recall???

It's not that big of an issue for me, but with all of these reviews addressing that their is an issue with the antenna, do you think Apple could recall all iPhone 4's?? The only comment I have about the antenna is they could have put it somewhere at the top where nobody holds the phone.

I've been reading the forums of AT&T and Apple since the iPhone 3G and I don't ever remember this many issues with the previous versions of iPhones, so that's why I ask the question about a possible recall.

It's not that big of an issue for me, but with all of these reviews addressing that their is an issue with the antenna, do you think Apple could recall all iPhone 4's?? The only comment I have about the antenna is they could have put it somewhere at the top where nobody holds the phone.

I've been reading the forums of AT&T and Apple since the iPhone 3G and I don't ever remember this many issues with the previous versions of iPhones, so that's why I ask the question about a possible recall.

What are the chances of an iPhone 4 recall???

34 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(34)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 14, 2010 7:06:07 PM
(0)
Professor

Jackal30 wrote:

For those who uses "not all are having this issue" needs to use the scientifics rationale to answer if there IS or IS NOT a receptio problem:  When you place ALL iPhone4 in a known (low reception) problem area and then proceed to short the antannae by hand, is there or isn't there a drop in reception/bars ?

If there is then the iPhone has problem --> needs future redesign.  If it's 50:50, then not design flaw.  Pretty clear cut.  No Apple cult member can argue this result.

I did. I tried this when I first heard of the so called antenna problem.

I've cupped the iPhone, held it in a manner to "short out" the antenna gaps, gripped it really tight...

No drop in bars. Nothing. 

To be sure, I did drop a call later that evening, but this is an area that's been problematic for ALL of my AT&T phones. No handset has ever not dropped a call when I've been on a long conversation. 

Whether or not I'm an "Apple cult member", the fact remains that I can't replicate the problem.  If it were a hardware issue, then I would have gotten the result I was looking for. 

Jackal30 wrote:

For those who uses "not all are having this issue" needs to use the scientifics rationale to answer if there IS or IS NOT a receptio problem:  When you place ALL iPhone4 in a known (low reception) problem area and then proceed to short the antannae by hand, is there or isn't there a drop in reception/bars ?

If there is then the iPhone has problem --> needs future redesign.  If it's 50:50, then not design flaw.  Pretty clear cut.  No Apple cult member can argue this result.

I did. I tried this when I first heard of the so called antenna problem.

I've cupped the iPhone, held it in a manner to "short out" the antenna gaps, gripped it really tight...

No drop in bars. Nothing. 

To be sure, I did drop a call later that evening, but this is an area that's been problematic for ALL of my AT&T phones. No handset has ever not dropped a call when I've been on a long conversation. 

Whether or not I'm an "Apple cult member", the fact remains that I can't replicate the problem.  If it were a hardware issue, then I would have gotten the result I was looking for. 

Posted from my iPhone 4. Look at me I'm hot and nerdy.

Re: What are the chances of an iPhone 4 recall???

31 of 35 (614 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 14, 2010 10:30:35 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by nitin00 on Jul 14, 2010 at 10:35:29 PM

I love the iphone, but I can't believe some people love it blindly so much that if they are not having an issue they think it doesn't exist. Does everyone think that all these top website including consumer digest that tested three different iphone 4's from different retailers and tested them all in controlled enviornment and it failed their tests vs. evo 4g and even the old iphone 3gs. Stop cutting steve jobs camp all the slack if there is a problem with Antenna they need to frickin fix it. A company needs to stand behind their product, just because it is a pretty iphone 4 (which I ordered a few days back) doesn't mean you need to be blinded by it.

I would give big applause to Apple if they cam out and said we would take care of those customers that are getting dropped calls. You guys realize if there is actually a flaw in the Antenna design and apple doesn't come clean and later it would hurt their image greatly. To them it is not worth 2 billion dollars they can make it up in a matter of few months.

I love the iphone, but I can't believe some people love it blindly so much that if they are not having an issue they think it doesn't exist. Does everyone think that all these top website including consumer digest that tested three different iphone 4's from different retailers and tested them all in controlled enviornment and it failed their tests vs. evo 4g and even the old iphone 3gs. Stop cutting steve jobs camp all the slack if there is a problem with Antenna they need to frickin fix it. A company needs to stand behind their product, just because it is a pretty iphone 4 (which I ordered a few days back) doesn't mean you need to be blinded by it.

I would give big applause to Apple if they cam out and said we would take care of those customers that are getting dropped calls. You guys realize if there is actually a flaw in the Antenna design and apple doesn't come clean and later it would hurt their image greatly. To them it is not worth 2 billion dollars they can make it up in a matter of few months.

[ Edited ]
32 of 35 (583 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 14, 2010 10:37:03 PM
(0)
Teacher

if you don't have the problem and I don't have the problem then good for us. may be people don't live in the best coverage area then it would truly suck in their care.

if you don't have the problem and I don't have the problem then good for us. may be people don't live in the best coverage area then it would truly suck in their care.

33 of 35 (576 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2010 7:50:24 PM
(0)
Guru

I have an idea for apple

hahaha just for fun ,  im sure you remember old school phones with this big antenna...

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

I have an idea for apple

hahaha just for fun ,  im sure you remember old school phones with this big antenna...

34 of 35 (510 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2010 8:14:32 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

nitin00 wrote:

I love the iphone, but I can't believe some people love it blindly so much that if they are not having an issue they think it doesn't exist.

That's because it doesn't exist. Dropping 20db when wrapping in flesh isn't a defect, it's a radio.

Apple said you can return it if you can't make it work to your liking. For free. So take it back, and get something else if you're in a part of the country with crappy coverage and you refuse to use a case of any kind and you still buy an iP4 anyway, so it doesn't work for you because you always hold your phone that way and don't use any hands-free technology ever so the phone is JUST NEVER GOING TO WORK... so, yeah, don't keep it.

nitin00 wrote:

I love the iphone, but I can't believe some people love it blindly so much that if they are not having an issue they think it doesn't exist.

That's because it doesn't exist. Dropping 20db when wrapping in flesh isn't a defect, it's a radio.

Apple said you can return it if you can't make it work to your liking. For free. So take it back, and get something else if you're in a part of the country with crappy coverage and you refuse to use a case of any kind and you still buy an iP4 anyway, so it doesn't work for you because you always hold your phone that way and don't use any hands-free technology ever so the phone is JUST NEVER GOING TO WORK... so, yeah, don't keep it.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

35 of 35 (502 Views)