Helpful Links

What are the Data Transfer charges on my bill for Wireless Internet Pay-Per Use?

Contributor

What are the Data Transfer charges on my bill for Wireless Internet Pay-Per Use?

I just got my bill today and had $20 worth of data transfer charges on my usage.  I do not even use the internet on my phone, I never check email or anything, I just had the pay per use added so I can send and receive pics....is this what I am being charged for? UGH!  Thanks
Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: What are the Data Transfer charges on my bill for Wireless Internet Pay-Per Use?

lloveless wrote:
I just got my bill today and had $20 worth of data transfer charges on my usage.  I do not even use the internet on my phone, I never check email or anything, I just had the pay per use added so I can send and receive pics....is this what I am being charged for? UGH!  Thanks

You should not be charged for MMS, but AT&T phones usually have a button that is very easy to press and takes you right to the internet. If you're not planning to use internet, try to change the browser settings from Media Net to some bogus profile (just create a new one and don't set it up).
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3

Re: What are the Data Transfer charges on my bill for Wireless Internet Pay-Per Use?

Hey be happy, I was charge $2551.57 for the same. I never have use that. Even I don't  how to use. But the aswer you got (is a botton that can send you to the internet) Humm that can help resorve something. But the problem now is for how long if you press the buttom (what botton???) it will the phone stai on the internet (I was charged for ? Data Transfer). I was chaged for over $3,000.00. I look at the time the Data Transfer were done. Well they are different (well. I don't thin so, because I think you need to send or get some DATA. Plus They were from 3KB to 10,093 KB. That is alot for a phone just in limbo in the internet???
AT&T said that the Data transfer were from my cell phone, because the simm casr that is unique. But I know I never (prus I don't know how and don't need to get on the internet on a phone. I have a computer that do that.
Well you are looky, just $20.00. I pay over $3000.00, quit the company and find a better company that is more cheep in price.
I have no problem before AT&T tool over my company that was Cingular.
O I recomendo to fill a complain so this issues with this problem can be seen by others. I to my lawer for advisor and he toll me to start with:
 FCC.gom (go to fill comsumer complains - tel - etc..
Federasl Trade Commision - complains -tel/cell
Now I will fiil out with Caligornia gov, because the phone is use in San Diego, CA. So you need to go to you State.
This is optional - I will send a complain to my State congresman. If you know you state comgessmam, hey they help me in others problems, so why not in this one. Note- is better is you know (have aliance with he/her).
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?
Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

AT&T Locker is being discontinued on August 3rd. Find out what you need to do.

Additional Support